Showcase your setups

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s right Trey, now is part of the setup naturally.

Also adjusted crossover on the P6 to 50hz and the results are much more fluid and balanced.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    JayMX wrote: »
    Fooling around last week. Had to take a family photo before a few pairs move along.
    j0udo09kgkpv.jpeg

I have me 3 pair o'polks and I get the evil eye from the ol'ball and chain. :#
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Same here krazypolk - 3 pairs of Polks - I gave away 2 pairs of other brands. I showed the picture to her.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited June 2020
    Maybe the new back-room stereo equipment platform for the electronics that I'll use back there. I wrote a big write-up about my experiences with getting a 27" tube Tv out front with the help of my wife and step-daughter. 3 on a TV... :D. It was then given away to a Craig's list caller who called an hour after I listed it for free. :)

I hooked up an old Onkyo receiver, Sony DVD player and tested 2 old sets of speakers. I had a blast! I didn't get a before or even an after pic. with the stereo in place tonight. Just an in between pic. :D .

I'll post some pics in the "post a picture" thread probably tomorrow. Those JBL's are something to behold. The silver coned model.
    Here's the start of something great back there!
    ca7hrqre0hwi.png

I tested those JBL STUDIO series S412 PII's on the left in the picture along with a set of NHT 2.5i's tonight. WOW is what I was thinking. :D They sounded GREAT!
    It's been way too long! :'( How time flies when you're laid up with some other more pressing needs.
    asj1rtv3y839.png

I have a few more sets out there to hook-up and see if they still play ok. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Clipdat wrote: »
    img_ZBLNUhwqG9EuvO5_r.jpg

Cool system, bro.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    img_ZBLNUhwqG9EuvO5_r.jpg

Cool system, bro.

It's even Atmos equipped. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    You guys have some really nice stuff.
    @nooshinjohn You make your own amps? That would be a very cool endeavor. I just spent an hour going through this thread, much more fun than that football thread. 🙄
  • fish357
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Side shot

4qq5w3bwacay.jpeg

How do you keep that black lacquer clean and shiny? Instructions say not to use waxes, or cleaners. Totally not related to the thread, I know. Sorry
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Dust multiple times weekly. Hardly ever clean with cloth.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Thats a cool pic of the amp with Bob there.
  • tratliff wrote: »
    Haven’t changed anything but was listening to Dire Straits and thought this was a good video.

rva8jdwwhr6c.jpeg

Crap - not sure how to post a video!!!

Beautiful system!!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • TEAforONE wrote: »
    Here are some shots of my secondary system I set up in our finished basement. The room is approximately 25’x16’. The gear consists of; Graham Chartwell LS3/5’s,a pair of Monarchy Audio sm70mkII’s,Promitheus TVC passive preamp,Beresford Bushmaster MK II DAC,Bluesound Node 2,and a pair of Rockville subs I picked up on Epay for $66 a piece! This is a stream only system,that I feel sounds pretty good.

Tell us more about those Rockville subs ($66 wow). And what is that in the middle near the floor....an air cleaner?

George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • The thing in the center is an electric fireplace to warm things up in the winter.
    The Rockville subs are 8”,the were open box specials! Normally the seller has them new for $99,and free shipping. Definitely not on the same planet as REL,but they work.
  • tratliff wrote: »
    Haven’t changed anything but was listening to Dire Straits and thought this was a good video.

rva8jdwwhr6c.jpeg

Crap - not sure how to post a video!!!

Not sure, but I think that you will have to put the video on YouTube and then post the link here???

• TEAforONE wrote: »
    The thing in the center is an electric fireplace to warm things up in the winter.
    The Rockville subs are 8”,the were open box specials! Normally the seller has them new for $99,and free shipping. Definitely not on the same planet as REL,but they work.

Seems like a great value. I checked out the specs and they say 20Hz - 200Hz with no +/- dB. https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rock-shaker-8-black/
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • They are cheap. Other than price,I got them because they have high pass connections with real binding posts,and phase control.
  • Dang, under $100 each! Forget those premium soundbars. Next time someone asks me about one of those I'm going to tell them to get some Elacs, an Onkyo receiver and dual subs. $650 all in and all new.
    Won't be the epitome of hifi, but I'm sure that would blow the average soundbar shopper away.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Dang, under $100 each! Forget those premium soundbars. Next time someone asks me about one of those I'm going to tell them to get some Elacs, an Onkyo receiver and dual subs. $650 all in and all new.
    Won't be the epitome of hifi, but I'm sure that would blow the average soundbar shopper away.

If I see a couple more @ $66 I’m going to snag them for the rear of HT in the basement. I have a pair of Def Tech supercube 2000’s in the front. 4 subs is definitely the way to go for nice smooth even bass.
  • fish357
    fish357 wrote: »
    You guys have some really nice stuff.
    @nooshinjohn You make your own amps? That would be a very cool endeavor. I just spent an hour going through this thread, much more fun than that football thread. 🙄

My amps were a two year long labor of love...

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/106765/building-400-wpc-tube-monoblocks/p1

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/133261/the-amp-project-the-final-chapter-has-begun/p1

Going back and reading these threads nearly ten years later. What a blast that was building them.

b7gnr9bpp2ya.jpg
    Heckuva lot of love, you must be passionate.
    Very sexy- uhh, the amp.
    I’d give it a whirl sometime, I’m pretty handy with tools and inventiveness.
    Did you have a schematic you copied, or just pull the idea out of your head?
  • Schematic came from Bob, but the design work of the chassis was all mine. The picture is Bob Carver with the nearly completed amplifier.

Truly a work of art.