Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    You need tiny tiny fingers
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited March 2020
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    As far as Ford vs. Chevy goes, I wouldn't buy a Chevy, because I am a Ford man. I also wouldn't buy any other modern (last 15 years) GM or Chrysler products. Or even FoMoCo. None of the big three are even close to what they used to be.

The only new cars I have any real desire to own (obviously I would take a free Chevy or Ford, but I mean one I'd buy) are Italian. I expect them to be unreliable. ;)

Back on topic... Screens in cars are stupid.
    What in the name of stupid does any of this have to do w/stupid drivers?
    The people who on a four-lane (two each way... I can never figure out exactly what that'd be called) road feel the need to pass someone going five under because they want to go 1 mph faster and hold up the entire road.
    I agree - annoying and stupid
    ...people who don't use their gas pedal when accelerating...
    🤪 possible?
    and then fly past me at 15 over once they do get up to speed.
    thats possible and stupid

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    civilian wrote: »
    Speaking of 4 way stops, when you see a car get to the cross street stop way before you but waits until you completely stop before they start moving.

That's me, I have learned to trust anyone. Don't believe turn signals either.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Bulletproof plastic packaging, I am under the impression that these products are just for lookin at.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Bulletproof plastic packaging, I am under the impression that these products are just for lookin at.

Some are even a challenge for better than average scissors.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    As far as Ford vs. Chevy goes, I wouldn't buy a Chevy, because I am a Ford man. I also wouldn't buy any other modern (last 15 years) GM or Chrysler products. Or even FoMoCo. None of the big three are even close to what they used to be.

The only new cars I have any real desire to own (obviously I would take a free Chevy or Ford, but I mean one I'd buy) are Italian. I expect them to be unreliable. ;)

Back on topic... Screens in cars are stupid.
    What in the name of stupid does any of this have to do w/stupid drivers?
    The people who on a four-lane (two each way... I can never figure out exactly what that'd be called) road feel the need to pass someone going five under because they want to go 1 mph faster and hold up the entire road.
    I agree - annoying and stupid
    ...people who don't use their gas pedal when accelerating...
    🤪 possible?
    and then fly past me at 15 over once they do get up to speed.
    thats possible and stupid

Screens in cars doesn't have anything to do with stupid drivers. on the lat page there was a brief discussion of Ford and Chevy, and I finished that out. Then vented about the stupidity of screens built into cars IMO.

and, By Don't use their gas pedal, I mean barely even touch it. :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    steveinaz wrote: »

.. and that's why we have C-4.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I hate virus threads that go on and on and on.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481

And new sharp razor blades.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Willow wrote: »
    I hate virus threads that go on and on and on.

A virus thread that goes viral... :#

I had to chuckle at this thought of mine.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Dear whoever did this I hope you get Coronavirus.

pwcan26g3zl3.jpg
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    That’s your car?! 😳
    Alea jacta est!
  • Nightfall
    Yes. The world could use less people that lack personal responsibility so rona for them.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited April 2020
    Been around any kids kicking a soccer ball?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nah. It was in the parking lot between deliveries. Side mirror pushed in, dent, and some strange white powder on the door.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Did you snort it?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Wouldn’t mind so much if you could find a decent body shop that does quality work... unfortunately, those are few and far between. Shoddy workmanship is rife. They can usually paint reasonably well, but they take shortcuts, forget screws, forget snap-on retainers, forget electrical connections etc. etc.
    Alea jacta est!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Hate my set-up. Crawling behind my rig for a simple cable swap is an exercise in frustration and usually requires a shower afterwards.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2020
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Hate my set-up. Crawling behind my rig for a simple cable swap is an exercise in frustration and usually requires a shower afterwards.
    I so feel your pain. In my case the rack has pads that allow sliding but, between the equipment weight & my tower’s woofer wires that could be about 2’ longer 😬. My most common reason to pull it out, per Outlaw, is to exsert* & insert* all HDMI* connects several times each every 30-45 days.
    Come to think of it they’re about due* an we’re expecting rain all day tomorrow.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Yes. The world could use less people that lack personal responsibility so rona for them.

I would talk to a dent wizard before going to a body shop. One may or may not be able to remove the dent. That route would be better if possible over a respray. Sorry that happened to ya.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2020
    People who don't accept responsibility for their own actions. Always pointing the finger 180 degrees out of phase. Can't stand to be around them, as they whine about how the "world" is always "screwin' me over." Shuddup, man-up, and get some character. They're usually the same people who are negative about EVERYTHING. Negativity is so chknsht, any fool can do it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    charley96 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

I would talk to a dent wizard before going to a body shop. One may or may not be able to remove the dent. That route would be better if possible over a respray. Sorry that happened to ya.

These dent wizards -- are they like Billy Crystal's character in The Princess Bride?

https://youtu.be/7qVlNiAYshQ

Where does one find them (if not at the body shops of our land)? Do you look under Dent or Wizard in the Yellow Pages?

:|

In all seriousness (well, some seriousness), my father had a set of (quite vintage) body and fender tools for just such actions. I didn't really give serious consideration to keeping them when we helped him downsize, though.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    vmaxer wrote: »

Just a pet peeve. Like crab meat also.

Almond Milk, now that should just not exist.

How does one milk an almond anyway?

Same as a soy bean silly
    We have found something non political to argue about.....so here goes:
    Dairy is Scary
  • kevhed72
    In all seriousness, I have found health benefits to cutting out dairy altogether, but to each his own. Pizza with dairy free cheese is just bad!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited April 2020
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    vmaxer wrote: »

Just a pet peeve. Like crab meat also.

Almond Milk, now that should just not exist.

How does one milk an almond anyway?

Same as a soy bean silly
    We have found something non political to argue about.....so here goes:
    Dairy is Scary

I'll let one of my favorite comics explain it (language warning!):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3JK4Qx1rO8

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • kevhed72
    Almond juice it is!
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    I LOVE

Orville Pecks “ Turn to Hate !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vR-4l5M_MQ8

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • steveinaz
    I HATE.....HATE stupid new terms like "claps back"....it makes me want to throat-punch the writer. You work at a news agency (I use the terms loosely); you're not a 13yr old in the back of the school bus.