What Is Your Other Main Hobby Besides Audio?

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    jdjohn wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Ditto @daddyjt
    Is it "homemade" movies?

Ha - trust me, that is something no one (especially me) would want to see...!

https://youtu.be/H28ZoZrKCzI

seems apropos, somehow.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I like to collect/drink Bourbon and also spend time with my boat be it at the lake or at the house tinkering.

I hope all that liquor doesn't spoil on you. :)

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Now that I am retired, exercising, and three nights a week, drinking beer and listening to the stereo.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    btw tratliff, nice collection!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Hobby you say...

I spend a lot of time thinking about a hobby, but my current employer would rather see me worked until my brain is mush.

When i do get a free opportunity, i enjoy doing simple woodworking projects. Currently building 3 bat boxes.

Oh, and i love grass......like, the kind that you mow.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My other hobby is 60's muscle cars.

And I love grass also, the kind you don't mow.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    I like to collect/drink Bourbon and also spend time with my boat be it at the lake or at the house tinkering.

I hope all that liquor doesn't spoil on you. :)

I think it will be fine. But you are always welcome to come and share some.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Hobby you say...

I spend a lot of time thinking about a hobby, but my current employer would rather see me worked until my brain is mush.

When i do get a free opportunity, i enjoy doing simple woodworking projects. Currently building 3 bat boxes.

Oh, and i love grass......like, the kind that you mow.

Holy Audubon Society, Batman! To the bat boxes, stat!

clzq38469bhv.png
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Boating and the bike are mine when the weather permits and tomorrow will be a day on the water. During the winter months staying in shape keeps me too tired to do much of anything else.
    acmfmkciw8oc.jpg
    4tvn5f4rlsh3.png
    iquei034y0lb.jpg

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    I don't have any more hobbies. I'm too busy fixing all the broken s#!%
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BlueFox
    Options

Yes. That augments my beer nights. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

Yes. That augments my beer nights. :)

I live in Colorado, sooooo...

I actually don't "partake" very much as I'm getting older. Only at night and only an occasional night here or there.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    I don't have any more hobbies. I'm too busy fixing all the broken s#!%

That would be your hobby, unless someone's payin' you for it...
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I love anything to do with the water. Love just boating or fishing with the granddaughters. I'm use to fishing ocean for bigger fish but I started fishing lakes about 40 years ago & it's fun. Put in a camp up northern Maine with lots of lakes n ponds galore. Very impressed with the river & smallmouth bass. Picked up a boat just for river. Only been in river once with it. River runs hard & I hear horror stories about hitting rocks. Been talking to locals & guides & I'm not liking the stories lol. e47xuk4a7fif.jpg
    r5bsikukeofs.jpg
    45log6xzc0jb.jpg
    1klki8ruxhe0.jpg
    0xo77remh85r.jpg

Randy/Maine
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I mean yeah I play video games but I really like to learn about history. Usually Military and Ancient History.

I like to visit what little museums we have here in Az dedicated to the above as much as I can. Read and listen to as much as I can fit in a day when I have the time after taking care of the kiddo and getting her to bed.

Always been fascinated with where we came from.

I have also been following combat sports for some time now. MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing etc.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I like to travel on two wheels

getw6qe7ypgm.jpg

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    yx2hlllaiymh.jpg
    j9risk33pe79.jpg
    5ru71us7z22g.jpg
    Taking my Grandson fishing

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    vyy17wojnch1.jpg
    acwpdiaoqdzh.jpg
    8kaam5ho32h5.jpg
    Deer Hunting and sitting in as many Deer Stands as I can we probably got 25 stands scattered in the woods behind the hunting shack.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Dang, the fishin' photos are makin' me both jealous and nostalgic.
    I hain't been fishin' for years.

:(
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    rw21ivoz0728.jpg
    Hanging out at trap shooting competitions my Grandsons team has made it to the State finals a couple years in a row. Plus we collect shotguns and other firearms which I wont share pictures of abiding by the forum rules. Also have a few mountain bikes and love off road riding.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    Beatin' up old ladies.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Now that I am retired, exercising, and three nights a week, drinking beer and listening to the stereo.

Went to the gym earlier. Now drinking beer and listening to music. You just have to love hobbies. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »
    My hobby would have to be hiking and 4-wheeling in the back country of Colorado. Here is a typical view. It always takes my breath away!

Don't listen to this guy. Colorado is super ugly. Definitely don't move here.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I use to love to play golf, any afternoon I was off I would be hitting balls. That got way to expensive.

I then took up fishing. I'd be on a boat once a week from April till Oct, then that got too expensive Fuel cost went way up. I still like to fish but SoCal deep sea is $$$$ and our lakes are not that great.

I now do woodwork. I've try to keep on at least one project a month. I've already replaced all the Ikea stuff in our home and now do things for people at the cost of material. I do chest, blanket ladders, book cases and TV Stands.

Here is a true SoCal workshop. Only work when the weather is nice and the sun is out :)
    w52f3dtiuhwn.jpg

I still bowl and hold a 170 average but we are in only one league now. When I bowled 3 nights a week I was @ 210.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited August 2019
    Options
    4epm8ugu2vq0.jpg

mmixg0cehtiw.jpg

quphwq2e1cg2.jpg

z1j50c9ex38u.jpg
    6a06wqx6vwf9.jpg
    dicotcwv1bc6.jpg

When we lived in Colorado trucks were fun.
    Pretty much anything with pistons and tires I like!
  • BlueFox
    edited August 2019
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    I use to love to play golf, any afternoon I was off I would be hitting balls. That got way to expensive.

I then took up fishing. I'd be on a boat once a week from April till Oct, then that got too expensive Fuel cost went way up. I still like to fish but SoCal deep sea is $$$$ and our lakes are not that great.

I now do woodwork. I've try to keep on at least one project a month. I've already replaced all the Ikea stuff in our home and now do things for people at the cost of material. I do chest, blanket ladders, book cases and TV Stands.

Here is a true SoCal workshop. Only work when the weather is nice and the sun is out :)
    w52f3dtiuhwn.jpg

I still bowl and hold a 170 average but we are in only one league now. When I bowled 3 nights a week I was @ 210.

I bet your neighbors just love listening to that saw. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.