What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Bud’s system is like the dream setups we saw at Axpona. Kudos Bud.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2020
    Clipdat wrote: »
    $14k for the X1?! Hot damn!

That’s list price. I paid less buying online.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice! Where's the review? :wink:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I've only had it in the system for like 4 days!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The U1 Mini is also on my short list when the time comes. For now, the Aries Mini has made me solidly content.

My next upgrade is on the way...should be here tomorrow afternoon but it may be the weekend before I get to set them up...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited March 2020
    I've only had it in the system for like 4 days!

My Mini took about 200 hrs to reach its potential. You ain’t seen heard nut’n yet!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Drew, didn't you have the same NAP as Joe?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    As for what I did to the rig today, I put in the tubes for the Canary that I got from Brent Jesse and listened to a couple of albums in a row.

Then spent hours perfectly positioning both speakers to the listening chair, leveling them out both sideways and front to back, adding a little bit of equal height to the fronts. This was after measuring precisely where the speakers would be equal distance from side and back walls.

Now my ears are exactly 10 feet, 11-3/16" away from both speakers at the listening position. You really don't know how hard that is until you go to do it.

All measurements and angles done with a 3 way laser pointer and a laser measuring tool. The direction of the tweeter goes right by my ear, to the outside by 2". All measurements double and triple checked.

Then sat down to listen to the rig again. Needless to say, it was all worth the effort. Now, to get back to the stand mods and wrap up the other projects I have going on in the room. Oh, also eliminated all rattles and unwanted noises within the room so all you hear is the music. Nice, uninterrupted, blissful music.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Pulled my Krell out of the rig for it's trip back to the factory. The seller is stepping up and covering EVERYTHING! Color me shocked! The seller is truly stand-up all the way through. I don't know how long it will take to get back, but I figure at least a month, but for the price I paid for it, it should be well worth the wait.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    I bought this simple and unassuming looking Lumin U1 Mini from AudioThesis, and I'm amazed at how much difference a high quality streaming transport can make.

I've never heard Tidal sound this good on my system. Worth every penny.

h6zl8ii0rtrd.jpg

I was quite surprised to see that it plays a cd quality track at real great resolution than some of the hi-rez tracks.... I love mine as well.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,133
    @treitz3 What 3 way laser pointer and laser measuring tool did you use?
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • treitz3
    Network Audio Player. I thought he had the same one as you at one point, no?

Tom
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Way back. We both had the CXN at one point.
    Quite different now
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    doctor r wrote: »
    New Origin Live turntable and second tonearm.
    x6dx4g82zh41.jpeg

Beautiful Table B)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I like it better than mine...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited March 2020
    Another Beauty, the Michell Orbe SE

f9rhxj0z1xy6.png
  • treitz3
    Here are a couple of examples of "fairly decent recordings" sounding like reference songs...

Christopher Cross - Think of Laura

Counting Crows - Perfect Blue Buddings

Air Supply - I want to give it all

The string instruments are out of this world real on the Air Supply song. There is a raspiness that is so realistic as if they are playing that instrument in the room. Almost as if you could hear the individual horse hair variations on the violin bow. Hard to explain....wouldn't even know where to begin but it sounds like they are there in the room playing the instrument before you.

Same album, the song Goodbye. Many aspects could be considered reference. The bass riff should have a plethora of texture and cycling that should be easily heard with no one note bass.

Back to listening...

Tom

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Very nice! Excellent work! My OCD appreciates the symmetry and I am sure there is also the added benefit of having two of them :D
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • treitz3
    Do you notice any drum hits/strikes that are more noticeable in stereo?

Tom
  • treitz3
    Also, when listening, do you pull them out from the wall? The ports are choked when they are up against the wall like that.

Tom
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited March 2020
    I bought this simple and unassuming looking Lumin U1 Mini from AudioThesis, and I'm amazed at how much difference a high quality streaming transport can make.

I've never heard Tidal sound this good on my system. Worth every penny.

h6zl8ii0rtrd.jpg

We need a Polk Audio Forum "Excusive Drew Review"
    I have it connected to my Ruby DAC via an Audioquest Forest USB cable. Would like to try a higher end USB cable with it to hear any differences.

Tidal SQ thru the Mini is very good. I’m impressed.
    Before you finalize that review, try the Mini with a “higher quality” cable. I’ve not heard the AQ Forest, it may be a very fine usb for a sub hundie. I’m currently running a WW Platinum and all I can say is wow.
    That said, I wonder what a Final Touch Audio usb could do for me? I’ve only heard great things about it ...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    It’s all about the symmetry, isn’t it?