Adorama blow out prices on LSiM series

Comments

• Geoff4rfcGeoff4rfc Posts: 1,776
    msg wrote: »
    Those both look like they'd fit to me, going by the photos. Did they?

Scott!!!!! Get over here and lets do some track days together!!! Okay, we'll wait till next spring :)
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

HT
    Source: Oppo 103 - Display: Samsung QLED 65F
    Pre/Processor: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2

2CH
    Emotiva: ERC 3 connected via XLR's

Speakers
    PolkAudio Mains: LSiM707, C-706, SS: 702F/X, RS: RTiA9

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,008
    On it! Wait, you mean on a real bike this time, right? Not that sidecar with your mother inlaw again?
    I disabled signatures.
    Nice Scott, it's been a long time since I've spit coffee on my monitor!!!!!
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

HT

2CH

Speakers

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,363
    edited October 7
    If you have two spare conductors in that flex tubing, you should double-up the "+" and "-" runs. The wire seems like a relatively small gauge compared to your jumpers and that adjustment could make a noticeable improvement.
    @mak99 absolutely stunning from top to bottom......great front stage!

HT

2CH

Speakers

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,888
    mak99 wrote: »
    sh4o7gvv49sr.jpg
    ^^ finally done!

Looks great. Likely just not seeing this right, but is your center not angled at all? If its not I'd suggest doing that. If it is then my apologies.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mak99mak99 Posts: 324
    edited October 7
    Viking64 wrote: »
    If you have two spare conductors in that flex tubing, you should double-up the "+" and "-" runs. The wire seems like a relatively small gauge compared to your jumpers and that adjustment could make a noticeable improvement.

Good observation - I ran three sets of those wires (Monoprice 12ga, 4-conductor cable) for the L+C+R about five years ago when I transformed the room. The center is biwired from the dedicated Emo XPA-100 amp but I never decided whether to biwire the L+R speakers also, or double-up on the conductors for an equivalent 9ga wire. So they are currently wired as you noticed. Maybe that'll be my next evening project...
    Post edited by mak99 on
    Main HT:
    Epson 5020UBe
    135" Elite Screens fixed frame
    Marantz SR7007
    Emotiva XPA-100 x3 (fronts), UPA-7 (surrounds)
    Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro x2
    Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X RT (80F/X Ls needs installing), 65-RT
    Seaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" (orig. AV123 MFW-15)
    Velodyne SMS-1
    I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruout
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Twin 30 C/B

* FOR SALE NOW: Onkyo TX-SR805, CSi40, Harmony 890 Pro NIB, Harmony One NIB
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    @mak99 absolutely stunning from top to bottom......great front stage!
    Looks great. Likely just not seeing this right, but is your center not angled at all? If its not I'd suggest doing that. If it is then my apologies.

Thanks for the compliments - and nothing to apologize for, Enders! The picture was a bit dark so it was hard to see. The center is angled up on Auralex pads (link), on top of the Salamander amp stand...

Geoff: side note - I'm not sure if you were the Geoff that I met back in May 2012 at a local Seattle-area GTG (see this thread). If so, small world! If not, maybe another local GTG could be planned since the weather outside is turning to crap... :/

fkf2z8pocxdw.jpg

bgq5qdrmwf7h.jpg

Main HT:
    Epson 5020UBe
    Marantz SR7007
    Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro x2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruout
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Twin 30 C/B

edited October 7
    mak99 wrote: »
    Geoff: side note - I'm not sure if you were the Geoff that I met back in May 2012 at a local Seattle-area GTG (see this thread). If so, small world! If not, maybe another local GTG could be planned since the weather outside is turning to crap... :/

fkf2z8pocxdw.jpg

bgq5qdrmwf7h.jpg

Nah, wasn't me, I saw that I was interested though....never made it...had to have been a good time!!

You're welcome to come by here and check out the sounds and sights at Casa de Geoff :)

I've had @ken brydson over and trying to get him over again....maybe the two of you could make it over one of these weekends!!

HT

2CH

Speakers

Nah, wasn't me, I saw that I was interested though....never made it...had to have been a good time!!

You're welcome to come by here and check out the sounds and sights at Casa de Geoff :)

I've had @ken brydson over and trying to get him over again....maybe the two of you could make it over one of these weekends!!

Thanks for the invite! I'll probably take you up on that - and the offer is mutual It's always a pleasure to meet other enthusiasts, talk shop, and share ideas about our systems and setups to make them even better. That's how I met my friend Kris about five years ago, via AVS...

I'll send you a PM about meshing schedules - the rest of this month is busy but maybe there's a Nov weekend that might work for all three of us?

"Casa de Geoff" - I like it! I've occasionally referred to my system as the "Springbrook Cinema and Alehouse" since I live in that area of Renton... :)
    Main HT:
    Epson 5020UBe
    Marantz SR7007
    Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro x2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Twin 30 C/B

• DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 2,117
    Still on sale. 7tunvvj9ouix.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,951
    dayum $450 for a PAIR of LSiM703s!

Get urself something good to feed em!

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188314/parasound-hca-1203-3-channel-140-wpc#latest
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,649
    ^^^Nice amp. I used to have one.

I'm trying to continue to ignore that those 707's are priced that low and I don't need them. I want the 706's at a ridiculously low price.

Om trying my best to resist the temptation....
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    Yeah, ^^^ what he said, I don't need a second set of 707's.....or do I ???

HT

2CH

Speakers

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,773
    @rooftop59 where do they have em for $450?
    afterburnt wrote: »

Buy my amp and I’ll tell ya!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
    HT Rig:
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »

Buy my amp and I’ll tell ya!

What amp?
    Yeah, ^^^ what he said, I don't need a second set of 707's.....or do I ???

^^ This. After my initial listening session during break-in and watching "Yesterday" last weekend in the media room, it's tempting to buy another pair for my dedicated two-channel system to replace my Wharfedale EM99s..
    Main HT:
    Epson 5020UBe
    Marantz SR7007
    Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro x2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Twin 30 C/B

• The constant posting of those amazing, recurring Adorama deals is serving to marginalize the good deals I thought I got a couple of months ago. Yowza.
    Main: Polk Rti-38
    Center: Polk Csi-40
    Rear: Polk Fxi-30
    Sub: SVS PB10-isd
    Receiver: Marantz SR-5007
    Buttkicker Mini Concert x 4
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    5w5ed7gecc5y.jpeg
    Here’s a pic of the LSiM707’s next to my RTi70’s.

WOW - I had RTi70s until mid-2010, then I upgraded those to the RTiA7s. Your 707s will be a helluva upgrade...

3lbjhsuj07o0.jpg

Main HT:
    Epson 5020UBe
    Marantz SR7007
    Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro x2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Twin 30 C/B

• bostonvr6bostonvr6 Posts: 34
    worst thing about this sale....i bought the 707's and 706c, but i have nothing to run them with (avr or amp) so they are beautiful paperweights...probably for a few more months. Just hope they arent damaged somehow on the inside cause i have no way to tell haha
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,455
    Pick-up something cheap on Craigslist to at least run them at low volume. There have been enough QC issues that I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting months.
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Pick-up something cheap on Craigslist to at least run them at low volume. There have been enough QC issues that I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting months.

Honestly if you're in a decent sized market you can probably find an older non-hdmi beast of a receiver for a $100 or less.

This for instance has a pretty stout power supply. Run optical out of your TV and you'll actually get pretty darn good SQ especially considering the $$$:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-AVR-3805-Audio-Video-Home-Theater-Surround-Sound-Stereo-Receiver/202800089463?hash=item2f37d3c977:g:sAoAAOSwlkhdpOpC
    HT Rig:
    ;
    Master Bedroom
  • badchadbadchad Posts: 351
    Any guesses on how long this deal will hang around? I'm probably 2-3 months away from a new build. I suppose with deals this good I should just pull the trigger.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103
    badchad wrote: »
    Any guesses on how long this deal will hang around? I'm probably 2-3 months away from a new build. I suppose with deals this good I should just pull the trigger.
    When they are gone they are gone. I think they rand out of some stuff already.