Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Mike,
    No, according to the media he lives in Hiram GA which is about 23 miles west. It is still somewhat rural but growing fast.

I grew up about 40 miles west of Marietta GA.
    Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Polk 2.3TL, no affiliation.
    Says that he is the original owner and has the packing boxes. His price is $799.hqsk39v7mq0m.jpg
    kwamvhcduu83.jpg
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/san-juan-capistrano-polk-audio-srs-23tl/7134821278.html

Great deal here and they look to be in nice condition. I would be all over them if they were on the East Coast (I am in NY) as I have been looking for a pair of 2.3TLs for quite sime time. It seems that any 2.3TLs that pop up for sale lately are on the West Coast. Hope a Western Polkie can grab these.

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    ^^^ I'd live those for the bedroom!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    CH46E wrote: »
    ^^^ I'd live those for the bedroom!
    That’s what I have in the bedroom. Anthem 2 channel pre with Adcom amp and an Onkyo 5 disc cd.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    I continue to think it would pay to buy on the West Coast and sell on the East. Wow.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited June 2020
    I told myself to stop looking at this section..... Why am I looking again ? :)
    Randy/Maine
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Nice pair of CRS’s right here in the FM....just saying...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Found this hoard on CL! Check it out. The SRSs are mighty tempting.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/ele/d/candler-vintage-polk-audio-speakers-for/7128411916.html

no affiliation.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Gardenstater
    $1500 is a price that would pique my interest for those SRS's if I was a little closer. 8 hour drive each way would be a bit much without a stayover. Those 10's look very early.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    That seller is dreaming. No way those would fetch anywhere close to those prices around here.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    $1500 is a price that would pique my interest for those SRS's if I was a little closer. 8 hour drive each way would be a bit much without a stayover. Those 10's look very early.

Rookie.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    DaveHo wrote: »
    That seller is dreaming. No way those would fetch anywhere close to those prices around here.

I agree to a point. Are you in the Asheville area? Seems to be very few audio people these days especially in the South. Hell here in SC I only know of a handful of audio shops in the whole state. Must people buy the big box stores newest thing or pay $$$$ for the newest thing all set up.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Gardenstater
    edited June 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Rookie.

I earned my merit badge when I was 23 and I drove from NJ to Littleton, CO straight through in 33 hours with a cooler full of fried chicken and beer and a pocket full of nodoz.

PS: the beer was for when I got there.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    I earned my merit badge when I was 23 and I drove from NJ to Littleton, CO straight through in 33 hours with a cooler full of fried chicken and beer and a pocket full of nodoz.

PS: the beer was for when I got there.
    Just guessing, but what was her name?

I did something similar from Memphis to New Haven CT when I was in training for the Navy. 22 hours each way for a 4 day weekend. Good times.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    So you remember Millington too, Goat?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    I did something similar from Memphis to New Haven CT when I was in training for the Navy. 22 hours each way for a 4 day weekend. Good times.

Same here. We drove from Millington to Maryland. I flew back. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    So you remember Millington too, Goat?

Many fond memories there. Not long after I graduated "A School" NATTC Millington closed. Aviation schools were transplanted to Pensacola and Millintgon became the on stop shopping for Navy Personnel Command.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • HzTweaker

Think I should offer $800 for the SRSs?
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    HzTweaker wrote: »

Think I should offer $800 for the SRSs?

Yes
  • HzTweaker
    Email has been sent to the seller. I asked if he'd take 7 for em'.
  • HzTweaker

You lowballer you. :)

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to flip them for a small gain if they don't work well in my space. Not to mention the two and a half hour round trip and lunch I'll be buying my buddy who's truck we'll be using to pick them up.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

You lowballer you. :)

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to flip them for a small gain if they don't work well in my space. Not to mention the two and a half hour round trip and lunch I'll be buying my buddy who's truck we'll be using to pick them up.

Buy a couple sets to flip to drive the price down even more for the SRS lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Not sure if these have been posted:
    POLK AUDIO SIGNATURE REFERENCE SRS 3.1TL SPEAKERS IN ORIGINAL BOXES - $549
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/d/spokane-polk-audio-signature-reference/7136368373.html
    No affiliation.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    sgmsmg wrote: »
    Not sure if these have been posted:
    POLK AUDIO SIGNATURE REFERENCE SRS 3.1TL SPEAKERS IN ORIGINAL BOXES - $549
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/d/spokane-polk-audio-signature-reference/7136368373.html
    No affiliation.

Killer Deal in my book, worth every penny.