Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• lawdogglawdogg Posts: 315
    Paging @la2vegas ...https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ele/d/altadena-polk-audio-high-fidelity/6822670957.html

Looks like Monitor 7s for $30 in your neck of the woods.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,206
    Thats a dang good deal. Almost worth getting into car from Maine & getting em :) .... Somebody get those
    Randy in Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,760
    edited February 18
    I think they're monitor 10's.

The dimensions are in the ad.

Still a great deal for sure!!! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,329
    lawdogg wrote: »
    Paging @la2vegas ...https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/ele/d/altadena-polk-audio-high-fidelity/6822670957.html

I emailed the seller, however the ad has been up for a few hours. Fingers crossed.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,130

Monitor 10's! Go get them!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    800 Va Dreadnought- Speaker Interconnect
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    audioluvr wrote: »

Emailed a second time, same result. Nothing. :'(
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    I hate that! Some idiot probably listed them then went on vacation for a couple weeks or something. Had that happen to me more than once. Or he's got some kind of spam filter that won't let him get emails from CL and of course he's not smart enough to put his phone number in the ad...
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    I hate that! Some idiot probably listed them then went on vacation for a couple weeks or something. Had that happen to me more than once. Or he's got some kind of spam filter that won't let him get emails from CL and of course he's not smart enough to put his phone number in the ad...

That was the scenario I had when I inquired about some GoldenEar speakers that happened to have it's base showing in a picture in the corner bottom right in a Yard Sale ad on Craigs' List. It took a few days for her to reply. She travels for work and was out of the country. I now own those Tritons.

I ALMOST sent a bad email but just held my temper long enough. I might not have been welcomed at her yard sale if she heard my frustration over not getting a reply fast enough. I think she had in her ad if you have questions, email or call I think. I think I even called once and left a message. I told my story on here so it's researchable how it went down. :)

Patience has paid off twice for me. Once it didn't.

Yea, days without a return call or email sucks! I know. :# Especially if they don't take their ad down after they sell the things and it becomes a week or more! :s
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 488
    edited February 20
    One big problem with Craigslist is Yahoo mail usually treats any messages from them as spam. They put the message directly into your spam folder and there is no prompt to show you. I missed out of a few great deals because of this. Only found out months later when I randomly checked my spam folder.

If you use yahoo mail check you spam mail. If the seller is using yahoo he might not ever see any replies.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,153
    delkal wrote: »
    One big problem with Craigslist is Yahoo mail usually treats any messages from them as spam. They put the message directly into your spam folder and there is no prompt to show you. I missed out of a few great deals because of this. Only found out months later when I randomly checked my spam folder.

If you use yahoo mail check you spam mail. If the seller is using yahoo he might not ever see any replies.

Aol is not any better either.
    AOL still exists?
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,453
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 548
    edited February 20
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    delkal wrote: »
    One big problem with Craigslist is Yahoo mail usually treats any messages from them as spam...

Aol is not any better either.

Respectfully suggest anyone using Yahoo/Bellsouth/AT&T or AOL for their email change to a dedicated, professional email service, messagingengine.com. There are many domains available. I use fastmail.us ;-)
    No affiliation.
    Post edited by CGTIII on
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
    edited February 20
    Clipdat wrote: »

Maybe im cheap but that seems little pricey. Maybe 200-250 tops IMO. Ive owned the M11's & LOVED them. I would love to hear the M12's. I would think if this guy is using a Pioneer sx1250 it must sound pretty darn good. The bass must be incredible
    Randy in Maine
    Clipdat wrote: »

Those are BEAUTIFUL! I wish they were closer to me... CRUD!
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    la2vegas wrote: »

:/ Bummer.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

• ThomasDThomasD Posts: 251
    These are being offered by an AK member in Maryland. Must be someone nearby interested. Hate to see them go to waste. No affiliation.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/polk-sda1-speakers.856340/#post-12475305
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
    edited February 21

I emailed them yesterday or the day before. I just got an email and they said they sold last night. Wed. night.

Did you get them? :o

Or at least an email?

Tony M wrote: »

I emailed them yesterday or the day before. I just got an email and they said they sold last night. Wed. night.

Did you get them? :o

Or at least an email?

Nope I was hoping that someone here would get em - I didn't email about them. Too bad. Hopefully whoever got them will enjoy them!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

Darn!
    If they still had them, I was going to tell them I had a friend close to them that would buy them after looking at them in person. But...I was probably next in line. Sorry. :'(
  • NhpennNhpenn Posts: 56
    Not really sure if its a deal (they seem a little abused) but I've never heard of the Signature Edition, is there anything special about them other then the little plaque?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-sda-Signature-Edition-PICK-UP-ONLY/183690298218?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    Not really sure if its a deal (they seem a little abused) but I've never heard of the Signature Edition, is there anything special about them other then the little plaque?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-sda-Signature-Edition-PICK-UP-ONLY/183690298218?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

These are virtually the same but with some upgrades. No affiliation. cfstc8z0fnq0.jpg
    https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/san-antonio-polk-audio-speakers-sda/6825761717.html
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,153
    edited February 24
    I got some just like those. Work good and yes i have all sonicaps in mine but never bought RD-0194's for them. I had plenty of SL1000's lol
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,461

I have a feeling these will be sitting a while for that price...
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,309
    FestYboy wrote: »

I have a feeling these will be sitting a while for that price...

looking closely at the pics, they seem to suffer from being stored in a musty basement for 10 years. Everything looks oxidized and just not right.
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-Sold
    Epos-Now gone
    Infinity-Sold
    Advent-Now gone
    Yamaha A-S801
    Yamaha RX-V377
    Yamaha RX-A860
    Yamaha RX-A3060
    Harman Kardon Hk-350i
    Harman Kardon Hk-........
    Harman Kardon PM-665
    Harman Kardon HK-775
    Pioneer.......Stereo Receiver

• polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,275
    K_M wrote: »
    looking closely at the pics, they seem to suffer from being stored in a musty basement for 10 years. Everything looks oxidized and just not right.

That's OK, it just adds to the vintage of them....
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    Nothing a little loving & elbow grease cant bring back to life. What better winta projects to do on cold winta day
    Randy in Maine
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 548
    SDA 2s taking offers in Chattanooga, TN. No affiliation.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1070297826491905/
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 629

These are virtually the same but with some upgrades. No affiliation. cfstc8z0fnq0.jpg
    https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/san-antonio-polk-audio-speakers-sda/6825761717.html

I had to lol at the "black paint" tweeter on these. I am guessing (hoping) its disconnected. I assume someone put SL2000's in it and then it got upgraded crossovers and RD0's. I suppose with one SL2000 and one RD0 it looked like it had a back eye :p.

01212_4VYQkEmJNEH_1200x900.jpg

One might be able to put a fill in the screw holes from the SL2000 and put a cover plate over the unused tweeter.