Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    mrbiron wrote: »
    ebg5an1olswj.jpeg

I finished! Kind of...
    Built the upper, lower, and installed traditional shiplap. Painted the walls today. Just need hooks. Then I start framing for my 1,200sqft basement. Yay!

Nice! The "Frogtape" really makes it pop.

;)

No, in all seriousness -- looks fantastic! Deserving of a better class of mud than are most folks' mudrooms.
    I am envious.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    20191104130341_Review_AudioQuest_Niagara_1200_Intern.jpeg

Wow. This thing works.

Amazing.

I'm curious how the EMI meter reads the before and after with your new toy! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    rgnzc36xadap.jpg

My son's African mantis having lunch .
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    ebg5an1olswj.jpeg

I finished! Kind of...
    Built the upper, lower, and installed traditional shiplap. Painted the walls today. Just need hooks. Then I start framing for my 1,200sqft basement. Yay!

Great job - close to the kind of stuff we do
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    verb wrote: »
    I'm curious how the EMI meter reads the before and after with your new toy! :smile:

Well, measurements aren't everything apparently.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

Tell that to my ex-wife. :'(
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019

EDIT:
    1) this is not a response to any of the previous posts (not even @Viking64's) :p
    2) the image might make a good badge*; @hermitism?

(we'll see how Vanilla feels about the word p-u-ss. None too sanguine, I suspect.)

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Kool picture done entirely with matchbooks! u2s5sr9zsae3.jpeg
    ksu1x4vg1ray.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    ksu1x4vg1ray.jpeg
    Neat-o.

Whoever made that should display it with a copy of the cover art from Pete Townshend & Ronnie Lane's album, Rough Mix -- the cover of which was a montage of cigarette cards from the England of days gone by. :)

x7cc6ezh9bep.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    ksu1x4vg1ray.jpeg
    Neat-o.

Whoever made that should display it with a copy of the cover art from Pete Townshend & Ronnie Lane's album, Rough Mix -- the cover of which was a montage of cigarette cards from the England of days gone by. :)

x7cc6ezh9bep.png

Don't remember cigarette cards in England - maybe were before I started the evil habit. I think a lot of the cards on the Rough Mix cover are "tea cards", which came in, errr, packets of tea. Trading cards came with other things as well like bubble gum and various sweets (candy).

The other theme on this cover is that the "Rough Mix" title in the top left hand corner is in pretty much the same font as Rizla rolling papers, and the yellow area the same shape as the pack.
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
    All I can say (bein' a Yank and all) is that I remember a reference to the cover's being a collage of "cigarette cards" in a contemporary review (which I am still seeking in the annals of https://www.americanradiohistory.com/index.htm :p).

I did find this -- but it's a modern reference and can't really be fact-checked for accuracy :p

https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/clapton-eric/pete-townshend-and-ronnie-lane-unsurpassed-masters-rough-mixes-audiofon-af19/
    The covers are rather splendid – featuring the original, unadorned U.K. sleeve featuring various vintage cigarette cards of the kind that might be framed & displayed in a local hostelry. With Audiofon’s newly used casual font adorning the track listing on the back along with the familial picture of Pete & Ronnie sat back to back on a tree stump – this also appears in a larger size in the case back. Liner notes are amended & uncredited from the excellent Lostgrooves blog adding a small addendum at the end for the specific details of this disk. The only gripe would be the spelling of the ‘Stones drummers name – Who is ‘Charly Watts’?

I also note a reference to cigarette cards in Tom Robinson's song 1967 (So Long Ago) as performed on The Secret Policeman's Ball (The Music) -- an album dating from about the same era as Rough Mix and also featuring a trio of absolutely superb, gossamer Pete Townshend acoustic performances.

https://youtu.be/eplo-8F1el8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_card

Oh, and... finally... Rough Mix is a magnificent album, in a way that one would never have expected from Big T (unless one were very familiar with his other early solo work and the influence of Meher Baba in his life, especially in those days). It sounds really good, too.
    Post edited by mhardy6647 on
  • OleBoot
    Don't break your fingers Googling - it is very likely to be my memory, And yes, Rough Mix is an excellent album - one of my favourites. I think it may be one of the few albums I have on vinyl, cassette and CD!
  • OleBoot
    So I did the Googling. Turns out that British cigarette cards died out after WWII, which is why I don't remember them. Looking at the age of some of the images, they probably are pre-war cigarette cards. I guess I just grew up knowing those little cards as tea cards.

cigarettecards.co.uk/intro.htm
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
    Each to his own tea, I suppose... à la The Rutles. :p

awfuhcq6lbbs.png

OleBoot wrote: »
    So I did the Googling. Turns out that British cigarette cards died out after WWII, which is why I don't remember them...

... and that must be why I remember it, then?

;)

• mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    One would think that I was employed at the Indian Hills Community Center. :o
  • mhardy6647
    I didn't see any pug puns during my meticulous research, unfortunately.

and, from other, darker corners of the internet. Here's a bad holiday gift idea.

bmbm3qjdofrf.png

https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Mighty+Carving+Knife/207016

https://youtu.be/PMpskUKFvik
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    One would think that I was employed at the Indian Hills Community Center. :o

You certainly have the qualifications! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ I think that the chainsaw carving knife would be a dandy accompaniment to that main course.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    joecoulson wrote: »
    ebg5an1olswj.jpeg

I finished! Kind of...

You have my attention. ;)
    Pictures man...PiCtUrEs!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • verb

Interesting, but not totally unexpected! :smile:
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    I’m fairly confident that the text part of that album cover is inspired by the historic RIZ•LA+ cigarette paper packets (for rolling your own). They don’t look the same now, but I’ve seen a few packets on old posters in Parisian cafés...

k33rud3xyfcl.jpeg

There’s some history of the brand from their own website HERE. If you scroll down, you’ll see the characteristic sloping upper case letters, and some also had that striped background.

Stick that in your repertoire of album décor lore, FWIW! There’s not much hope of verifying the accuracy of my suggestion without spending more time researching that I am willing to sacrifice to the endeavor.
    Alea jacta est!
  • OleBoot
    Kex wrote: »
    I’m fairly confident that the text part of that album cover is inspired by the historic RIZ•LA+ cigarette paper packets (for rolling your own). They don’t look the same now, but I’ve seen a few packets on old posters in Parisian cafés...

k33rud3xyfcl.jpeg

There’s some history of the brand from their own website HERE. If you scroll down, you’ll see the characteristic sloping upper case letters, and some also had that striped background.

Stick that in your repertoire of album décor lore, FWIW! There’s not much hope of verifying the accuracy of my suggestion without spending more time researching that I am willing to sacrifice to the endeavor.

Deja Vu.
  • OleBoot
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    e2cukirgitjh.jpeg

Why does this joke require a Chinese man?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    joecoulson wrote: »
    ebg5an1olswj.jpeg

I finished! Kind of...

You have my attention. ;)
    Pictures man...PiCtUrEs!

vhkf7gz4nl08.jpeg
    535d8bgj2uo2.jpeg
    ov37girxgc6w.jpeg