Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,804
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    No. Grade 5 steel. That's why I bake potatoed it

Seems like flawed logic to me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    4ikl9abv3gg8.jpg

Mine showed up today I'm glad my mailbox was big enough for it to fit in. I thought I had everything dont have a bolt what length and type am I needing? Glad we got enough guys together for these.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • RobbyKY
    RobbyKY Posts: 117
    Options
    Mine arrived today. Guess it takes a little longer to haul this chunk of copper all the way down to Texas. Wife called me at work and said we had a package she couldn't pick up, knew immediately what it was. Weekend project!!f5igujo36mm0.jpg
    Media Room: Parasound JC-5, Cambridge 851N, Schiit Freya, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Game Room: Carver M4.0t, Carver C-4000, Oppo BDP-105, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Bar/Card Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Oppo BDP-93, SDA SRS 3.1
    Son's Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Laptop/AQ Dragonfly, SDA SRS 3.1
    Bedroom: McIntosh MC150, Cambridge CXN, SDA 2Btl
    Outdoor Pool Area: Yamaha R-N803 with four Polk Atrium 6
    HT: Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65, RTi-A3's, Marantz SR5012, XPA3, UDP-203, Epson 5040UB

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Nuh uh!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    These things are big and heavy, kind of like lugging around a cinder block (or two)

89vi70wit8n3.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2019
    Options

Nuh uh!

Not sure why you think aluminum foil wrapped around the bolt head is going to prevent the steel bolt from affecting the toroidal's magnetic field.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    Options
    Good to know a stainless steel bolt nut and washer and some dynamat extreme is what I'm after tommorow then, glad I double checked.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• F1nut
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Good to know a stainless steel bolt nut and washer and some dynamat extreme is what I'm after tommorow then, glad I double checked.

Brass or aluminum will work too.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Dang it all around me ... Glad it didn't arrive today rained cats and dogs. It would have been in the rain for hours.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dang it all around me ... Glad it didn't arrive today rained cats and dogs. It would have been in the rain for hours.

A little water never hurt anything...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

It rained like crazy here to I was worried all day that if it showed up it would be soaked but it fit in our rather large mailbox with barley room to spare, surprised it did not tip over from the weight.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    I think gods trying to make me understand what Seattle is like 24/7, so I appreciate the heat and humidity of IN summers more lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Well, I never received a shipping notice as was done in the past, but the transformer arrived a few minutes ago.

Group buy members, please let me know when yours arrives.

I'll send out confirmation requests later to those who don't confirm in this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Mine both showed up today.

Thank you again for organizing this sir!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Well..... I'm starting to think Sketchy Craig might have some redeeming values after all.......
    Perfect timing.. I got back to NC a couple of days ago and a few of us are heading to the mountains tomorrow. Up to HZtwikkers or whatever. The iron will make its debut there,
  • Eric Landman
    Options
    Thanks to all for making this happen. My heavy box appeared a couple days ago as well. Can’t wait to hear the new magic.
    What is the preferred method of attaching the four wires to the two male spades of the Speakon?
    Just twist them together and put them (2) in a female spade?
    Sounds to easy so must not be correct.
  • B-Man
    B-Man Posts: 13
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Well, I never received a shipping notice as was done in the past, but the transformer arrived a few minutes ago.

Group buy members, please let me know when yours arrives.

I'll send out confirmation requests later to those who don't confirm in this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Both of mine arrived on Thursday. Thanks again !!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    Thanks to all for making this happen. My heavy box appeared a couple days ago as well. Can’t wait to hear the new magic.
    What is the preferred method of attaching the four wires to the two male spades of the Speakon?

Spades are adequate, but I would recommend soldering them (I will be soldering mine). However, you must be careful not to melt the plastic of the Speakon. Use high heat, good flux, and be quick.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• VR3
    Options
    If you are melting the speak on plastic you have it wayyyyy to hot and are hanging out way to long.

I have soldered some heavy duty wires on to speak ons with no issues.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Eric Landman
    Options
    So, skip the female spade and solder wires directly to spade.
    Got it.
    Thank you for helping make it easier!
  • F1nut
    Options

It is easy.

sh0eqf50a3l4.jpg

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Options
    The Eagle has landed....
  • F1nut
    Options
    Manticore wrote: »
    Well after a few hours of listening i am sold on this purchase of the Dreadnought. For me i have noticed more depth, width and an increase of my bass & mid bass. The sound is really improved for the better.

I was going to go with a cut up MIT cable but, decided to use what i was originally using for an SDA cable. A Supra quad something or another. I wound up adding a jumper like i did when upgrading my 1C's so i am using all four connectors on the Neutric connector. An easy peasy job hooking up when using @DarqueKnight instructions. diqq5nc4u2uw.jpg
    n6kskhnd549c.jpg
    thbrlfxvea9o.jpg

Also, Larry this box is da bomb. This just adds to the total package with great looks & build. Quality through & through. Thank You Larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up with the extra wire/connections?

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Options
    Probably did jumpers for a shotgun approach
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    Yes i read about what Trey had done in an old post about going the shotgun approach using the Supra Quad wire. That is what i had done when i did my 1C upgrades to replace the original pin/blade SDA wire.

Just a jumper between the not used Nuetric connectors. I liked the idea and have been happy with the Supra Quad shotgun SDA wire so instead of cutting up an MIT cable i just used another piece of the Supra Quad cable that i already had. Seems to be working great as i am very pleased with the way it turned out.

I know you told me how to do it Jesse but, i didnt jump on a For sale MIT cable when i had the chance. I snoozed and loosed!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Help with DN cables needed!

I need to make new DN cables from MIT Terminator2's. Any tips? Leave the network interface boxes in place? If yes, do they go at the DN end? I cannot remember if I already ordered Neutriks - is there a particular part# I should look for or avoid? Other considerations?

Thanks for any help,
    Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • F1nut
    edited June 2019
    Options

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    edited June 2019
    Options
    b0r45deeay98.jpg
    ghnatvyuih4y.jpg
    s9o0g3okoydb.jpg
    cg1ubnts6mtm.jpg
    m1lgiebwdmun.jpg

Ok so I've wired up the torrid and locked it in now to get busy and find time to rewire my speakers with the DH Labs wire and get the Cardas binding post installed.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options

Excellent. Thanks F1!
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    https://meniscusaudio.com/product/outrigger-spike-set-of-4/
    Thinking about ordering these outrigger spike combos for mine or does anyone have a better idea on something else?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• stainless0steel2
    Options
    Mine showed up yesterday. Still working on my plates. I took my flycutter and milled off all the powder coat...ready to be anodized.
    mbkuq4zo6j49.jpg
    40hegrjywlyr.jpg
    Thanks again to all involved for making this happen.
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors