Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,054
    President Trump.....we've got this.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,023
    BlueFox wrote: »
    News conference with Trump at 6 PM tonight (2/26) on this subject. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.

Well, that was a non-event. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed everyone was just patting each other on the back.

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 5,094
    News conference with Trump at 6 PM tonight (2/26) on this subject. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.

Well, that was a non-event. Maybe I missed something, but it seemed everyone was just patting each other on the backside....

• KexKex Posts: 4,153
    So it was a fondle fest between dudes then?! 😆
    Alea jacta est!
    Kex wrote: »
    So it was a fondle fest between dudes then?! 😆

What happens in D.C.....
    Such nasty looking backsides, though... Don’t know how they can bring themselves to do it.
    Alea jacta est!
    Such nasty looking backsides, though... Don’t know how they can bring themselves to do it.

Booze? I dunno...lol
    I see we are back to the insults, Mr. Moderator.
    Alea jacta est!
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 818
    F1nut wrote: »
    President Trump.....we've got this.

Predictable, but what else could he say? Total waste of time... maybe it’ll make some people feel better. 🙄

So what did you expect him to say? He said what any President would say, we got this under control.

Oh I guess he should have said, it's time to panic and go clean out the food at your local grocery store.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
    I didn’t listen, but I expected him to say exactly what everyone is saying he said.
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,023
    Personally I would have preferred a bit more honesty. For example, saying that while the current outbreak in the US is minor at some point it will get much worse. The point is to be prepared. For example, I have about three weeks of food and beer, and tomorrow I will get another two weeks. The problem I have is my freezer is almost full.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,110
    Damned if you do damned if you don’t
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,312
    edited February 26
    If one listened to the press conference, they told you where to go to find out about preparedness. Keep in mind....water, gas and electrical operations are a granted. If people are quarantined, how do you expect the workers there to provide their service?

They may not be able too. You doomsday people need to prepare for this and worse.

The fact is, around 50-70 or so people in America have supposedly contracted the virus. We probably have an estimated 350 million people (legally and illegally) residing in the US.

If one does the math, I am quite sure that it is such a dismally small percentage of the population, it won't even register on the scale yet. There is no need for a doomsday scenario. There was really no need for the news conference, other than to show the American people that we've got this.

Numbers don't lie.

Mainstream media does. They want this to be Trump's "Katrina" and our "representatives" are already asking for money (no surprise there). Hell, San Fransisco even called a state of emergency. Give me a F'n break. Hadn't even happened and it may not ever but they are already asking for money. Stupidity at its finest.

Tom
    Post edited by treitz3 on
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    Is the 2.5B set aside as just in case money, or will it get appropriated to use as he sees fit if we don't need it? i.e. a certain wall along the Rio Grande?
    Doomsday scenarios, or panic, are not helpful. Complacency is probably not a great idea either. The number of cases in Italy has exploded far beyond what is happening in France, Germany, Spain or the U.K.

Covid-19 Evacuees Allowed To Leave Travis AFB

Alea jacta est!
    Actually, Tom, that’s not exactly correct. That does not include the cases repatriated from the cruise ship in Japan. There are currently 60 known cases in the U.S.A., but 6 of those have already recovered. No deaths so far.

John Hopkins CSSE Reporting
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,110
    A month in Chicago, No panic,.....just sayin
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
    Considering how many flights happen in the U.S. every day, and how many people share public places like restaurants, stores, schools etc. every day, the impact does seem very modest so far, but the CDC has warned that it will probably get worse.

Only time will tell how much worse.
    Alea jacta est!

Actually, Tom, that’s not exactly correct. That does not include the cases repatriated from the cruise ship in Japan. There are currently 60 known cases in the U.S.A., but 6 of those have already recovered. No deaths so far.
    treitz3 wrote: »
    The fact is, around 50-70 or so people in America have supposedly contracted the virus. We probably have an estimated 350 million people (legally and illegally) residing in the US.

Need to work on the reading comprehension. This is what I said. The 14 is from the article YOU posted.

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

No need to get upset, dude, with the bold type. We are just having a discussion here. It’s not a war.
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,991
    edited February 26
    Personally I would have preferred a bit more honesty. For example, saying that while the current outbreak in the US is minor at some point it will get much worse. The point is to be prepared. For example, I have about three weeks of food and beer, and tomorrow I will get another two weeks. The problem I have is my freezer is almost full.

Dang Bud your Paranoia knows no boundaries, I'm not sure what has happened since your retirement but it's apparent there is something there my friend. At your age you should be more afraid of the flu it has a better/higher probability of taking you out.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,768
    7pxd4qnccstt.jpg

I was one-half block from ^^ UNMC this afternoon. I'm tired and I just sneezed onto my computer monitor while being logged in to this forum. Everyone better check their temps and get your affairs in order tomorrow. :)
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,487
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Dang Bud your Paranoia knows no boundaries, I'm not sure what has happened since your retirement but it's apparent there is something there my friend. At your age you should be more afraid of the flu it has a better/higher probability of taking you out.

Maybe we need to send Bud some tinfoil...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    He’d be happier if we sent him a second freezer, more beer and more groceries! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
    This Report is also interesting.

If you watch the included video, the measures being taken to clean a railway station in South Korea are quite extraordinary. It’s hard to imagine anything like that happening in the U.S.A.
    Alea jacta est!
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dang Bud your Paranoia knows no boundaries...
    Bud was very seriously ill recently, IIRC. Maybe that has warranted some additional concerns in his case.
    Alea jacta est!
    WARNING!!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

This is an important public service announcement!

It has been discovered that CoViD 19 is now being spread through currency. I have devised a comprehensive test. Send me your paper currency (coins are not carriers of this virus, unless they predate 1910 and are in mint condition) and I will personally test them all for free. I will immediately burn the exposed samples and return the clean ones. No charge.

Will offer a 10% discount on return shipping for friends and family of the Polk Community. Spread the word...

Tom

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!