Bike Show off Thread!

Throw em here and lets admire each others bikes! I know threads similar have existed in the past but I can't find them.

Today is new bike day for me. Picked up this Felt F40X cross/gravel bike off ebay for 750 :) (2018 model) for a cheapish commuter bike on these crap NE roads. Nice to have something that I won't be afraid to get scratched up and has bigger tires for more comfortable commutes. Tiagra groupset with Tiagra hydro brakes. New tires and Prologo saddle on the way. Trying to hunt down an affordable carbon seatpost as well

b0ncd9qkatkv.jpeg

This is the road bike. Carbon Felt FR5, 105 Groupset and Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset

iludn1xart6z.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice bikes Zach! What diameter seatpost do you need? I have spares. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    27.2!

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    And thanks! Spend quite a bit of time in the saddle, so I like keeping decent bikes around. It’s the only workout I genuinely enjoy

• verb
    stangman67 wrote: »
    27.2!

Nice. Fairly common size. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • stangman67
    If you got something you’re trying to get rid of, let me know

• verb
    No 27.2's I got a 31.6 by control tech. I'm running a 27.2 in one of my other bikes, for years, very happy with it!
    y76cijsmx45f.png
    Some on ebay for smoking deals right now! :smile:
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited April 2019
    Haven't quite crossed over yet to where you nuthuggers are.

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert on a little obstacle course out in Williamsburg
    zbxc0zkpa4ph.png
    4yaamin44gx1.png

2009 Gary Fisher x-cal 29r; the most soulful bike I've ever owned. Still my current favorite all-rounder, though not the most technically advanced.
    oqdvepgwupk2.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    I’ve been to freedom park! Which is where I assume you are. Fallen off many features there

• verb
    Giant NRS Carbon, converted to a road bike! :smile: 700c Spinergy wheels, Fournales front suspension, Fox rear shock. Very comfy on the long haul! :smile:
    78syfk9ri9bi.jpg
  • msg
    I’ve been to freedom park! Which is where I assume you are. Fallen off many features there
    I thiiiink this was the front section of a place called New Quarter? that I haven't completely ridden because we didn't have time that day, but Yes! Freedom's not far from it! Do you remember that fast gravelly downhill at Freedom?!? Pretty crazy. Gets kinda sketchy going fast down it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • verb
    This was a fun project. Took a mediocre Trek recumbent and converted in to a full suspension with hydraulic disc brakes! Did a century on this guy back in the day! :smile:
    gdgla92s95aa.jpg
  • stangman67
    msg wrote: »
    I thiiiink this was the front section of a place called New Quarter? that I haven't completely ridden because we didn't have time that day, but Yes! Freedom's not far from it! Do you remember that fast gravelly downhill at Freedom?!? Pretty crazy. Gets kinda sketchy going fast down it.

I don't remember a whole lot of specifics other than falling off an a-frame and then instantly casing a jump and then nursing myself back to the truck. That place broke me. It was about that time I switched to road biking!

• msg
    You were probably ridin' harder than I was!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Woah. Do you weld and fab Dave? That thing's cool. Was it comfortable?

There was a couple down here at the Oceanfront a few seasons ago one Fall who had these three wheelers that were really low to the ground. Said they used to take them up to the mountains? I forget how many gears they said they had, but they said they were able to run them geared so low that they could climb without much bother. They were really smooth and fast too. Rolled forever. Kinda like the old Green Machine :)
    verb wrote: »
    This was a fun project. Took a mediocre Trek recumbent and converted in to a full suspension with hydraulic disc brakes! Did a century on this guy back in the day! :smile:
    gdgla92s95aa.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • verb
    Hey Scott, no just swapped out components. The bike already had provisions for disc brakes, which was a nice surprise, no welding necessary! :smile:

Very comfortable over the long haul. Lessons learned was to use clip on pedals, to position your legs, otherwise you have to use muscles to keep the feet on the pedals! I realized that at about mile 50! :smile:
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I JUST gave away an old carbon seatpost!

27.2 Niner carbon.
  • Upstatemax
    Here are mine:

Niner Jet 9 RDO (patiently awaiting USPS to get its stuff together:

ugphcyn3fncv.jpeg

Niner Air 9 RDO:

xavghqd7wkin.jpeg

Niner BSB 9 RDO:

zm81yhgy5eyr.jpeg

The Air 9 is mostly used by my wife at this point. I’m just having way too much fun on the Jet 9. But I took the Air 9 out on Saturday since USPS failed to deliver my new free hub grease on time. I still like it and it is a great bike, but the Jet 9 is just an amazing all around performer.

Contemplating some new wheels for the Jet, some of the I9 stuff looks outstanding...

• stangman67
    Nice set of niners there. I have dabbled in mountain biking, had a specialized enduro for awhile but. I seem to just hurt myself.

I considered a Niner gravel bike but they certainly seems to demand a pretty penny for their bikes at the same spec as others. I paid less than half for my felt cross bike than a similarly speced niner would cost. Must be doing something right though

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Man! You guys have some nice bikes! I've posted mine on Joey's watch thread some months back. Its an old like new Cannondale. I'm trying to get back into it. I used to work at a shop and used to do weekly road group rides. I was trying to get into the off road thing some years back before I moved to IN from MI. I can't believe how long I've been out of it. I really need to get back on the bike for my mind and body. When I get some miles in, maybe next year I'll go carbon for the first time.
    WLDock wrote: »
    4fn30n4tr6ve.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Upstatemax
    I’m a big fan of Niner. Their geometry and bike set up just seems to work for me.

Canyon is another company to check out if you’re looking for a lot of bike for the $$.

Yeah, I definitely hurt myself more on the mountain bikes! But I just find it way too fun to stop.
  • stangman67
    I’ve been drooling over canyon ultimate slx’s of late. Hard to spend 5gs on a bike though. I do like the stuff Felt has to offer though so I have some loyalty with them

• msg
    WLDock wrote: »
    on the bike for my mind and body
    This is what it's all about for me, too. Like magic. You can't buy that feeling.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Trek Domane SL5 for me.

Very comfortable roadie

Old pic

220e6ryvr2v2.png

I've been off the road bike for about a month now after some eye surgery but I am now cleared to go. Now I might wait another week or so for the snow birds to gtf home. They will run you over and then back over you again

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Upstatemax
    No way Mikey, I want those snow birds to stay right there.

Otherwise they come home and try to run me over!
  • Mikey081057
    Here they come

8qfmkddtwgkc.png

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • msg
    But can we do anything about the Bieber Geese? Where the heck's @mikeyb128 ? I think he's in charge of them.
    No one seems to want those green cheese curl factories.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Upstatemax
    edited April 2019
    Those Geese are the frigging worst!

They make a mess all over my local gravel trail and once they have their goslings, become mean as hell and they are ALL OVER the trails.

You know it’s bad when you would rather risk getting hit by a car than to deal with the geese.

Don’t get me started on the idiots on horseback...
  • Mikey081057
    edited April 2019
    I've seen a few of these

d04gydp5nnp8.png

They eat geese for breakfast.... Literally

• Upstatemax
    When I biked shark valley years ago, it was awesome to see all the gators!

Definitely a place you want to keep an eye on the trail ahead!
  • Mikey081057
    Shark Valley will definitely cure your fear of gators...I think i read that nobody has ever been attacked in the history of the park... When I was there a few years ago there was a BIIIIGGGG gator lying across almost the entire road... there was about 1 foot behind him and about 1 foot in front of him. I'll have to find the picture of him.

There were about a dozen cyclists there stopped and I wiggled my way to the front and watched him just sit there for a few minutes... I said F it and said "I'm just going to go right behind him..." One of the other cyclists said "Is that safe?" and I said "Perfectly safe... Alligators can't back up..." and I got up some speed and flew right past the tip of his tail...I turned around and then saw the rest of the riders follow... some were screaming and making noises... The guy who asked me if it was safe said..."Wow that was amazing that you knew that gators can't back up...thanks for letting us all in on that" and I said " I just made that shlt up" and rode on down the road.

I must have seen 100+ gators that day but that one big one had to be like 14'. I'll have to do it again...