Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s the funniest thing you’ve said yet Viking
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2019
    Tons of college kids that frequent a local burger joint LEAVE THEIR LEFTOVER whatever ON THE TABLES A LOT! They don't have the decency to take their food wrappers and baskets to the trash cans? I've seen it over a hundred times since we go there a lot.

Are they to ABOVE cleaning up after themselves or did Momma or Daddy teach them to leave the table and not to think about cleaning up OR ( I just remembered ) to push their chair back under the table?

Our daughter was guilty of it here in this house too. I let her Mother pick up after her and push her chair back under. I mentioned it to Nancy once or twice but the daughter never was confronted by Nancy I guess.I just don't get it.

I see plenty of adults doing this unbelievable stuff at the burger joint too.

Nancy and I were raised differently I guess. We even wipe down the table with a napkin and toss it as we leave. All stools are back under the table too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Viking64 wrote: »
    The college kid that is concerned about the environment and pollution is the one that stayed home and studied during spring break.

Fixed that for ya'.

You can thank me later.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I was talking to a woman from Germany once. She was telling me about a trip she made back to her homeland. She returned to her home in Florida after several weeks in Germany.

Upon her return, she had this sense of CREEPING MALAISE. (Intentional Floyd reference.) She didn't know what was wrong, but something felt really bad in the pit of her stomach.

Soon after, she went to a grocery store. She was in the parking lot and witnessed someone empty their groceries from their shopping cart into their car. Then they just pushed their cart aside and drove away.

This German woman suddenly broke down in tears. She said nobody in Germany would dream of leaving their cart that way. It was a sober reminder of all the little messed-up things she has seen in America.
  • Viking64
    treitz3 wrote: »

Fixed that for ya'.

You can thank me later.

Tom

What do you mean by "You can thank me later"?
  • Tony M
    That's a pet-peeve of mine in the biggest way!

I saw a lady once that was old and couldn't walk very well. She loaded her car and pushed her cart up a little between the cars. She left and I thought that was fine. She was old and probably hurting so I can see that. :) No problem there.

But young people...I haven't seen any do that but I have seen a few 30 year old ladies do it about 5 times. People around here (Wilm. NC.) are pretty good about cart-corralling. ;)
  • Viking64
    Sadly, this type of thing is becoming so prevalent among the people that were "born with a mobile device in their hands". :p
  • Tony M
    GOOD POINT! ;)

I still don't own one...yet. :p

I've seen soooo many people in this burger joint looking at their I-phone THE WHOLE TIME they are eating and sitting with others. They'll look up once in a while but ...their eyes and one hand goes right back ( if it ever left ) to their phones.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Tony M wrote: »
    GOOD POINT! ;)

I still don't own one...yet. :p

I've seen soooo many people in this burger joint looking at their I-phone THE WHOLE TIME they are eating and sitting with others. They'll look up once in a while but ...their eyes and one hand goes right back ( if it ever left ) to their phones.

Nothing ticks me off more than that. We don't allow cell phones at the dinner table in my house.

Don't blame the youngsters though, monkey see-monkey do, and that comes from the adults who are just as bad if not worse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Hope their air bag never deploys...

y0397c1zyi2x.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    The college kid that is concerned about the environment and pollution is the one that stayed home and studied during spring break.

Fixed that for ya'.

You can thank me later.

Tom

Agreed. The 21 year old trashing the beach on spring break isn't in college for environmental studies.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Amp with built in pizza oven?

pfbmh23mzccg.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    You might succumb to exposure if you tried that on our porch this evening! :(

Tomorrow. Tomorrow's s'posed to be decent.
    It's been cold & wet here for weeks now, it seems.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    I might, but then again, what a way to go.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Ran into this early this morning.
    6ni64l0pew4i.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    CH46E wrote: »
    Ran into this early this morning.
    6ni64l0pew4i.jpg

[emphasis added]

Now -- that's gonna be hard to explain to your insurance company...

B)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    Porch time.

9y5an4bta92s.jpg

Love me some 120!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    CH46E wrote: »
    0fa6wm82h8up.jpg

Looks like someone hooked them a monster!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited May 2019
    @BlueBirdMusic - GFs tabby of 21 years could've been Wolfie's littermate! Very loving and intelligent. He was a rescue in Birmingham of unknown origin. This pic when he was older and whiter.
    xdkqzi15ge92.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    CGTIII wrote: »
    @BlueBirdMusic - GFs tabby of 21 years could've been Wolfie's littermate! Very loving and intelligent. He was a rescue in Birmingham of unknown origin. This pic when he was older and whiter.
    xdkqzi15ge92.jpg

A close match. Wolfgang and Sophie are litter mates. I found them at the Cherokee County Shelter. They were so attached to each other' they could not be adopted separately. Torties really have an attitude.

Harry / Marietta GA