Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1195196198200201208

Comments

  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 258
    edited April 1
    Wondering myself.
    Robert, @audioluvr was considerate enough to bid on them and store for me if successfully bid. Haven't heard either way. $598 didn't seem like a bad deal for someone. The only pair I've seen this far north went for $1000 and wasn't in very good shape at all.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • ddogddog Posts: 213
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,671
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,336
    edited April 1
    Not I. I didn't want to go that high on something sight unseen. Someone wanted them really bad!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

    Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • ddogddog Posts: 213
    edited April 2
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...
  • verbverb Posts: 7,648
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,316
    subkron wrote: »
    $450 for SRS 2.3 with bad PR, no affiliation

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276129959972503/

    You can find dentures for chickens easier than that passive radiator.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,699
    ddog wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...

    Please don't cut up a pair of 15s.
  • ddogddog Posts: 213
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    Man... that @audioluvr is a really nice guy...
    Yes it looks like someone got a good deal for sure.
    I hope it turns out to be you bud...

    There's a set near me for sale for $900ish and in not to bad of shape.
    I picked up a set of RTA-15TL's so I'm happily back on the fence.

    RTA15tl's have eluded me so far. I guess at this point and time I've become a little more selective as to the overall condition of speakers that I purchase.

    These are in purdy good condition appearance wise. They have the new tweeter upgrade and the crossovers have been re-capped.

    I'm currently using two rta11tl's in custom cabinets together as my center channel speaker/s behind an AC screen in my theater.

    I'm replacing the 11TL's with the 15tl's...

    Please don't cut up a pair of 15s.

    I'm not cutting up the speeakers!
    Just like the 11tl's that are now going back together and will be exactly as they were, the 15tl's can be put back together to their original state as well.

    I'm just removing the parts from the cabinets and installing them into a new cabinet/s and storing the original cabinets.

    No harm was done to any polk speakers.... but they sure do make for one hell of a bad a$$ center channel speaker/s!!!!
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 258
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    subkron wrote: »
    $450 for SRS 2.3 with bad PR, no affiliation

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276129959972503/

    You can find dentures for chickens easier than that passive radiator.

    https://dentistforchickens.com.au/dentures/
    Yep, your absolutely right!! B)
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 655
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,421
    2-channel
    Yaqin MC-30L, Marantz SA8005, Denon DVD 3900, Sony C69ES CD Changer, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Klipsch KG-4, Monster Cable throughout.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 655
    xsmi wrote: »

    I suspect you have to be a member of the Audiophiles on a Budget facebook group. It works for me.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 1,074
    xschop wrote: »
    Asked a friend to snatch these up if he can....we'll see....

    https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ele/d/mustang-polk-audio-speakers/6860731596.html

    Snatched up by my FIL for a measly $60...
    Can these officially be 'TL'-ed?
    ugrht1qj3c9t.png
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 655
    Polk Audio SDA 1Cs asking $400 with I/C. "Overall great condition for age." No affiliation.
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/greenville-polk-audio-sda-1c-towers/6845617644.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 655
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,365
    id buy that if it was close. 19 hours 1 way is not close
    ...
    ...
    Randy / Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,304
    edited April 20
    I'm one that would have it at home already also. It would be my 3rd.

    I sold my last one about a year ago for 100.00 to help a guy out and regret it for some reason. I guess I know what a GEM it is. ;)

    Short story... :p
    Shortly after I sold that CS350 to help the guy out, a CS1000P came up for sale with some FX300i surrounds and a PSW650 sub for 50.00 more than I sold the other center for. That was last summer I think.

    I JUST bought ANOTHER PSW650 the other day for 50.00. I let it sit on Craig's list for a few days but it never sold. Maybe a week passed and I just knew what a great sub it is, I emailed them. It was a guy who bought something from me and I from him over the past 10 years. It was funny. His wife brought the sub to my cottage's porch in her SUV since she was coming a few blocks away the day after I emailed them. Darn those subs are HEAVY! :s Now it's been in the way and my groin hurt for almost a week but it's ok now. :)

    Thank you Lord! Karma...? Maybe.

    Another short story.
    An old friend told me he bought a set of beautiful Boston speakers at the Habit store for 50.00. He hated to pay that much but he loved their looks. As he was describing them, I remembered a set I had that I sold to a member here years ago, T. Inguyendot.

    I was at my PC when he was describing them and looking for their model number. I told him I think I know and they came in 2 sizes. The M50 or the M60. I hoped he got the bigger ones of what I owned before.

    He said "These are VR-M60".
    plys5oljtm20.png
    yhfa10v6rifc.png

    I told him yup, I had those before. You did? he asked. Yea, the M60s. I asked him if he knew what they cost new. He didn't have a clue.

    I told him 1K to 1200.00. 'WHAT?!" he asked. "Are you kidding me?!. No...I'm not, that's what they were when they were new. He said him and I were always attracted to the finer things in the audio world.

    I agreed. ;) :D

    He just had his 80th birthday last month too. He still looks for the GEMS all the time. It gives him something to do he says. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 7,648
    Nice story Tony! I'm sure you got plenty more! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 662
    edited April 20
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'm one that would have it at home already also. It would be my 3rd.

    I sold my last one about a year ago for 100.00 to help a guy out and regret it for some reason. I guess I know what a GEM it is. ;)

    Short story... :p
    Shortly after I sold that CS350 to help the guy out, a CS1000P came up for sale with some FX300i surrounds and a PSW650 sub for 50.00 more than I sold the other center for. That was last summer I think.

    I JUST bought ANOTHER PSW650 the other day for 50.00. I let it sit on Craig's list for a few days but it never sold. Maybe a week passed and I just knew what a great sub it is, I emailed them. It was a guy who bought something from me and I from him over the past 10 years. It was funny. His wife brought the sub to my cottage's porch in her SUV since she was coming a few blocks away the day after I emailed them. Darn those subs are HEAVY! :s Now it's been in the way and my groin hurt for almost a week but it's ok now. :)

    Thank you Lord! Karma...? Maybe.

    Another short story.
    An old friend told me he bought a set of beautiful Boston speakers at the Habit store for 50.00. He hated to pay that much but he loved their looks. As he was describing them, I remembered a set I had that I sold to a member here years ago, T. Inguyendot.

    I was at my PC when he was describing them and looking for their model number. I told him I think I know and they came in 2 sizes. The M50 or the M60. I hoped he got the bigger ones of what I owned before.

    He said "These are VR-M60".
    plys5oljtm20.png
    yhfa10v6rifc.png

    I told him yup, I had those before. You did? he asked. Yea, the M60s. I asked him if he knew what they cost new. He didn't have a clue.

    I told him 1K to 1200.00. 'WHAT?!" he asked. "Are you kidding me?!. No...I'm not, that's what they were when they were new. He said him and I were always attracted to the finer things in the audio world.

    I agreed. ;) :D

    He just had his 80th birthday last month too. He still looks for the GEMS all the time. It gives him something to do he says. :)

    This is a great story! Don't stop remembering and writing them here. People experiences are so warming. It's funny how certain speakers appeal because of their looks. Those Boston's really have the "look" like a piece of art. I plan to be on the lookout for a pair. (Update: Near mint pair on eBay $350 and others cheaper.)

    Boston1450 said the CS350 is too far away as I know he is in Maine. I have a CS350 that Wessmassguy helped me buy from CL several years ago by convincing the seller to ship; it was in Maine for $85.
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,365
    ^^^^ i didnt see that. Nice score for sure. I have the Cs1000p but id love to add a decent sub with center same size as the Cs350. They are well regarded here.... I got my RTA15tl speakers right here in this thread from Denver Colo. Had them shipped to Maine. Excellent experience as well
    ...
    ...
    Randy / Maine
    SDA-CRS+ 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Stands w/Polk Logo & Spiked nicely
    RTA15TL 198 tweeters. WMG upgraded crossovers.
    Larry's rings. Gloss tops shine. Spiked nicely
    Cs1000p-Yamaha-Parasound-Acurus
    MIT speaker cables-Pangea powercords
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,828
    I had the M-50s and paid 225 for them and sold them for 275 after a few months.

    They are great sounding speakers. I’d own them again for 50 bucks in a heartbeat.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,304
    I'll try to type some more audio related stories here as long as I live I guess.

    I thought about getting another pair of Boston's off of eBay a couple/few of years ago too. I saw some for $200+pr. to $400pr. for the M60s but I never bought any.
    At that time, I had a boat load of audio gear and speakers and sure didn't need to buy anything more valued more than a 100.00 UNLESS it was something I hadn't heard or owned before and a GEM too.

    Back about the same time that I bought my Boston's( Pawn shop), I purchased a pr. of Paradigm Studio 20s...V3 from a GUN and Pawn shop. It's a BIG gun shop and a tiny pawn shop up front. There's always like 5 customers in there with 5 employees helping them. I was amazed at these paradigm's beauty just like the Boston's beauty.
    I went home and researched them and went right back and bought them! Man they were nice sounding too. :p Probably the best sounding bookies I've ever owned.
    ji8uddetnss7.png

    I sold them during the time audio gear reselling prices was bottomed out. I sold my Studio 20s V3 for 180.00. :s Now they're priced around ( none on eBay for 1 pr. only now) ...so back years ago, I saw them for sale at 700.00 pr. I think they were. :'( And right now, I'd say they're worth 700.00 pr. too. ;)

    They are definitely another set I SERIOUSLY regret selling! :'(

    2 beautiful speaker sets sitting in pawn shops across the street from each other at the same time...Crazy good time shopping that week or month! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 655
    I would ship the CS350 to one of you guys if he won't -- at my cost, of course. (Hopefully to someone who had an immediate use rather than hoarding it.)
    I'm frequently several miles from there with clients. Also <1 mile from a UPS regional customer center and <1 mile from a drugstore FedEx office.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,507
    Good looking pair of 3.1TL's, not mine

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/264294241313?ul_noapp=true
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • TennManTennMan Posts: 1,053
    This looks like a pretty good deal if you're in the market for some SDA 1Cs.
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/greenville-pics-upprice-downpolk-audio/6845617644.html
    SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat · Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,316
    TennMan wrote: »
    This looks like a pretty good deal if you're in the market for some SDA 1Cs.
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/greenville-pics-upprice-downpolk-audio/6845617644.html

    Need some love and they appear to be blade/blade.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!