New TOOL

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    The ones with AG sig were selling for $500 at the show, it was a small hand full, I have an unsigned headed my way, I will post a pic side by side when I get it..
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    The ones with AG sig were selling for $500 at the show, it was a small hand full, I have an unsigned headed my way, I will post a pic side by side when I get it..

Well Larry you are a big time Toolfan! :smile: Congrats!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,583
    New special edition CD back up for sale on Amazon. Peace. Dtx01d32fy32g.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • verb
    Philadelphia Poster!
    zk0h0spzlt0w.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Tonight's Poster! Freaky just got a bit more freakier! :smile:
    k2r7l0p16dup.png
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2019
    verb wrote: »
    k2r7l0p16dup.png

Reminds me of the Chicago poster

mm1dopb3qgf5.jpeg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    How much are you guys paying for these? My San Bernardino poster goes for $400+ you guys aren't paying that for each one of these?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • halo
    edited November 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How much are you guys paying for these? My San Bernardino poster goes for $400+ you guys aren't paying that for each one of these?

The signed poster I got at the show in Chicago was $300. I got two additional posters; one from the show in Milwaukee, WI. on October 31st for $75 and one from a show in Sydney, Australia from ‘07 for $45

dp5kbs4dtho1.jpeg
    03bqfsefloey.jpeg

I cannot afford insane markup prices on the posters from this tour that I like quite a bit.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Nightfall
    What are the insane markup prices?

• halo
    edited November 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What are the insane markup prices?

$400, $700, $1700

Heck, I won't even entertain paying $200 for a poster (unsigned, of course). The price for the signed poster at the United Center was a SHOCK to me but, I was in line for a signed poster and, I got the first one at that stand so I just kind of went with it. It was that or nothing. It's the only signed poster that I own.

An unsigned poster at a show is $45. Signed, depending on the venue, are $175 - $300.

Paying $499 for a $45 poster is a bit crazy. YMMV.
  • Toolfan66
    edited November 2019
    halo wrote: »
    k2r7l0p16dup.png

Reminds me of the Chicago poster

mm1dopb3qgf5.jpeg

Same artist.. Miles Johnston
  • Toolfan66
    4qbodu56hj7q.jpeg

I have been offered $2500 for this print..

Depending on the poster and or artist I spend between 150-300 for a print..

A lot of my prints I can sell for double or more right now.

An EMEK or Alex Grey goes up in value fairly quick, especially if it’s a Tool, NIN, or Pearl Jam print, you think the Tool posters are crazy look into Pearl Jam Eddie Vedder prints, they are insanely expensive..
  • Toolfan66
    edited November 2019
    A lot of these posters unsigned have came down to where they are more reasonable and where they should be at this point really, the signed ones will always be of more value, especially since they sold for $225-$300 from the beginning, add Alex Gray’s name to one and you have a gem to hang onto if you were lucky to go to that show and score a print..

I would love to have a poster from every show from this tour but that be hella expensive when there are 4-5 shows a week.. LOL!!
  • verb
    Tonight's Poster! Cool! :smile:
    5871b10lwm9p.png
  • verb
    Well some drama in Tool poster land! Apparently the Brooklyn posters were lost in shipping! Lots of folks waiting in line, only to be devastated! Here's an image. Pretty cool, if you ever get one!
    41nbch7sbelg.png
  • Nightfall

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    more like the mob hijacked the truck....rackets ya know.
  • Nightfall
    Well some drama in Tool poster land! Apparently the Brooklyn posters were lost in shipping! Lots of folks waiting in line, only to be devastated! Here's an image. Pretty cool, if you ever get one!
    41nbch7sbelg.png

That one is awesome.

• verb
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    A lot of these posters unsigned have came down to where they are more reasonable and where they should be at this point really, the signed ones will always be of more value, especially since they sold for $225-$300 from the beginning, add Alex Gray’s name to one and you have a gem to hang onto if you were lucky to go to that show and score a print..

I would love to have a poster from every show from this tour but that be hella expensive when there are 4-5 shows a week.. LOL!!

I'm glad I was able to get a poster from Detroit! Aftermarket of course, but now they're selling for a bit less than what I paid for it! :smile: Well, actually quite a bit less!
  • Nightfall

• pitdogg2
    That is pretty cool Josh
  • bbeacham
    bbeacham Posts: 141
    All this Tool talk caused me to load the Tool playlist, and I will listen to them for an hour or so. While I like the music, I wouldn’t pay for a poster. :)
  • halo
    bbeacham wrote: »
    All this Tool talk caused me to load the Tool playlist, and I will listen to them for an hour or so. While I like the music, I wouldn’t pay for a poster. :)

That’s cool. To each his or her own. While the posters are related to the band(s) one could argue that they are art as well or entirely on their own.
  • pitdogg2
    Totally agree Victor.
  • verb
    It's all about collecting. Yeah, I paid more than the initial price, but would I stand in line for 3 hours or more just to be able to snag a poster? Nope. I will gladly pay someone else to do that. There is a limit, however, that I will pay for that service.

Another thing is my connection to the pieces that I seek. Yep the Detroit poster is one that I can say, I was there! My 10,000 days poster I can say the same thing. The other posters however, as fantastic as they are, would be great to display in my man cave, but again, no connection, other than my appreciation for the artwork. So my threshold as to how much I would pay is not the same, I would say a bit lower.

Vic, the other posters you got recently I am totally on board, the price was right! :smile:
  • halo
    Vic, the other posters you got recently I am totally on board, the price was right! :smile:

Thanks Dave! :)
  • verb
    Tonight's poster from Washington DC!
    v4a6cy2c1oo9.png
    Better lighting brings out some colors!
    et1lr1gcdeqg.png
  • verb
    Raleigh NC from last night! :smile:
    a3hmkvdsbcu6.png
  • pitdogg2
    Tonight's poster from Washington DC!
    v4a6cy2c1oo9.png
    Better lighting Acid brings out some colors!
    et1lr1gcdeqg.png

fixed it