Found this odd, disturbing and at the same time sad....

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    It was banned, but taken off the dirty word list.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited October 2019
    K_M wrote: »
    So Just recently saw I have 207 "lol's".....Reviewed though them quickly and found 95% or more are from F1nut?

Consider yourself lucky! I try to make him laugh and all I get are dirty looks... And it's not like everyone's picking on you. Everyone's picking on everyone. It's just more fun when people take it literal
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I know lots of Richard's. Why would that be banned?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2019
    Seems like a lot of word have made their way off the naughty list.....this forum might be heading somewhere after all!!!!!
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @K_M you PM'd me a long time ago just to start some crap. Why don't you just go away?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Jstas wrote: »
    Y'all need Jesus...or a hobby....or Lightman or something.

Imma go finish my double of Henry McKenna 10 year and let my steak dinner digest while I unpack the L200's.

Been a long weekend at homestead and I hurt but y'all are entertaining, at least!

Hello?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Early on in my stay here, Jesse and I got into it about something or other (power supply capacitors maybe) heII I can’t even remember. Anyway, we did something that’s almost unheard of on Internet forums - we started a PM conversation, worked out our differences, and even realized we had a few things in common.

One thing I’ve realized in life - you’ll learn a lot more from people that disagree with you, than you will from those that agree with you.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    daddyjt wrote: »
    One thing I’ve realized in life - you’ll learn a lot more from people that disagree with you, than you will from those that agree with you.

True but there are exceptions ;)

• F1nut
    edited October 2019
    It would be interesting to have an anonymous poll to see how many members K_M has contacted via PM trying to stir up crap against me. I'm guessing......oh, let's say 95%.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    F1nut wrote: »
    It would be interesting to have an anonymous poll to see how many members K_M has contacted via PM trying to stir up crap against me. I'm guessing......oh, let's say 95%.
    Better yet, given the extraordinary generosity and compassion this forum is known for, perhaps we can start a GoFundme campaign to raise the funds she desperately needs to get psychological help ... it’s the least we could do to help a fellow polkie.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308

Good clap back.
    If only that kind of comment wasn’t received well by all. 😉
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

What speakers go good with internet stalking?

I believe that would be Bose...

Hey now! That's my bread and butter Ivan
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited October 2019

I have contacted several people via PM, since doing it openly in the forum would be rude.

I have asked, if you were always a troll, or were doing this just to me. Eventually I realized you do this to a few people at a time over the years, and found from some of your friends on here, the reasons why.

So no big deal I PM People. THat is what PM is for, to discuss things that do not need to be discussed openly.

And on the other hand, several, including some of the guys you are friends with, have openly Pmed me first, trying to explain that you act like a total jerk online, but are somewhat tolerable in real life.

None of this stuff is deep secrets, but I think just stuff many do not want to say openly in the forum, to reduce bickering and so on.

And yes LITERALLY 17 People did PM me, not out to GET YOU, but wondering what your problem is, and why you are ruining a corporate owned audio forum and similar comments.
    Many were only a couple sentences, and most were of the type of.."He has issues, I simply ignore him, you should also, he is the forum jerk" and stuff similar to that.

Some refer to you as Jesse the Jerk.

Happy now to know what is said?
  • K_M
    I would be HAPPY to let this thread die right now....

But someone will feel the need to keep replying after this..

LET THE THREAD DIE NOW PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Early on in my stay here, Jesse and I got into it about something or other (power supply capacitors maybe) heII I can’t even remember. Anyway, we did something that’s almost unheard of on Internet forums - we started a PM conversation, worked out our differences, and even realized we had a few things in common.

Nailed it, and same for me.

And you do need help Kelly, don’t start something you are not willing to finish.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Jstas wrote: »
    Y'all need Jesus...or a hobby....or Lightman or something.

Imma go finish my double of Henry McKenna 10 year and let my steak dinner digest while I unpack the L200's.

Been a long weekend at homestead and I hurt but y'all are entertaining, at least!

Hello?

https://youtu.be/PDZcqBgCS74
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • K_M
    joecoulson wrote: »

Nailed it, and same for me.

And you do need help Kelly, don’t start something you are not willing to finish.

To be a bit more correct, I am not the one that STARTED anything.

F1nut did, as soon as I became a member of the forum.
    I am simply calling out his crap openly now.

Keep defending him if you wish, but get the story straight at least.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Your Canadian is showing.

That there is disrespectful 1000%
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I would be HAPPY to let this thread die right now....

But someone will feel the need to keep replying after this..

LET THE THREAD DIE NOW PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You still here?
  • shawn474
    Here I go disappointing myself again by posting in this thread. Take your own advice - let this thread die and stop feeling the need to try to convince everyone else to follow your agenda. You seem hellbent in getting the last word. Rest well knowing that you have 17 PM’s from people who support you and hate Jesse. That’s enough isn’t it?
    Shawn
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

This will be my last post as I agree with Kelly to let this die and please do not take it to other threads.

Kelly if you could use and see the way back machine, you'd see many of the higher up folks from Polk and the banter they had with each and every one of the older members who started this forum. When I came here approximately 10 or 11 yrs ago I could search old threads and if you think it is out of bounds now then your eyeballs would fall out of your sockets to see some of the old post that were quite common. Matt, Al and many other employees posted often. There were great posts from Mr. George G. (R.I.P.)from New Jersey that were sharp to the point and hilarious at the same time. The forum is much more watered down and PC correct from those days and yes some of the most crazy post were from Polk employees at the time. Those days it was more of an outlet to blow off steam and have fun at the same time as the internet was in its infancy at the time.

Just my .02
    I never came here to try and change anything just laughs and good times which seems hard for people to do nowadays.

• F1nut
    edited October 2019
    If K_M saw what people say about her/him their mind would explode.

In the meantime, K_M feel free to fill this out.

doxrlbivx45j.jpg

President of Club Polk

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited October 2019

doxrlbivx45j.jpg

Why more gasoline? This is not helping your side of the story. You should let this thread die too........
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited October 2019

Golden Rule applies here as well.... Don't mess with F or the Chi will fade around here. What's left of it.

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited October 2019

Did YOU not start this very thread attacking him? Seems you did start this, and it was uncalled for. One thing you need to understand is that when you come in here making baseless claims, making up numbers without knowing where you got them from and stating your opinion as fact, and claiming thouse that have actual experience are full of it, you will not get very far before someone will call you on it. I know for a fact that I have tried to help you understand, Jesse has, DK has... that list is long and distinguished.

You choose not to accept anything we say and instead cling bitterly to your beliefs. An example would be the upgrades that many here have done to their speakers. You don’t see the value of it and think much of what we do was simply pulled from thin air. It may surprise you to learn that none other than Matt Polk himself suggested these upgrades. To claim that we don’t know what we are talking about in that regard flies in the face of the work done by the very man that started the company.

As I recall, someone from Polk Audio even chimed in to explain it to you and you blew that off as well. After a time, it becomes pointless to try and explain things to someone that is unwilling to listen. There are perhaps hundreds of posts where members are trying to explain things to you and you always resort to your own beliefs rather than the facts presented to you. This leads to a great deal of exasperation for many of us.

Another point you do not get is that this is a family. I have only met a dozen or so people from this forum, but they are all brothers and sisters... even you! If I were to learn you were in need, I might even encourage others to help me in assisting you to easy your burden. I have zero doubt Jesse would do the same, as well as a number of others. We don’t hate you K_M, we don’t even dislike you. We just want you to stop making claims about things you don’t understand or disparaging things you don’t like because of your own biases or personal tastes.

If you can do that, you might find that this place, including Jesse ain’t so bad after all...

BTW... I did not read your post directly... some moron quoted you and I had no choice. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • K_M wrote: »

Did YOU not start this very thread attacking him? Seems you did start this, and it was uncalled for. One thing you need to understand is that when you come in here making baseless claims, making up numbers without knowing where you got them from and stating your opinion as fact, and claiming thouse that have actual experience are full of it, you will not get very far before someone will call you on it. I know for a fact that I have tried to help you understand, Jesse has, DK has... that list is long and distinguished.

You choose not to accept anything we say and instead cling bitterly to your beliefs. An example would be the upgrades that many here have done to their speakers. You don’t see the value of it and think much of what we do was simply pulled from thin air. It may surprise you to learn that none other than Matt Polk himself suggested these upgrades. To claim that we don’t know what we are talking about in that regard flies in the face of the work done by the very man that started the company.

As I recall, someone from Polk Audio even chimed in to explain it to you and you blew that off as well. After a time, it becomes pointless to try and explain things to someone that is unwilling to listen. There are perhaps hundreds of posts where members are trying to explain things to you and you always resort to your own beliefs rather than the facts presented to you. This leads to a great deal of exasperation for many of us.

Another point you do not get is that this is a family. I have only met a dozen or so people from this forum, but they are all brothers and sisters... even you! If I were to learn you were in need, I might even encourage others to help me in assisting you to easy your burden. I have zero doubt Jesse would do the same, as well as a number of others. We don’t hate you K_M, we don’t even dislike you. We just want you to stop making claims about things you don’t understand or disparaging things you don’t like because of your own biases or personal tastes.

If you can do that, you might find that this place, including Jesse ain’t so bad after all...

BTW... I did not read your post directly... some moron quoted you and I had no choice. :p

You are wasting your breath.
  • shawn474
    Welp that devolved.....seems like some people around here just don’t know when enough is enough.....you’ve both proved your points, now grow up and let it go.
    Shawn
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    delkal wrote: »

doxrlbivx45j.jpg

Why more gasoline? This is not helping your side of the story. You should let this thread die too........

Agreed. replaying with snarky comments and clap back‘s is continuing the problem. They’re getting more of exactly what they’re complaining about. Someone has to stop or change their tune but it appears the involved parties just can’t stop poking. It all looks pretty ridiculous when everybody who says this thread should die continues to post in it. You’re all trying to get the last word and looking more ridiculous doing it.

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500