Showcase your setups

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    @joecoulson would be curious for you to try reflecting them off the back wall
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • joecoulson wrote: »

ypfr82kherfr.jpeg
    t9pqo18s3imi.jpeg

Nice job! I have a fish tank in my background too. I have the pump system on a light switch so I can turn off the gurgling sound when doing critical listening though. Fish give me dirty looks initially but I think they really enjoy the music in the long run...
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps
  • vcwatkins wrote: »
    Stripped down den rig - no Joule or turntable, sniff.

9bq6866u346p.png

Still very nice! My eyes are drawn to the big SDA's (and the booze)
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    VR3 wrote: »
    @joecoulson would be curious for you to try reflecting them off the back wall
    I have not. But at this point w them hanging over the tank, I’m just gonna leave them. They basically point right at the ears with the current configuration.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    joecoulson wrote: »
    So, @Mike Reeter inspired me to post an update. We got some new carpet, and with that decided to do away with the full bookcase behind the couch.
    Made a new base cabinet hutch to hold The tank and store records and whatnot.
    With that; I had to put the surrounds into the ceiling. Much cleaner look we think. And the sound is better as the speakers are an upgrade over the old bookies that were back there. More room to breath for all this gear.

ypfr82kherfr.jpeg
    t9pqo18s3imi.jpeg
    62hqkhjvijda.jpeg

Killer Audio/Video in a Relaxed, yet Elegant setting. You and your wife have very good taste in Decor!

• joecoulson
    Thanks Mike. You too!!
  • joecoulson
    Skip - ever the romantic ;)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
  • joecoulson
    Se
    I use Siri most times and am terrible about proofreading
    My apologies Ben Stein
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2019
    t9pqo18s3imi.jpeg
    Nice space! I so hope for you that the BIG BAD Adante center channel finds a home in your beautiful space. A full Adante front would be killer! Those towers are massive!

I'll just leave this 65lbs brute here to egg you on! LOL!
    IMG_0536.jpg

Even on sale this BIG bad boy still costs a chunck of change...
    https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers/ELAC-Adante-AC-61-Center-Channel-Speaker
    https://reverb.com/item/29264564-elac-adante-ac-61-center-channel-speaker-black-open-box?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7MvCrZaI5gIViMBkCh1B2QCuEAQYASABEgLLf_D_BwE&merchant_id=106591292&pla=1&utm_campaign=6445914859&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • joecoulson
    It is on my wishlist. But unfortunately not in the cards for me as it would require a major overhaul of the center rack. Which presents nice symmetry with the setup. It’s a beast and would make EVERYTHING move off to the side. Not worth it. The Def Tech CLR is no slouch and serves very well in that spot.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Not a setup per say (although there is a Sonos in there) but had to show this one off. Custom built ins in the dining room.

3hbex9spkj4u.jpeg
    3ob8u4lx2r7n.jpeg

Very nice Joe! If you were a bit closer I would hire your company to do some cabinetry/shelving around the house!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    Thanks Dave - you know I would take good care of you and M!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Get in line @verb ! :p
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    It is on my wishlist. But unfortunately not in the cards for me as it would require a major overhaul of the center rack. Which presents nice symmetry with the setup. It’s a beast and would make EVERYTHING move off to the side. Not worth it. The Def Tech CLR is no slouch and serves very well in that spot.
    I hear you... much of the time the space dictates whats possible. Def tech does make some interesting products. I had my eye on some Mythos stuff for sale locally but backed out. Just not going to be happy until I make some speakers for myself. So, hopefully I'll have some big 50" tall monsters (Like your Adantes) with open back mids in the room at some point. Then there are subs...still deciding between two sealed 15's or two sealed or ported 12's.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • joecoulson
    I LIKE it!
    very cool listening space
  • Thanks. It small,(9x13x8)but it's mine.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    The tape on the floor give it a lot of audiophile cred. Looks good.
  • Thanks maxward!
  • TEAforONE wrote: »
    qj3djb7u42m6.jpeg

Here's a quick pic of my little system.

Those look like some robust stands. Any info on them?
  • They're Pangea DS400's. Very stable. I haven't filled them. Yet.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Why such small speakers for the system? There is plenty of room for larger speakers.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Those are Graham Chartwell LS3/5's. I rotate two other pairs in the system. Nola Boxer 2's,and Hornshoppe Great Horned Heils. Both are larger,however I find something truly magical with those little guys. They're like crack!!
  • joecoulson
    Zach, I can attest to the Parasound P6’s integration into a hybrid. Beautiful bass control of you use a sub.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited December 2019
    I dont like that I can no longer click on people's pics to enlarge them. Guess that came with the new update??? Now I have to get my glasses on.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Why such small speakers for the system? There is plenty of room for larger speakers.

Why such big speakers?

9x13 is pretty small. Easy for the bass to get out of control and the sound in general to become congested. Small speakers are perfect.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk