Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited February 2020
    Yes, but if they embrace Microsoft Azure, and Office 365 with two factor authentication, all of that goes away!
    • I no longer have to change my password every 90 days.
    • I can use pass phrases like “Club Polk Rulz”
    • I can authenticate, with the Microsoft Authenticator App, by just clicking “Accept” on my iPhone or Apple Watch, and login continues normally.

P.S. I used to have to spend about an hour in chat sessions on Skype for Business with Tech Support in Europe or India (working outside of East Coast hours) to resolve password update failures because of VPN server synchronization issues.

I used to hate Microsoft with a vengeance... but now I tolerate them just a little bit!
    Alea jacta est!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2020
    That **** used to drive me crazy at my last job. They had about 14 apps that all changed their password every 30 days, some every 3 days. Same rules as above and half the time, you would have to log into Apple and reset that password with the same rules (could not use previous) just to change the password on the other apps. Sometimes on every device!!! ARGH!

One of the main reasons I left that job. just got tired of the BS. Right before I left, they had one app (Not Microsoft) that handled most of them but it still drove me F'n bonkers. At work, I just want to get **** done so I can live life. Not battle the stupid azz password game. If I wanted to waste my time, I'd watch the grass grow.

That **** was annoying (to me) as people who drive 10 under in the fast lane. (Rant off)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BinKY188_5
    BinKY188_5 Posts: 128
    edited February 2020
    CH46E wrote: »
    I know your pain Kex. At work we now have to use 16 digit passwords with at least a 2 upper case, 2 lower case, 2 special characters, 2 numerical digits. Its ridiculous. Oh and no words from the dictionary.

CH46E, I know your pain. I have a few accounts (probably the same ones you have from your line of work) that require the same thing.

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2020
    Fat chance the Gov will allow MS to implement any of those system on thier main frame. Luckily most of our newer systems can be accessed by a 8 digit pin number with the rf chip in our ID cards. But the older systems now use a 16 digit password that has to be changed 90 days.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That **** used to drive me crazy at my last job. They had about 14 apps that all changed their password every 30 days, some every 3 days. Same rules as above and half the time, you would have to log into Apple and reset that password with the same rules (could not use previous) just to change the password on the other apps. Sometimes on every device!!! ARGH!

One of the main reasons I left that job. just got tired of the BS. Right before I left, they had one app (Not Microsoft) that handled most of them but it still drove me F'n bonkers. At work, I just want to get **** done so I can live life. Not battle the stupid azz password game. If I wanted to waste my time, I'd watch the grass grow.

That **** was annoying (to me) as people who drive 10 under in the fast lane. (Rant off)

Tom

5b6p6musu3ib.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Next show in 10 minutes. Hope you enjoyed the show...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,923
    2FA doesn't work well here :p
    My spare-time grad school prof job makes me use 2FA for the University's various apps and services... fortunately, I only have to re-log-in with the code monthly. On those days, if I am at home, I have to request the code, then either go outside and stand in a certain place with cell phone, or very carefully balance the cell phone on a window frame in one room of the house... and wait.

I do love technology.

I love it even more in the for-profit milieu. I was fascinated by applications that made it hard for me to do my job. I really couldn't "get" why the folks who
    payed my salary (which was... umm... not inconsiderable) chose to do that. In retrospect, I suppose I really should've embraced my inner Dilbert, or Wally, more to the point.

glsk04nx8hl5.png

https://dilbert.com/strip/1993-10-17
  • Kex
    My good fellow @mhardy6647, if you have to go through such contortions to acquire your TFA authorization at your place of residence, then either (a) your phone does not have WiFi calling capability, or (b) your carrier does not allow WiFi calling.

Our own residence, and my office, are in the shadow of the Angeles National Forest. Therefore (because of the mountainous terrain), cell signal on all of the main carriers is very weak. However, once my phone connects to WiFi, it acts as though it had five bars of LTE.

Furthermore, many set up TFA to require a code that is received over SMS. This is not the best way to do it. It is far more efficient to use the Authenticator application from Microsoft. When this is used, instead of having to enter a code to satisfy the whims and vagaries of TFA, only a tap on the “Accept” button is required (even on the lock screen) = no pesky transcription of nefarious digits!

May I suggest that you investigate the possibility of using WiFi for your phone, and the Authenticator application (if you are not already doing so), in order that a learned gentleman of your lofty stature in society should not be left lurking in the dark confines of the 1990’s.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Bad-drivers-02_04_20-GIF-02-bag_prt2b.gif?w=310

^^^ Lyric from a seldom heard verse of the great garage rock classic Hey Joe.

:#

• mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Bad-drivers-02_04_20-GIF-02-bag_prt2b.gif?w=310

^^^ Lyric from a seldom heard verse of the great garage rock classic Hey Joe.

:#

Meanwhile, up on a shelf -- not a .38 Special, but...

ir85jutbakvr.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited February 2020
    I guess in California that is considered a "approved" container
    Lol
  • Kex
    edited February 2020
    Hey now! Quit with the California bashing! 😠 😉

(Besides: it’s raining 🌧 ... it doesn’t rain in California).
    Alea jacta est!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I guess in California that is considered a "approved" container
    Lol

Heck no. That's a plastic bag. Hope she dont have some plastic straw too. CA going to lock her butt up.
  • mhardy6647
    Oh, yeah, that's right! Needs to be paper, or - of course -a tote is always in good taste.
  • Hopefully she dumped the empty bag on Moonbeam's ranch.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    zxy3z222somj.jpg

quick fill gas
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited February 2020
    NotaSuv wrote: »

quick fill gas

He's taking a baby elephant back to the zoo and it is trying to escape.

EDIT: I figured I might be able to find that exact location on Google Maps. :p

roneuwiwme0u.jpg
    Post edited by Viking64 on
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I filled up today and the damn thing didnt shut off! Gas went all over my car and the ground. Pissed!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2020
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    zxy3z222somj.jpg

As opposed to "DeAIR Police"
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    dct2jqd0dzaq.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    ^^^^he’s cocked and loaded for the wet t-shirt festival
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    flga5qjcrcs3.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Ha! That's great!