Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited July 2020
    Check out the race car level of negative camber on the front wheels of this Blazer.

uu3iyv01w5mf.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Check out the race car level of negative camber on the front wheels of this Blazer.

uu3iyv01w5mf.jpg

Probably safe.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Nightfall
    2hyerv5sctyy.jpg

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Former ricer. Rears are not adjustable or they'd be riding on the inner 1/3 of the tread too.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    the comet..

4f6gg795pv75.jpeg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    the comet..

4f6gg795pv75.jpeg

Hey Harry is that the comet we can view right now?
  • BlueBirdMusic
    @pitdogg2 yes it is. An hour and half after sunset in the NW sky just below the Big Dipper
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    That is a great picture. I'm going to have to get out. Too many clouds lately.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    too cloudy here. Low on the horizon for us, too -- but climbing day by day.
  • pitdogg2
    There's something special about being able to witness something that most future generations will not. This will not come back for a long while.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    the comet..

4f6gg795pv75.jpeg

Where did you take the picture? On the West Coast I went outside at 10 PM and saw nothing.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    edited July 2020
    Bud,
    Thanks for the complement but I did not take that picture.

I will look for more info and the place it was taken. I got it from Twitter. It was so spectacular I posted it with my iPhone right before dinner at a friend's house.

Update: Taken by Daniel Lopez shown on bottom left of picture.
    His website is elcielodecanarias.com
    I noticed Buzz Aldin commented on it

892oivwmj1n1.png

Comet Neowise visits the Teide Observatory in Tenerife, Spain.

4j7ofdhwthb4.png

udlgcl1ayr16.png

Harry
    Post edited by BlueBirdMusic on

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    I saw this picture a couple of days ago.......

Comet Neowise over Stonehenge, Wiltshire
    386aigncc2an.png

Harry / Marietta GA
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    I saw the comet last night. We have a lot of light pollution but you could clearly see it was a comet.........Just not as good as the photos though. You want to go out when you can first see the stars but there is still a good sun glow at the horizon. For me it was best at 9:45 and by 10:30 it was too low for me to find with the trees in the distance. Find the big dipper and estimate how long it is. Then go the same distance down in a line with the handle and the dipper. That left the comet one extended hand above the horizon. Or just use this link. Put in your city and right under it you can click on find NEOWISE. Play with the time slide to see where to look. And while you are looking turn around and look southeast. You can see Jupiter (the brightest thing up there) and Saturn (left of it and a little dimmer).

https://timeanddate.com/astronomy/night/usa/philadelphia

Bring a good pair of binoculars to help you find the comet if you live near an urban area. A telescope would be even better. Especially for the planets.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Maybe there’s nothing playing?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Sure...could me listening to Mazzy...I like Mazzy so what’s it to ya’😛
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    He should be looking out from the open windoor behind him. The glass he's supposedly looking through looks like the old fuzzy flowed type.

That is a waste of ad $$ if you ask me too. But we are talking about it... :s

This ad is like Wilson Audio's ad that has their $120K speakers 5' apart pointing into some space on their left. The space is out of view due to a wall or stair case.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Hey at least there's a speaker cable running to the speaker! In most of the advertisement shots nothing is even connected. Like this Sony one for example:

95874632_123551239317841_7457824336981250269_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=e3QD2EJyM9QAX-_A6-3&oh=923dbd1a4014c187294d35060ad6bf35&oe=5F3B171F

Yeah, I'm sure they sound great butted right up against the wall like that, even if they were connected.
  • Nightfall
    What's Mazzy Star? Gonna check it out quick.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    5msm76rb9lmb.jpg

Don't go over to Franks house to watch TV!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus