Bike Show off Thread!

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    verb wrote: »
    Voodoo Canzo all custom build! One of my faves, still have this guy! :smile:
    ay6u4mr3am3c.png

Those wheels!!! just WOW!!!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Just an old Rock Hopper here.rftx26bo355l.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    That Rockhopper is very similar to the Rockhopper frame that’s hanging on the wall in my listening room!

Next to the Stumpjumper frame...
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited June 2019
    That Rockhopper brings back bike shop memories of the late 80's early 90's. Back during college years I was a bike mechanic, sales person. We used to sell Specialized, Trek, & GT ATB's. Man, that was the most fun job I ever had. So many stories and I got to build up tons of bikes. I miss that part.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Upstatemax
    a3xorhjshhv0.jpeg

I have a habit of not selling off my old stuff...

They are important to me. Lots of amazing memories attached to every frame.

Not sure how many frames I can get up there before my wife looses her mind!
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    The latest addition to the stable... and my first recumbent, a relatively rare but older Greenspeed GLR and the road bike a 2012 CF Specialized Roubaix. I love this time of year!

a0l3dr5wtel1.jpg

2fa9s2il20qf.jpg
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Did some work on the “daily” today. Stock crankset is an el cheap o square taper variety with a standard cartridge square taper bottom bracket. And with a 40t front ring, I can realistically only use 7 of the back 9 gears on the stock cassette on the daily commute. Getting up to 25-30 on this thing is a very rare occurrence

I replaced the stock bb/crank set with a Shimano Zee hollowtech 2 type crankset with 36t ring and shimano external bottom bracket. Also installed a chain guide. Bought the requisite tools and $120 later I am off running with a much higher quality crank/bb combo. Looks way better as well

oo5ej4ii65pe.jpeg
    ur83khy4b4b9.jpeg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Upstatemax
    That’s a BEEFY crank for a commuter!
  • stangman67
    Yea it’s a downhill crank lol. Definitely overkill but it was the cheapest name brand crank I could find that met my criteria. 90 bucks for the crankset and bb combo

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    machone wrote: »
    Just an old Rock Hopper here.rftx26bo355l.jpg

Well I'll be a Rockhopper with a Ridgid Fork, nice bike I got one hanging in the Garage I believe that's back when they had exage components, the local Specialized store had a StumpJumper with a Ridgid Fork with XTR derailleurs early 80s model.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Upstatemax
    My wife went out on an actual mountain bike ride with me last night!

It was slow, and full of profanity from her, but at dinner after the ride she said “you know what, that was fun!”

Haha.

On some of the descents I informed her I’m going to ride my normal pace, just meet me at the bottom. She watched me go down and then I got an earful about how she is the one that’s going to have to take care of me when I’m a quadriplegic”...
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I went out with my 6yr old daughter on Sunday. We only ended up doing about 3kms in the trails but her confidence went from way low to super high. At first she was scared and going all over the place on the single track. After about 15 mins she was going like nobody's business. Sure there were hills too steep to climb and descend for her and some obstacles she couldn't do but that didn't stop her. we walked our bikes in those areas. Near the end, she was riding and using her brakes to control and not putting her feet down. I was and still am so proud of her.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I am actually thinking about putting in a bid on Ebay for this:
    khd5laaihvbv.png
    I also just tested out a Trek Checkpoint ALR 5 at a local bike shop which was sweet....more expensive, but probably a safer purchase.
  • stangman67
    I liked my f40x. It’s s Tom of bike for the price. I paid 850 new for mine all said and done, mine just didn’t work out for what I wanted it to be

• stangman67
    I’d buy this from piermont bikes though. It’s the next model up in the felt cyclocross line. Colors are polarizing but I like the. Actually. I’ve bought two new closeout felt bikes through them. Id bet they’d take a 1050 offer too. Way more bike for the same cost. Beware you will need it to be build though unless you are familiar with derailleur tuning

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/392244664334

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited July 2019
    If I could get over the purple....looks like my local bike shop charges 100.00 to assemble a bike. Wonder if I could find a new Felt sticker for the bottom tube
  • stangman67
    I think you could get over the colors! It’s a ton of bike for the money, don’t think there is anything out there close for the price bracket. Hydro 105 kit groupset at about a grand is unheard of from a reputable brand and seller

• DoneandGone
    DoneandGone Posts: 74
    edited July 2019
    kwppsfzbufss.jpeg
    How about bright orange?
    Is that accommodating toward your colour pallette?
    Post edited by DoneandGone on
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • stangman67
    I packed up my Felt fr5 and sent it off to the pros closet yesterday in the anticipation of a new road bike coming in the next week or so :)

• Upstatemax
    What’s replacing it?
  • stangman67
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0. Dura Ace mechanical / DT Swiss carbon wheels. The whole shebang. Should be under 15 pounds with pedals and mounts I hope

• Upstatemax
    SWEET bike!

Can’t wait to hear what you think of it. Carbon wheels are near the top of the list for future upgrades to my BSB.

Canyon makes some awesome bikes. Glad you pulled the trigger!
  • Mines’ 18lb and has a Dura Ace groupset. Super sweet. My problem is I am 218lb and keep on getting the feeling the whole bike will crush under me during high speed. Have to trust in the materials....but man, it’s hard. 24 spokes on the rear is also pushing the material stresses
    Audio Room
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    PS Audio receptacle
  • stangman67
    I’m about 190. Never gotten any type of indication that any of my bikes were uncomfortable with my weight. I really started road biking at 220 on a full Carbon bike and still no issues there.

• Well, that’s great news to hear knowing there’s other ‘heavier set’ guys that put trust in super light bikes. I might just push it that little bit harder.
    Audio Room
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    PS Audio receptacle
  • Upstatemax
    Road bikes can get tricky.

I would look up weight limits on individual parts.

I’ve seen plenty of road components have weight limits around 190lbs.
  • Oh no, now I am panicking again. Problem is can’t find any intel on Claymore wheels and the custom frame. I suppose it’s just the wheels that are the real problem. Already had the bike into the shop to tighten spokes
    Audio Room
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    PS Audio receptacle
  • Training to do the triple crown next year...and when I did Cypress Mountain the other week, the descent frightened the life out of me!!
    https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/ridesevents/48-hours-in/48-hours-vancouver-triple-crown/
    I am such a ****!
    Audio Room
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    PS Audio receptacle
  • Upstatemax
    Almost every part will have a weight limit.

Frames are usually pretty high, within reason.

Wheels, saddles, seatpost and stems are usually the ones I pay attention to the most. But they are usually pretty robust as long as you’re not looking at racing gear.

As an example, my old Ergon saddle with carbon rails had a weight limit of 190lbs.

How long have you been riding on those wheels?
  • stangman67
    Unless you are talking real specialty carbon parts, I wouldn’t worry at your weight. I rode Mavic ksyrium elite wheels on my felt, they had a 220lb (total with bike weight) limit and I rode them at 220lbs + 17 or so for the bike and they never broke a sweat, those are some very light wheels as well.