Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 967
    Was just a fun jab at Drew. I love GOT
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,605
    bc7294m1xjcj.jpg
  • verbverb Posts: 4,025
    Spellcheck - OK. Grammar check - Uhhh. :smile:
    iub13uwdumcd.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 436
    VAmLb.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,239
    CGTIII wrote: »
    VAmLb.jpg

zmeca810nwuj.jpg
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 2,022
    kxo5ifufgc3w.jpeg
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 436
    9462b386272333ab626c5ae3ab0e9b60.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,952
    7wljl7tcmd3g.jpg
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,332
    Does this fall under “distracted driving”? :D
    Some pretty sick pics. It would be a lot of fun to fly one of those planes... once you learn how to not die, of course. :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,526
    Couple of hats in a small hat collection I have. B)
    1frxt1wgabpt.png
    6api3b7zf2uj.png
    bc64iy7inzfl.png
    91caeoyi5wip.png
    2e8v3lccw135.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mark090852mark090852 Posts: 802
    Nice caps! Looks like you have the same m&m collection we have!
    Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
    Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, Lumin D2
    Network Music Player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
    Deer hit by car almost hits cyclist! Video is out there too! Poor deer!
    cu8cuq4va9lx.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Tony M wrote: »
    Couple of hats in a small hat collection I have. B)
    1frxt1wgabpt.png
    6api3b7zf2uj.png
    bc64iy7inzfl.png
    91caeoyi5wip.png
    2e8v3lccw135.png

You need this vintage one I have listed on eBay:ta8jpm4ue6cm.jpeg

edited October 8
    About six years ago, I purchased a couple of antique mid-century industrial chairs to go along with my tanker desk of the same age. I started restoring the chairs soon after, but never finished. After six years, I finally started back on the main chair.

It’s a General Fireproofing Goodform chair, roughly 70-years old. It’s been a complete restoration, with hours of cleaning, polishing, and painting. To make matters difficult, I never took pictures before disassembly, so i didn’t know how to reassemble it or where every screw and bolt went (which was likely the reason I never finished). After researching other pictures and testing, I’ve figured out where everything goes. I’m going to purchase some new screws and bolts today to replace the old ones, and then it’s off to get reupholstered. The matching task chair will get reupholstered at the same time.

The first two pictures are the before pictures.

ald8c4mza6yn.jpeg
    sj8861csf55w.jpeg
    h9710s7av1z4.jpeg
    di0pkjc3y146.jpeg
    edited October 8
    I saw one of those rolling desk chairs at Good will years ago and it was in MINT cond. Padding and all. It was military green or grey and the price was 30.00. I almost bought it! it was VERY comfortable to sit it!

GW usually doesn't price things that high but during that time, the person/s pricing was/were out of control and drove a bunch of us away. Yard sales were the place to go if we wanted to find a deal during that year or two.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 967
    Beautiful chairs John.
    Refinished Goodform chairs can sell for hundreds, so I’m looking forward to finally enjoying them!

I purchased the very first Goodform model (from the 30s) and sold it to a guy in Brooklyn. I made a nice profit on it!
    edited October 8
    That is awesome, and quite touching. Gives me hope in the American Spirit! Thanks for sharing that Tony!
    Love those chairs @John Megadeth ! Those babies are built like tanks! 70 years old! My current POS office chair fell apart (pneumatic cylinder) had to be replaced after a year!
    edited October 8
    I saw people pulling over ONLY when I moved down to Fredericksburg VA. in "75". I'd never seen the respect for a funeral procession like that.

I pull over almost always when I can without causing a road hazard to the others who wouldn't know what I and others still do when we can.

But I've never seen a person get out of their vehicle like this photo shows. Service men and women have high RESPECT for their Country and fellow servers through and through!

And they all serve to do many things like protect this Country and the people who love this Country. Also to protect this planet the best they can from ruthless dictators and rouge regimes killing innocent people.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 497
    8xkcfys4onll.jpeg

My cat leaving disappointed that no one wanted to play with him
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,582
    edited October 9
    "It's Wild effing Kingdom out there, Jim!" ;)

Too bad the kitteh's not a bobcat.
    (EDIT: too bad from the kitteh's perspective , I mean)
    verb wrote: »
    Love those chairs @John Megadeth ! Those babies are built like tanks! 70 years old! My current POS office chair fell apart (pneumatic cylinder) had to be replaced after a year!

Yeah, I love them, and love bringing them back to life.

I checked the date stamped on the bottom of the chair I'm working on now, and it was manufactured in October of 1963, so though not quite 70-years old, it's 55 this month!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,332
    Garbage can would be about the only thing I'd use it for... ;)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    I would change it to: "BEATS AUDIO - FOR GARBAGE ONLY" :p