New Polk Audio "Legend" Speaker Series shown at 2019 Hong Kong High End Audio Video Show

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Hello @Hyme2019 welcome to club Polk, This is not your everyday audio forum.

AS for a replacement for the RTiA line that's all up to Polk. I do know the RTi-A line is not so great on music but movies they shined.

I went from RTi ( 4's and 8's) to Signatures. Polk hit a home run with the Signature line. great on music and movies. I now have the LSiM 705 and love them.

I would make sense for Polk to have a line in between the Signature and Legend, If a person is looking at speakers but can't fork over the coin for the Legend and want something better than Signatures. Maybe a revamp of the LSiM.

So @F1nut is now our president, ok I can deal with that.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Maybe a new Monitor line?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    DSkip wrote: »
    There are sheep. Then, there are mountain goats. Russ and Halen could share knowledge on how to serenade these beasts.

Ahhhh. It has been at least a decade. Good memory my modern math man. Mountain goats. Love it. Lol.

• Polk Legend SDA speakers equals goats?
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Hyme2019 wrote: »
    Polk Legend SDA speakers equals goats?

You have to get to know some of the “special” members.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Hyme2019 wrote: »

Goat = Greatest of all time.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675

We have known each other for a long time. It was an inside joke. Memories.

Don’t be an outsider. We are running a special. For the next 24 hours. You could make three easy payments of $9.99 for a whole year subscription to become an insider. Only if you act now. I take chicken and or cash as payments. Haha
  • nooshinjohn
    Halen my man... you owe me a new keyboard for that one! :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Deltadon wrote: »

Goat = Greatest of all time.

Nope.... Goat means goat in this case. We have a member here that really seems to like them. ;)

• nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    What are your sources for these goats? I just want to make sure of your credibility.

See, you are gonna fit right in my MN brotha. B)
    He drives a bucket truck, lives in your shrubbery or your nightmares...

• Hey Dskip I’ve seen you on here ALOT lol I seem to remember you mentioning you had some extra LS tweeters. I’m actually looking at a mint pair of LS90s for like $275. They are oak in color, look great just wish they weren’t oak. What are you looking to get for them?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited September 2019
    Shut up Mr. Skipworth....

Remember the first rule of fight club

Beaotch :D:D:D
  • The tweets work their just a bit discolored.
  • pitdogg2
    The tweets work their just a bit discolored.

Quit looking at them. :p
  • Hey I’m a guy pitdogg2 I like to look at my tweets, oh wait I guess that’s something else.
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2019
    Hey I’m a guy pitdogg2 I like to look at my tweets, oh wait I guess that’s something else.

TaTaTaweeter..
  • I have some nostalgia for the LS speakers. I tried a pair of LS50s from crutchfield. Loved them, but ending up returning them at the time because I didn’t feel I could afford them. I know laughable. Anyway they sounded really good the only complaint I had was bass port chuffing, not long after Polk created the power port which now looking back makes total sense.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2019
    halen wrote: »
    Guys. After this big build up and intro. You know traffic on Polk will pick up. I look forward to it.

The results of traffic here and the hype speaks for itself. I love it.

Lets be a little nicer and welcoming. We all started on this forum at one point. Let’s not forget that.

With that said. Welcome to all the new forum members. Stick around.

SDA rulz. Eff you if you don’t agree. Lol.

Halen

Are you suggesting that it's gonna be like what the Dead fans called (if memory serves) Greyheads? Greheads were a bunch of (very) late to the party Grateful Dead 'fans' who suddenly sprang up when Touch of Grey was a radio hit (for those old enough to remember radio and hits ;) ).

Oy,vey!

No -- in seriousness, it's very true; if all goes well for Polk, the user base and the demographics of (e.g.) this forum could look very, very different in a coupla years!

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Nooshinjohn, here we go again lol just kidding, but I don’t see them combining Polk and definitive, currently in distribution it’s Polk and denon together and Marantz and def tech together. Boston is just well... no where at this point in time, but the real question is what becomes of pioneer, pioneer elite, Onkyo, and Integra if it finally gets approved and is swallowed up by sound United.

Welcome to Club Polk Hyme2019! What exactly do you mean by Polk & Denon together & Marantz & Def Tech together?

My Polk S60s and Marantz AV7705 make a very nice combo. I have one piece of Boston gear and its the VR920 center channel. If Polk came out with a big 3 way Signature CC I would get one. Until then the VR920 stays put.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    cfrizz wrote: »

Welcome to Club Polk Hyme2019! What exactly do you mean by Polk & Denon together & Marantz & Def Tech together?

My Polk S60s and Marantz AV7705 make a very nice combo. I have one piece of Boston gear and its the VR920 center channel. If Polk came out with a big 3 way Signature CC I would get one. Until then the VR920 stays put.

I’m terms of the “better to best” categories that Sound United has been putting together.

Polk and Denon would be more of a “better” category and Definitive and Marantz would be more of a “best” category.

Nothing stopping you from mixing categories as an end user to meet your needs.
  • Cfrizz, I’m saying that is how sound United has grouped these brands in distribution.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Distribution is mostly invisible to the customer these days although it does have importance to the distributors. Best Buy sells Polk, Definitive, Denon, and Marantz but will put Definitive and Marantz in the Magnolia section. Sometimes Polk and Denon make it in there too depending on the store setup and level of product. Crutchfield and Amazon don't make any distribution distinctions to the customer.

The Polk Legend line will be distributed differently. Having an in home audition option would be very cool. Something similar to having 30 days to audition a $3K foam mattress in a box that's only marketed online. :)
  • Emlyn, sorry I often forget many consumers don’t know what distribution is. Thanks for clarifying. We sell products to the independent retail dealer and custom install channel. Polk also sells to dealers direct like Best Buy and those dealers who are able to buy a minimum amount of product to qualify to be “direct”. We have Polk and denon while our competing distributor will have def tech and Marantz.
  • I can only assume at this point we will have access to the Legend series just as we did LSiM.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    DSkip wrote: »
    I can only assume at this point we will have access to the Legend series just as we did LSiM.

Don’t bet on it.

Why not?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Easy enough way to find out, I sent an e-mail. So what’s the Fry’s story?
  • nooshinjohn
    Fry’s will be gone soon anyway....

• We don’t have Frys anywhere here so is it Best Buy minus the magnolia part?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Frys was a big, big deal when we lived in the Silicon Valley -- but that was a long, long time ago (1989-91) :|

There was one within easy walking distance (2 blocks) from the place I worked in Sunnyvale in those days. Being from the East Coast, I would actually walk over there. The Californians all would drive.