What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• joecoulson wrote: »
    This...

wtdevj5p40qr.jpeg

Beautiful amp, can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it
    This...

wtdevj5p40qr.jpeg

The new A21+ looks right at home, a significant upgrade I'm sure. Lots of run in time ahead, I predict you will be very happy ;)

• Working on dialing in some Rossos!
    Got a pair of Certaldo in the system and I think they'll be here for quite awhile.
    vf1ckl6zx7ya.jpg

Congratulations! They are nice pair of speakers to have. When I had them in my setup, I really enjoyed them. If you dial them in good, they can be a fun and pleasure to listen to. Master Sound products go well with them as well. I had PHL-05 in the chain when I had Certalods. They can certainly fill in a good size room. Enjoy and do post your impression about them.
    This...

wtdevj5p40qr.jpeg

Is that brand spankin new?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Congratulations Joe! It certainly looks like a beast!
  • jumpindick wrote: »
    Working on dialing in some Rossos!
    Got a pair of Certaldo in the system and I think they'll be here for quite awhile.
    vf1ckl6zx7ya.jpg

Congratulations! They are nice pair of speakers to have. When I had them in my setup, I really enjoyed them. If you dial them in good, they can be a fun and pleasure to listen to. Master Sound products go well with them as well. I had PHL-05 in the chain when I had Certalods. They can certainly fill in a good size room. Enjoy and do post your impression about them.
    Thank you! I am overjoyed so far. These really bring a new level of detail that I've heard many times, but I've never had the luxury of having in my own home. As I become more familiar with the nuances, the balance across the spectrum keeps me smiling. And although the Certaldos don't have the low end impact of many, the depth of the bass comfortably fills my 15x13 room. It has me looking forward to working through my record collection again, and discovering the joys hidden in my fiancé's records that I haven't heard yet.

Speaking of, she came in the room and her first taste of the Certaldos was Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine. She did pause and say "these are really nice!" and asked how to use the CXN. She's always known the stereo is available, but that's the first time she seemed eager to use it at some point.

Not only am I looking forward to continuing enjoying these, but also looking forward to continuing to fully appreciate future upgrades. Initially I was thinking I might need to step up to a solid state amp, but based on my experience so far I think the Duventi is bringing plenty of power for filling my space and is safely locked in place.

Now to save for more toys :)
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s always cool when the WAF gets pulled into the listening session
    Post an official review of you will, when ready Would like to read about them.
    That’s always cool when the WAF gets pulled into the listening session
    Post an official review of you will, when ready Would like to read about them.
    Can do. I'll wait till I've got more time under my belt with them, but I'll certainly put together some extend thoughts if people are interested.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Please do and focus on the sound quality as I am unfamiliar with the Rosso sound :*
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    You ever put your Gaia II’s back on?
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    yes i did.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Keep some speedy dry handy in case that clock starts leaking oil. Lol! Just a little Harley humor,no offense meant.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Shunyata on the garage rig. Verb is chopping in high cotton!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Shunyata on the garage rig. Verb is chopping in high cotton!

Lol! Had that Shunyata for while, bought from a member here on CP! Wanted to isolate the rig from the Neon light. In fact I plugged the neon light to another circuit in the garage, just to be safe from any potential noise.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited September 2020
    verb wrote: »
    In fact I plugged the neon light to another circuit in the garage, just to be safe from any potential noise.

Now you're thinking like an audiophile!
  • verb
    After I got the rig all hooked up, I decided to putz around in the garage a bit while rocking Tidal! What to do? I cleaned up a pair of super rusty diagonal wire cutters that were left in the house when we moved in! These guys are ready to rock!
    ydb14j0ujrz2.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nice, prep the surface and re-dip
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nice, prep the surface and re-dip

Yep. Bought a can of Plasti-Dip! Dipping newbie, but I’m gonna try it!

• I went from this:

muxedr509bl6.jpg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Quite a difference. What difference is there in the sound?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    Quite a difference. What difference is there in the sound?

It is huge. The Quads are a spectacular speaker. The speed and dynamic range are awesome. They also have incredible bass, that I never got from my Martin Logan CLS or Prodigy electrostats. With that said, the vintage Pioneers have great imaging and midrange, but lack the really low end bass. Still they will be great for jazz and classical in my office at work.
  • indyhawg wrote: »
    I joined the streaming club today. A Lumin U1 Mini showed up at my doorstep. Easy set up. Now I am wondering what took me so long.

It is addicting. Very easy to use the app as well. Enjoy!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I joined the streaming club today. A Lumin U1 Mini showed up at my doorstep. Easy set up. Now I am wondering what took me so long.

Great product. I Love my Mini 😳

In case you weren’t aware, AS has an interesting and informative Lumin thread

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/14016-lumin-audiophile-network-music-player/page/119/?tab=comments#comment-1088146

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    indyhawg wrote: »

Congrats! That is awesome!