Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited June 2020
    Inflation... actually with the popularity of this forum you'd think that vintage Polks should be quite valuable. Some of us are "speaker rich"
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    la2vegas wrote: »
    These are comparably more affordable, no affiliation.
    1.2TL's have eluded me so far and these would complete my collection. However I'd need to be closer to 1500 dollars. bicpb8y73c4m.jpg
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/bullhead-city-polk-audio-signature/7144423684.html

Nice! Very Early 1.2 TL's
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    1.2TL's have eluded me so far and these would complete my collection. However I'd need to be closer to 1500 dollars. bicpb8y73c4m.jpg
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/bullhead-city-polk-audio-signature/7144423684.html

Offer $1500, he might take it.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    xsmi wrote: »

Original Owner 1.2TL's. Kinda rare in itself, I'd be on em if I were closer.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    xsmi wrote: »

Original Owner 1.2TL's. Kinda rare in itself, I'd be on em if I were closer.

Yup.
    Original owner Polk speakers generally are in great condition and I'd pay a bit more knowing that.

The original or inherited speakers I've bought have been great buys. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Sorry ,thought he wanted 5k , 2k's a bargain ,i'd be all over them if they were down under!
  • audioluvr
    WTF aren't they close to me! I'd gladly pay 2K. They look immaculate!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    No Portland, OR. The only Polks we ever see here are 5jr's
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    audioluvr wrote: »
    WTF aren't they close to me! I'd gladly pay 2K. They look immaculate!

Are you near Laughlin?

Laughing..... one of the few places I'd like to retire in. Laughing or Bullhead City!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I paid significantly more than that for mine as the good stuff isn't normally found cheap. They also ended up being economical in the long run as they've stopped the speaker go round here since 2011.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    JayMX wrote: »
    Oooh I am sooooooo tempted. Only a couple hours away...

6edthv0192x6.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2020
    600.00 bucks? :o

That just might be worth the 4hr. round trip. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033

If these are not in your personal possession by the end of the day today, I will risk the Wuhan Flu to come to your door and personally beat you senseless.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jim 249
    jim 249 Posts: 347
    Just had to see if my speakers had showed up here yet and here they are. Getting ready to move on down south so I am trying to sell them on CL. Stuff is hard to sell here in Twin Falls county.
  • jim 249
    I do have someone coming to look sometime this week, so they say. If no sale off to St George UT they go.
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 424
    jim 249 wrote: »
    Just had to see if my speakers had showed up here yet and here they are. Getting ready to move on down south so I am trying to sell them on CL. Stuff is hard to sell here in Twin Falls county.

Would you entertain uship???

Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • jim 249
    No. They would be way to expensive to ship. Thanks
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 424
    It's fine if you don't want to, but uship estimate is $281.
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471

Run don't walk
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    I do have someone coming to look sometime this week, so they say. If no sale off to St George UT they go.
    If it falls through you can drop them off to me in Farmington on your way past. I’ll make you a deal... Could even possibly trade a smaller pair of SDA's and some cash. PM me if you want to discuss options. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • nooshinjohn
    Let Jay grab these so we can keep them in the family. It's hard to watch a nice pair like these go to anybody else...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jim 249
    They will be packed at the front of the truck with all the rest of the heavy stuff and I have way too many speakers as it is. No more new to me speakers.
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    No more new to me speakers.
    10-4. I do have some friends in Twin that could come pick them up and hold them for me if needed. Let me know if your other deal falls through.
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • vulcan
    vulcan Posts: 86
    Nice SDA SRS 1.2tl speakers in Tuscaloosa, AL on Facebook Marketplace.
    https://facebook.com/marketplace/item/2626094017640105/
    SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • jim 249
    10-4. I do have some friends in Twin that could come pick them up and hold them for me if needed. Let me know if your other deal falls through.

Hey Jay, your fiends here in Twin bought my speakers. Sorry. PS: I gave them a great deal on them, $500 for the pair!
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    A smokin' deal!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2020

Hey Jay, your fiends here in Twin bought my speakers. Sorry. PS: I gave them a great deal on them, $500 for the pair!

Glad you sold them, but to rub Jay's nose in it with the price is classless to say the least. You were gone for 6 years before your speakers came up for sale, so don't let that door hit you on the way out this time either...