Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    LMAO thats some funny stuff there :) glad im not drinking at the moment
    Randy/Maine
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Tony M, I do exactly what you guys do to see the great birds. I hear them and I try to find them in the trees. I forget where you live?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    South East coast...Wilmington NC. 28403. Right in the middle of this peninsula.

I forgot to add, there's a med. sized park a mile from me. The ocean is 5 miles away too. Ospreys soar overhead all the time. Hawks too. It's a birders paradise.

Pileated woodpeckers like to cruse through here too and have even nested in our neighbors tree across the street diagonally. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Daddy can I help please? :smile:
    aqg54s8agl27.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Cute, cute and cute! :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    For all of you Baltimorons (or ex-Baltimorons, like me) of a certain age...

9802822123_9e47ea86b7_b.jpgAn old National Beer promo from a back of an old Orioles program by Hans, on Flickr
  • BlueBirdMusic
    ou49cujn4d8j.jpeg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdFQoTDVlac
  • mhardy6647
    Oh, I remember those commercials. Yes, I do.
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdFQoTDVlac

Jimmy I got this visual of your blond locks all weaved about! Yeah baby! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    Not to change the subject or anything :p but the EMI power amp in this Radio Shack (yes, Radio Shack :) ) 1961 catalog page scan caught my eye this morning.

Look at that bad boy. Toroidal PT and OPTs -- there really is nothing new under the sun.

m22qdylx29d6.png

source: www.radioshackcatalogs.com (1961)

• verb
    edited April 2019
    Love the MC60 too for $219! Too bad Dad wasn't an audio enthusiast! :smile:
  • Tony M
    edited April 2019
    I heard a truck stop in front of my house around 10AM this morning. I thought my neighbor was having something done to his yard. After I ate something I took a look to see what's up.
    :o !

Duke energy had replaced the pole! I thought, 33 years here and the pole WAS old so good.

I laid down and slept for a while and when I got back up, they were still out there like scientists working on something up there at the top. 3 guys up top, and about 5 down on the ground. I thought maybe our old transformer is going to get replaced too. I couldn't tell though. Turns out they replaced that too. Yea!

I tried turning the TV on...NOPE...no power. So I go out to take pictures and eventually see my power cable to my house laying on the ground. My neighbors powerline was on the ground too.

OK, now what do I do?
    I grabbed my new Stereophile mag and Sound and vision mag. and proceed to read some of the reviews. About 30 min. or more later, the trucks shut down and a bunch of bin doors get shut on their trucks. I heard a guy yell,,.OK! About 5 min. later the power to the cable box comes on. 5 minutes later they're gone. B)

2-1/2 hours is all it took them to replace the pole AND the transformer. We had an old rusty transformer for 30+ years but now there's a spankin brand new one!

Maybe my stereo systems will sound better now! :p

It's amazing the danger these power guys work around! Check out the insulator drapes everywhere.

Cali was surely intrigued. :D
    b9ga2nzqp9g3.png

Respect what you can't see they say.
    hpppajnz2cev.png
    xml8wos90mvz.png
    o2q031aut3i5.png
    9wyy6x0cu7lz.png
    rzp8fd8z2a16.png
    vxea28i6o4p2.png
    9f4qxvl30swz.png

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Russ would have changed all that wearing metal gloves in the rain.
  • Tony M
    I thought they took the old pole away but no, there's still phone and cable hooked up to it. I guess they'll come some time later to switch their stuff over or maybe not.
    tkq5tu9li3y6.png
    sta379rvrhb2.png
    njf5z4in8m8s.png
    p4xasxsoik7g.png
    ra72ufpgbg46.png
    I wish this transformer had "Niagra Power Conditioner/cleaner" printed on it! :D
    gpblv8k8rr47.png
    44bm2128nfr6.png

I caught a high flyer with this shot. Didn't even know it was there either.
    btoj8i6ympu0.png

I guess I'll go sweep the dirt back into the grass now. ;)

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    This might be some new regulation. All around me in SE Pa they are replacing all of the older poles with much bigger ones 10 feet taller. Same in NJ on my commute.

Nice new poles but lots of construction traffic everywhere.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    522202_10151092054390658_1180038691_n.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    CGTIII wrote: »

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

fpwkmw7p4d1g.png
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • BlueBirdMusic

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    edited April 2019
    obieone wrote: »
    CGTIII wrote: »

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

fpwkmw7p4d1g.png

I without a doubt love the hawk's expression and it's environment behind it. BEAUTIFUL picture!

But seeing that hawk looking into the camera KNOWING it's something that's not normal and I can see its brain thinking away about it being there. I also wonder what that wire behind it is for! Is it a communications tower guide-line?

I wish we could click LIKE and LOL together...I would have.

It looks like there's NO human footprint at all behind it. NICE for that Hawk and its family if it has one. ;)

I LOVE those spy cams that are set up above or beside Eagle nests around our country. My wife loves to watch as the eggs hatch and then how gently those HUGE Eagles step around their babies or feed them scraps.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Umm Tony, that bird is photoshopped in to the scene... Check the edge dithering and focal points.
  • Tony M
    OHHHH, OK.

It looked like a real photo on my PC. :s
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    14x5379carzb.png

Manual labor in your three piece suit.
  • Tony M
    Just think of that mortar stain he's going to have around his left hip. :s
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Well, it ain't the mythical black paint, but it looks like we have another supplier, besides The Prince of Darkness

7g2dkkyx3l94.jpg