Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,340
    Yes I was just posting the pictures to Drew's comment.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,484
    That vertical VAC integrated is the pinnacle of audiophile design and quality. Lust-worthy.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,484
    avwkk5g61x9t.jpg

hx4vzdr8t42f.jpg

fl47gfqmqj43.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,797
    Roommates bike.

0fqpx27uihr1.jpg
    onujbsnegr3j.jpg
    jwwy6y457rsh.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,033
    Can I make a suggestion?
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,186
    Building the counters......elaborate por favor.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,803
    They appear to be epoxy coated.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 17,017
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion?

You can..... but it’s already basically done lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    edited November 2019
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Building the counters......elaborate por favor.

The old ones were your normal Home Depot Builder grade.

We took those out, made our own templates and then built them out of MDF with 3/4 top and then strips underneath to provide a 1.5” lip. Then measure and cut the sink out.

Wife then prepped and epoxied them, and then we installed them, and the sink...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Was just going to say, where you doubled in material on the edge for thickness, if you use Bondo for automotive, you will be able to get a great edge like the top surface. Otherwise over time it will start to separate. We build hundreds of MDF tops every year and use this all the time and MDF does not do well with any sort of paint on the ends without help.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    Was just going to say, where you doubled in material on the edge for thickness, if you use Bondo for automotive, you will be able to get a great edge like the top surface. Otherwise over time it will start to separate. We build hundreds of MDF tops every year and use this all the time and MDF does not do well with any sort of paint on the ends without help.

Good to know, lol.... Bit late in the game unfortunately lol...

Does it make a difference if we used epoxy over primer?

She ran the epoxy down the edges not just over the top.
    Epoxy will help hold it together on the ends, however expect over time for the ends of the top to expand. Just humidity will do it.
    Looks great though.
    edited November 2019
    Epoxy will help hold it together on the ends, however expect over time for the ends of the top to expand. Just humidity will do it.
    Looks great though.

Gotcha. We let it drip over all the sides and the 1.5 reveal is over the entire border, not just the front. This is also a short term solution.

We still want solid stone, just not where we can afford it right now lol....
    Not bad for a Computer nerd... >:)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
    aiwub40fz5dd.jpeg
    The maiden voyage has begun...
    First wall has been framed in what I am predicting to be a 2 year project.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,948
    aiwub40fz5dd.jpeg

2 year project? What's the hurry? :D
    la2vegas wrote: »
    aiwub40fz5dd.jpeg

2 year project? What's the hurry? :D

There isn’t one, until my wife decides she wants it done.
    If I didn’t have kids, more time would be devoted to the cause. Unfortunately, the little, uh, loves of my life, consume any free time that I stumble upon. Thus, a prediction of 2 years. Could be less, but could also be WAY more.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 24,112
    You can come up and do mine when you're finished ;)

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    You can come up and do mine when you're finished ;)
    Too much snow...
    edited December 2019
    Not bad for a Computer nerd... >:)

Hey.... shut it mASShole
  • 718odjvimgrq.jpeg
    Blade Runner 2049 4K Ultra HD. Picked up a Sony 4K UHD Blu-ray player UBP-X700. Performs flawlessly! Really nice 4K player for under buck fifty.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,948
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Muchieman wrote: »
    erch02dsewd5.jpg

cachqvc92u6r.jpeg

:p

I know the feeling. :/
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    I think most of us have been guilty of that before, myself included.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• Rick88 wrote: »
    erch02dsewd5.jpg

cachqvc92u6r.jpeg

Rick88 wrote: »
    erch02dsewd5.jpg

cachqvc92u6r.jpeg

lolo, I got home late last night from my Son’s home. I moved everything over to that audio rack. So that’s why there’s a rats nest behind my audio rack. I have some speaker cables coming in from Amazon. LCR speaker cable’s, Mediabridge 12AWG with the gold plated Bananas. That’s why I left the cable’s like that should be in by Wednesday of next week.