What Is Your Other Main Hobby Besides Audio?

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Mark I don’t think you have as near as much light pollution as the majority of us. Beautiful pics

Well, yeah, I understand... but go to, say, Utah and go out someplace like Bryce Canyon and look up at the night sky. The firmament looks like black velvet; and it feels like one could reach up and touch the stars.

One can sort of imagine the wonder that stirred in our ancient ancestors when they did the same.

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    And you didn't see that asteroid that was about to snuff us out!
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    You silly billy -- if we could see it, we could send Bruce Willis up to nuke it!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Hockey goalie. Wish I’d have lived somewhere where I could’ve played growing up. Most fun I’ve ever had with any sport. D4 champs last season and a mediocre save in motion:

x0v529dw7wr0.jpeg

hv2px9vyz04d.jpeg

2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • pelhamplace
    Options
    gn6r89uaqt77.jpeg
    and masters swimming.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    gn6r89uaqt77.jpeg
    and masters swimming.

That doesn't even look waterproof with the windows closed let alone open.....
  • pelhamplace
    Options
    It’s certainly old enough for masters swimming. LOL
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,547
    Options
    gn6r89uaqt77.jpeg
    and masters swimming.

Got a pic of that awesome engine bay???
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I used to be into photography and I'm considering getting back into it. Not going crazy - just a beginner DSLR with a kit lens and maybe one additional prime lens. See where it takes me.

This is a photo I took of the camera I had last time using a technique called "light painting:"
    q4sfb1ebnrez.jpg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • CH46E
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    I used to be into photography and I'm considering getting back into it. Not going crazy - just a beginner DSLR with a kit lens and maybe one additional prime lens. See where it takes me.

Have you seen what this Nikon P1000 can do? Far better than my telescope. Absurd zoom ability. I'm not into photography but I'd like to have that Nikon.

https://youtu.be/Ltfd7OwVu5E
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    @machone we just purchased the AFX Super International this Christmas. Great 4 car racing!
  • halo
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »

Have you seen what this Nikon P1000 can do? Far better than my telescope. Absurd zoom ability. I'm not into photography but I'd like to have that Nikon.

Very B) but waay over my budget :#
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • DoneandGone
    Options
    oij03d2v9fbn.jpeg

Just started some serious hiking and now serious snowshoeing. Ordered my igloo building tool, for more snow fun up here around Vancouver.
    https://grandshelters.com/
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • CH46E
    Options

Mine too for someone who probably would not know how to use it. I doubt you can just pick this camera up and do what that person did.
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2019
    Options

It looked like it's only a thousand smackers -- heck, guys here spend more than that for cable lifters... :#

Mine too for someone who probably would not know how to use it. I doubt you can just pick this camera up and do what that person did.

On-board image stabilizers notwithstanding -- I think a good tripod would be a good place to start. :)

Oh -- kind of on-topic... for whatever reason, my son (who takes photography, and the maths far more seriously than do, e.g., I) sent me this link earlier today.

https://www.adorama.com/inkd5600br.html

I mean, he and I have a little thing when it comes to glass, too, you know?

49002264018_6f3cfc0dc7_b.jpgDSC_7467 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    49003009327_5dae96a4a3_b.jpgDSC_7455 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    28068006966_00360e2a02_b.jpg003a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • CH46E
    Options
    Shoot..... I need to start selling cable lifters!! What material you want? I got ya!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,325
    Options
    Petrified Yak balls with a good poly clear coat, spiked.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

You kill the yak and I'll do the rest
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • CH46E
    Options

Tom

They pull a premium man. I think I can get it done for about $1,300.00 👍👍😁
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    edited December 2019
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Tom

You kill the yak and I'll do the rest

Yak ball buffer, didn't see that one coming
    :)
  • CH46E
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Bro.... you gave up my source, I was gonna make some lifters! Lol
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Over the past few months I kind of took up ring design while planning to propose. This is what we landed on. Not the best lighting, but gives you a good idea.
    nznicqkwqtx5.jpeg
    The final design and the proposal were a success.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • halo
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

It looked like it's only a thousand smackers -- heck, guys here spend more than that for cable lifters... :#
    True! But, I am NOT one of those guys

On-board image stabilizers notwithstanding -- I think a good tripod would be a good place to start. :)

Oh -- kind of on-topic... for whatever reason, my son (who takes photography, and the maths far more seriously than do, e.g., I) sent me this link earlier today.

https://www.adorama.com/inkd5600br.html/

I mean, he and I have a little thing when it comes to glass, too, you know?

That is a very good price on that D5600 but I am looking for something that can do photos and videos so Nikon is out. Their photos are very nice but they are way behind Canon when it comes to video capture on a DSLR.

49002264018_6f3cfc0dc7_b.jpgDSC_7467 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    49003009327_5dae96a4a3_b.jpgDSC_7455 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    28068006966_00360e2a02_b.jpg003a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

That certainly is a lot of nice glass! A camera body is all you need!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    @machone we just purchased the AFX Super International this Christmas. Great 4 car racing!

Joe that is so cool! I didn't even know they still made slot car sets! :)
    hjh5watlz933.png

I had a set made from a company called Eldon. 1/32 scale, IIRC. Stock image.
    e39fjap90cja.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    Over the past few months I kind of took up ring design while planning to propose. This is what we landed on. Not the best lighting, but gives you a good idea.
    nznicqkwqtx5.jpeg
    The final design and the proposal were a success.

Why didn’t you ask me?

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    edited December 2019
    Options
    nznicqkwqtx5.jpeg

Why didn’t you ask me?

Too much hair on your back.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    So @machone I had to take a deeper look at your train setup. Wow! That rotary track switcher is awesome! :smile:
    fxty0wfpc4bx.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Outdoor Grilling and Smoking have been my main hobby lately.