Possible power outage for next two days

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Quite a moronic post. Spam someplace else.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • huggies
    huggies Posts: 149
    No spam about it. I'm guessing you didn't even know that they were required by the State to shut power down. They didn't have a say in it.
  • Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • huggies
    That is very sad. Knew this would happen with some folks lives dependent on the power being on.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Spam someplace else.

Lol he has been a member since 2005 @BlueFox
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Just saw that a person on oxygen in CA died within minutes of the power being cut.

Anticipating the lawsuit that will be forthcoming....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • huggies
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Spam someplace else.

Lol he has been a member since 2005 @BlueFox

Yea, I don't post much. That's just me. Born and raised in California with all my closest family still living there. Not spamming, just posting how I see things, with a few facts mingled in there.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Yeah... that’s pretty one-sided thinking, so I won’t even bother.

I agree with BlueFox... mostly moronic post. If you think it’s “comifornia” you’re welcome to leave.
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Kex wrote: »
    Yeah... that’s pretty one-sided thinking, so I won’t even bother.

I agree with BlueFox... mostly moronic post. If you think it’s “comifornia” you’re welcome to leave.
    I think he already did...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    👍
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    huggies wrote: »
    I skipped the previous 4 pages of posts, so if I repeat something already said, forgive me.
    PG&E is not really to blame here, Comifornia is though. Over the top environmental laws make it impossible for PG&E to maintain all those power line right of ways. Endangered fauna, mammals, invertebrate, insects, mammals, etc, etc... make it illegal for them to clear many of these areas. The outrageous laws also make PG&E liable if a tree branch 1/4 mile away hits a power line then causes a fire. Following is a rather long explanation on why a 2 day wind event can turn into a week or longer power outage due to the laws in California.

PSPS is the acronym for “Public Safety Power Shutoff”.
    New Ca law (enacted by PUC and signed by Gov Newsome) REQUIRES utilities (ALL, not just PG&E) to de-energize areas that face severe wind threat/ fire risk.
    This has the Doppler effect of potentially impacting huge swaths of the State if that threat impacts a “Transmission” (500/230KV) Tower corridor(s).
    When that level of shut off is enacted, you don’t just flip a switch back on. The law requires PG&E to physically/visually inspect every single piece of equipment (down voltage) of the shut down BEFORE it can be re-energized. This means every tower, line, transformer, pad apparatus, substation, pole, reclosure, etc.
    This is why a 2 day event can potentially keep areas dark for several days after the threat has passed. It is a MASSIVE man hrs. labor intensive process on 24/7 overtime staffing.
    PG&E loses HUGE $$ when this is enacted as thousands of meters are not spinning and the labor cost to comply is huge. They don’t want to do these. They are legally mandated to now. This is the arrangement that was brokered through the PUC to balance the conflicting liability/service reliability laws. It is all driven because of California’s “Inverse Condemnation” liability conflict with PUC’s previous fining of the Company based on outage reliability.
    Prior, power shut off or outage = fine. Leave it on, and have ANY% role in a fire= 100% liability.
    If a limb 1/4 mile away blew into a transmission line and brought down hot conductor starting a fire?
    PG&E liable. No such thing as “Act of God” factored.
    No other State in the Nation has these asinine conflicts of law.

So, to make this real. This is analogous to you knowing your daughter MAY have a bad hair dryer. Until she leaves, you shut your house main off. Now, by law, before you can flip the main switch back on, you must hire an electrician to inspect (and document) every breaker below your main, every wire in your attic, every wall switch, every outlet, etc. Then, you must one by one phase in all your breakers so you don’t shock load the system, then you have to go back and program all your digital electronics.

Multiply this by 50K square miles.

Spot on, BRAVO!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Brought to you by moronic California voters coming to a State near you!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Isn't this discussion a good reason to encourage solar panels on a local level or even on rooftops? Although some states have tried to squash their use on behalf of power companies, maybe offsetting tax credits could be used for households who make the initial investment in the panels? Just a thought....
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    In the meantime one of those homeless camps will be responsible, for the next blaze, those Santa Ana winds will spread mayhem once again.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • afterburnt
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    In the meantime one of those homeless camps will be responsible, for the next blaze, those Santa Ana winds will spread mayhem once again.

Actually the suspected point of origin is on my patrol and there are a ton of homeless camps and people near there. I find campfire rings out in the worse places for any kind of fire.
  • Kex
    A Public Safety Power Shutoff is not mandated by any California legislation. The power companies decide when and if it is needed or not.

PG&E’s current predicament is because a worn insulator on their line was found to have caused a fire in November 2018 that resulted in the death of 86 people (85 + 1 still missing, presumed dead). It also destroyed an entire town of 22,000. They do not have the funds to cover that liability, so they declared bankruptcy to protect themselves from the claims. It has nothing to do with California legislation.
    Alea jacta est!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2019
    I pee in adult huggies.

Your post is full of holes defending PG&E, why are you even here?
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    TMI
    Randy/Maine
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt wrote: »

Actually the suspected point of origin is on my patrol and there are a ton of homeless camps and people near there. I find campfire rings out in the worse places for any kind of fire.

My money is on the lady that talks to the bushes, I bet she set it on fire. I hope I don't see her carrying some tablets today.
  • Kex

A Northern California man died Wednesday approximately 12 minutes after power was cut to his home and the surrounding area, fire officials in the El Dorado County town of Pollock Pines said Friday. However, an autopsy said the outage wasn’t the cause of his death.

The case is closed.

Full Story
    Alea jacta est!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    tonyb wrote: »

Good point Steve.

California, who wants the feds to pay for stuff, has no problem building the homeless apartments at close to 600k per unit. They allocated a billion plus bucks for that project, 3 years in the making. No problem supporting illegal immigration, another billion plus bucks, while fires destroy homes and take lives. Not just a one and done event either, happens on a yearly basis. Yet they always find money for free needles, free housing, free medical, etc.

Priorities....they need a dictionary out there. There comes a point in governing, when you have to put aside politics and agendas to do what is right for the masses you govern. Nobody out there has received that memo yet.

I can't like this post more than once, so I'll say it here too.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited October 2019
    So now the fires are being tied to immigration and the homeless now....interesting view.
  • huggies
    lol. I wasn't intending to defend PG&E as much as place an equal amount of blame on the state. PG&E has let their infrastructure age without proper maintenance. I believe they also were at fault for the large gas explosion that happened, I believe in San Bruno , due to lack of maintaining the gas lines on the peninsula.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I had this huge post ready but awe man it might have been to rude.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mrloren wrote: »
    I had this huge post ready but awe man it might have been to rude.

And full of grammatical errors.
  • Deltadon
    Deltadon Posts: 94
    edited October 2019
    California - the place where their people want to teach the rest of us on how we should live. Right. :(
  • Kex
    Actually, reading this thread, it looks more like everyone else is trying to tell Californians what’s wrong them... 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    You can thank us for our almost 460 billion in contributions to the federal budget later... the second highest is New York with just over 281 billion.
    Alea jacta est!