Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Whoa what kind of twisted DNA comes out of that??
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    iqjnojfb49ry.jpg

Been there, seen that....
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Sorry but my toilet has never looked that bad
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450 wrote: »
    Im thinking your truck is the 6. So understand the settle in part. Not sure the 4 has enough ump to do that lol. That system you installed is way better than mine. How do you like it ? Would you do it again ? Mine was only 420.00 installed & alignment so I'm very happy. If I upgrade truck I plan on lifting to the sky. I see a 4doors lifted like 5-6 inches & drooled. I like the looks of Tacomas over Tundras anyways. My son-in-law talked me into buying this. He shitt when i bought the Taco & 4banger at that. It will never hit the mud. He has Tundra Ted pro sport or something like that. 55000.00 truck. Crazy

No it’s unlikely to settle any significant amount with spacers. I didn’t realize you were including the additional height from the tires. That makes sense. I had a 1” “Cornfed” spacer/leveling kit for about a year before I went with the full on suspension lift. Never had any issues and it maintained the stock ride. You can’t go wrong with the 4cyl unless you need to tow a boat. That engine is as reliable as they get.
    My neighbor just bought a new Tundra TRD sport as well. Nice Truck. Has those sport tuned Bilsteins from the factory and oversized sway bars.

My 2/1 lift, the coil springs started out about an inch an a half higher than expected and it took about 1000 miles for them to settle in to the 2” front and 1” rear it was supposed to be. I really like the 6100 5160 combo with the matching Bilstein coil springs on all four corners. It got rid of the excessive brake dive I had on the OEM struts and improved handling as well; despite the extra height. The ride still feels close to original but a little firmer over broken pavement.
    I also added FALKEN Wildpeak AT3Ws and ICON wheels, but kept the OEM tire size. The zero offset wheels gives it nicer stance IMO. The tires are still under the fenders which is what I wanted. I also added tubular upper control arms with more caster built in to ensure the alignment angles were still achievable. I did the install myself but had Toyota do the alignment after. Other things I added was a roof rack, the predator step bars were an add on, and the black badges.

My 4Runner is a 2018 SR5 because with 4 kids I need the 3rd row which isn’t available in any of the TRDs. I’d love a Tacoma though for the obvious utility of the bed. I do miss having a pickup. When my kids are older and driving I won’t need the seats and look forward to another truck.
    gwik9sqi19lj.jpeg
    lpgvxcjka2pc.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Willow wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    50ztd40bzmpn.jpg

qfnlcm0qbs4p.jpg

Haha... Not Canada

No, but we can see it from here on a clear day! ;)
    OK... almost.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Willow wrote: »

Haha... Not Canada

No, but we can see it from here on a clear day! ;)
    OK... almost.

I listen to CJRT. Does that count?

• boston1450
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Im thinking your truck is the 6. So understand the settle in part. Not sure the 4 has enough ump to do that lol. That system you installed is way better than mine. How do you like it ? Would you do it again ? Mine was only 420.00 installed & alignment so I'm very happy. If I upgrade truck I plan on lifting to the sky. I see a 4doors lifted like 5-6 inches & drooled. I like the looks of Tacomas over Tundras anyways. My son-in-law talked me into buying this. He shitt when i bought the Taco & 4banger at that. It will never hit the mud. He has Tundra Ted pro sport or something like that. 55000.00 truck. Crazy

No it’s unlikely to settle any significant amount with spacers. I didn’t realize you were including the additional height from the tires. That makes sense. I had a 1” “Cornfed” spacer/leveling kit for about a year before I went with the full on suspension lift. Never had any issues and it maintained the stock ride. You can’t go wrong with the 4cyl unless you need to tow a boat. That engine is as reliable as they get.
    My neighbor just bought a new Tundra TRD sport as well. Nice Truck. Has those sport tuned Bilsteins from the factory and oversized sway bars.

My 2/1 lift, the coil springs started out about an inch an a half higher than expected and it took about 1000 miles for them to settle in to the 2” front and 1” rear it was supposed to be. I really like the 6100 5160 combo with the matching Bilstein coil springs on all four corners. It got rid of the excessive brake dive I had on the OEM struts and improved handling as well; despite the extra height. The ride still feels close to original but a little firmer over broken pavement.
    I also added FALKEN Wildpeak AT3Ws and ICON wheels, but kept the OEM tire size. The zero offset wheels gives it nicer stance IMO. The tires are still under the fenders which is what I wanted. I also added tubular upper control arms with more caster built in to ensure the alignment angles were still achievable. I did the install myself but had Toyota do the alignment after. Other things I added was a roof rack, the predator step bars were an add on, and the black badges.

My 4Runner is a 2018 SR5 because with 4 kids I need the 3rd row which isn’t available in any of the TRDs. I’d love a Tacoma though for the obvious utility of the bed. I do miss having a pickup. When my kids are older and driving I won’t need the seats and look forward to another truck.
    gwik9sqi19lj.jpeg
    lpgvxcjka2pc.jpeg

Your 4runner is beautiful. You have the wheels & step I like too. I put my cheap tube step on before I put lift on. It was 130 bucks I think. I knew when I ordered them I was going to change them out. At time I did NOT know I was going to lift it.Then I lifted it & added 10ply tires, now i want a step like yours. Wheels, I like the black with aluminium tips to break up the black like yours. Very nice. Btw the rack looks great.... Does the 4runner ride comfortable compare to the Tacoma ? I've heard the 4dr Tacoma ride better than AC long bed like mine. Maybe more like yours. Overall is there anything you don't like about the 4runner ? Do you drive in snow & how does it do ?
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450 wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »

gwik9sqi19lj.jpeg
    lpgvxcjka2pc.jpeg

Your 4runner is beautiful. You have the wheels & step I like too. I put my cheap tube step on before I put lift on. It was 130 bucks I think. I knew when I ordered them I was going to change them out. At time I did NOT know I was going to lift it.Then I lifted it & added 10ply tires, now i want a step like yours. Wheels, I like the black with aluminium tips to break up the black like yours. Very nice. Btw the rack looks great.... Does the 4runner ride comfortable compare to the Tacoma ? I've heard the 4dr Tacoma ride better than AC long bed like mine. Maybe more like yours. Overall is there anything you don't like about the 4runner ? Do you drive in snow & how does it do ?

There isn’t much I don’t like about it. The fuel mileage isn’t that good 17/20mpg because of the 4.0v6 and 5spd auto. Toyota has been using this combo for over a decade so it’s not as efficient as some of the competitors. It works well though and has proven its reliability. The OEM SR5 ride is very comfortable not near as firm as the Tacoma, but does tend to dive under normal braking more than most would want. The Bilstein struts fixed this. Unlike most other mid size SUVs it’s still built on a truck frame which I like and it feels like a truck. Like you with your Tacoma I like the 4Runner more now than when I bought it. I needed 3rows but didn’t want a car crossover or a minivan. The Tahoes and Expeditions were too big to allow both the wife and I to park in the garage easily. The 4Runner had all the things I needed, space, a true 4wd, tow package. After having it for two and a half years I love how versatile it is. We’ve taken it camping several times, it goes fantastic in the snow, hauls all of us when I need it to, and the rear seats hideaway wonderfully when I don’t need them. I’ve used it to pull trailers and stumps. It doesn’t have a lot of modern tech and it’s on a chassis Toyota has been using well over a decade. Those things don’t bother me though and I’ve actually grown to like that. Did I mention the rear window rolls down too. It’s nice to put all the windows and back glass down and the sunroof back and just go drive. It’s a Jeepish feel, but not quite.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    0y2acwiee95o.jpg

hoarfrost.
    it was one degree F when we got up this morning.

v5y96fu9f687.jpg

Sunset (well, almost -- since the hill obscures the horizon to the southwest) on Thursday (Dec. 17) after the snowstorm.

• mhardy6647
    0bqzhah2xviz.png

A Nakamichi 1000 and an AKAI 8 track cartridge deck. Cool.
  • boston1450
    edited December 2020
    Thank you kindly for all the info. It may make me change mind as I like SUV's & have trucks now. I miss my XC90 & wish i hadn't sold it now. Too many vehicles & ins is killing me. Thanks again. Happy Holidays to you & your family.
    Randy/Maine
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    hoarfrost.
    We call it pogonip

bbqbtxg6obra.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    audioluvr wrote: »
    hoarfrost.
    We call it pogonip

bbqbtxg6obra.jpg

We call it )$&@‘n cold...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    hoarfrost.
    We call it pogonip

bbqbtxg6obra.jpg

Wow, old age!
    I glanced at ^^^ this before I had my glasses on. I thought it looked like a drive-in car hop tray with a soda and a glazed donut at the bottom. Carry on! :)

jihaejrc81wi.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Probably safe to bring that hummingbird feeder in.
  • mhardy6647
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Probably safe to bring that hummingbird feeder in.

You should be on television. B)

That's actually rime (as in "of the Ancient Mariner") on that hummer feeder -- at least if teh interwebz are to be believed. Rime tends to form on one side as opposed to all around... although rime also tends to be chunkier than frost/hoarfrost. Again, this is all according to teh webz.

This... this is definitely rime: :)

vposj8vxdf6v.png
  • audioluvr
    I thought the technical term was Roan. Tomato tomoto...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    That is so awesome. That thing has a better zoom than my telescope. I also was looking at Jupiter and Saturn last night. I can see any rings on Saturn but could easily see 4 of Jupiter's moons.
  • CH46E
    In Cabo right now? Nice..... doing any fishing?
  • mhardy6647
    We had a good look last night (when it was brilliantly clear and the crescent moon not too bright) with Mrs. H Swarovski spotting scope. Even by eye the viewing was good, although Saturn's none too bright at this point.

Tonight we've got clouds.

I did take some photos last night with a 300 mm zoom on my DX format DSLR (about equivalent to 450 mm on full-frame 35 mm format, if memory serves). I had to manually focus (which was nontrivial) and I did a lousy job -- I also bracketed the exposure extensively (and manually), but not especially well.

Still, at least you can see 'em both. :)

5vge86wnekb1.jpg
  • CH46E
    edited December 2020
    Great shots Mark.
  • audioluvr
    CH46E wrote: »

Not yet. Just got here.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    CH46E wrote: »

Not yet. Just got here.

Have a Waborita for me..