What Is Your Other Main Hobby Besides Audio?

1234568»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited January 2020
    Current lineup (Internet pics as mine are currently in my horribly messy garage)

Arrma Notorious 1/8th scale "Monster Truck"...
    acde28965f998b0b02b614366e7307999f5ed50075b27073b19d2df8c25cd7fb.jpg

Arrma Senton 1/10th scale "Short Course Truck"...
    bfd91d34f7706d5abf3ed5df86bebd8af986c8e1a13d48120196c9f4e63fe0cf.jpg

Traxxas Rally 1/7th scale...
    tra74054-4-r5.jpg

Team Associated "Trophy Rat" SC10 1/10 scale 2WD short course truck...
    asc70019.jpg

Traxxas 4Tec 2.0 AWD On-road...(I picked up an unpainted body and had a custom paint job done in the Gulf GT color scheme)
    tra83056-4-blk.jpg?width=950

Team Associated RC28T to chase the cats...
    RC28T_3_4_Frt_High_md__66424.1521664189.jpg?c=2

A buddy and I spent the morning today at a local skate park bashing around. I am amazed at how durable the Arrma Notorious is. I have literally jumped it 30+ft in the air and landed it every which way and the most damage I have done is some scratches in the body.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    halo wrote: »
    When I was a lad I got into RC electric cars. My first kit was a Kyosho Optima. My brother in law was big time into RC and he had gas and electric cars as well as some airplanes IIRC. He suggested an Team Associated RC10. The Optima was total dog but the RC10’s had a wealth of mods available. Ya, that stuff was very expensive.

Team associated came out and changed the game in the 90's with that RC10, it was unbelievable.
    I used to race on road RC in the 90's and I cannot remember the brand, but they made sandwich fiberglass and graphite chassis' that dominated the game. Used to race on indoor carpeted tracks in Lawrenceville GA
  • joecoulson
    HAHA - this is fun - found them - Bolink!

Dang what a fast car we used to build with these

zdgq8hxn747n.jpg
  • ZLTFUL
    Those graphite and carbon pan cars were always fantastic on carpet tracks.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited January 2020
    Raced against Team Associated numerous times when running 1/8 Gas. I raced a Delta car which was their main competitor when I was racing from 1975 to 1980. They won some and Delta won some, they did beat us in the 24 hour race we ran in.

This is really going to date me. I remember when I first started racing the rear brake was a pad that pushed on the clutch bell to slow the car down. Then disc brakes were developed. We were running solid rear axle cars then. Then diffs were developed which lead to a big change as how the car handled. Right after I got out of it was when 4 wheel independent suspensions became popular.

As far as engines when I started the K&B was very popular, then OPS and then Pico. We ran a tuned pipe and there were tricks you did to loosen up the motor. The manufacturing wasn't near as good as it is now so you keep your old piston and sleeves when the piston got too loose in the sleeve. You would then find a tighter sleeve and match the piston from a previous larger sleeve with it. I would lap the piston into the sleeve for a snug fit. I would also lighten the piston a little bit and polish the crank were it would spin better in the case. You also had to set the head clearance in relation to the piston so it wouldn't cause issues when running nitro in the model airplane fuel.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    The tetras, pound for pound (gram for gram) are pretty ornery little critters, too. The neons and Cardinals are among the more docile ones, though, as I recall.

... and don't get me started on the topic of barbs. :)

• joecoulson
    That’s awesome!!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    That does look like fun.
    I'd like to see a GoPro car's eye view of that run. :)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Wow. That hauls azz. Cool
    Randy/Maine
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Took a buddy out to play with the Notorious a bit this morning. He now wants one of his own.

https://youtu.be/fMB_EakRnrI

That is so cool! Loved on one of your jumps when you revved the motor to make a mid flight adjustment! Awesome! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ZLTFUL
    verb wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Took a buddy out to play with the Notorious a bit this morning. He now wants one of his own.

https://youtu.be/fMB_EakRnrI

That is so cool! Loved on one of your jumps when you revved the motor to make a mid flight adjustment! Awesome! :smile:

My friend, Landon, was driving. He has been thinking about upgrading to something like this.

The size of the tires and the power of the motor give you a LOT of mid-flight control.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Golf. Not that good, but enjoy it