Bike Show off Thread!

Options

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Now if the bike legitimately feels like it’s going to break, maybe time to look elsewhere for peace of mind. Or maybe take a spin on someone else’s ride and compare, it that Cunningham steel or aluminum?
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • DoneandGone
    Options
    Scandium Aluminium main frame, carbon forks and rear stays. Doesn’t ‘feel’ like its going to break, just I hear so many comments (mainly unfounded opinions) its hard to ignore.
    Audio Room
    PS Audio Perfectwave DAC MK2, Bridge 1 streaming perfectly now B)
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    Dual Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subs
    PS Audio receptacle
    3 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    PS Audio power, interconnects and speaker cables
    Homemade sound absorption
    Lots of blocks for weight and a red single listening chair
  • DoneandGone
    Options
    Only done 400km since buying from a reputable guy, lives a couple of doors down from Ray Cunningham himself. He only did about 300km on it and is about 160lb....but 74 yr old. An incredible guy and looks incredibly young. Just goes to show what happens when staying fit. He has one of Eddy Merckx’s original tour bike.
    Audio Room
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    PS Audio receptacle
  • stangman67
    Options
    She came today :)

k0t7jvbq0kal.jpeg
    ygm6urlb6ork.jpeg

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Very nice!

I pulled a Froome this morning and had a random gust of wind redirect my front wheel off the side of the road. I was riding really close to the edge of the road anyway since it’s a fairly busy road and I like to give cars as much room as I can.

The front wheel went off the pavement and into really sandy, loose dirt that dropped off. I saw the crash coming and I had just enough time to unclip and ditch the bike as it washed out from under me and try to crash as gracefully as possible.

Luckily the only real damage was just to the left shifter blade and a slight bend to the front rotor.

Front rotor is already corrected, can’t do much about the blade though. Thankfully it’s just superficial damage.

beucmzmta4lk.jpeg
  • stangman67
    Options
    Oh that’s not bad at all. Those shifters will take a ton of abuse. My 105 shifters got real damaged in a crash and still functioned perfectly for a thousand miles after until I sold the bike. I’m sure they will still go strong for a long time to come

• Upstatemax
    Options
    100%.

I avoided a lot more damage since I ditched the bike. If I went down with the bike and had my force behind it, it would have been a lot worse...

Thanks to my mountain biking I’ve learned how to crash!

Haha
  • stangman67
    Options
    Yea I took a real hard crash on the felt. Luckily my pedals disengaged or the frame probably would have snapped. Did way more damage to myself than to the bike which was nice lol.

Got up and did a 6am rode on the canyon this morning (trying to avoid this asinine 115 heat index). This thing is a rocket ship. I noodled most of the time and pr’ed every Strava segment on my 25 mile ride. And I’ve done this ride a few dozen times. Saddle might need to go (Fizik Antares) as my sensitive region was very uncomfortable. I’ll give it a few more rides and see if I can settle in, otherwise will be going back to my trusty prologo

• Upstatemax
    Options
    Nice.

Yeah, saddles are the first thing to go on any bike I get.

Specialized Phenom Expert is my go to saddle.
  • DoneandGone
    Options
    Your Canyon looks like a very mean bean machine. Love the style.
    Audio Room
    Marantz SM-11S1
    Foundation Research LC2
    Kef XQ1 bookshelves
    PS Audio receptacle
  • stangman67
    Options
    Your Canyon looks like a very mean bean machine. Love the style.

Thanks man. It’s a very fast bike. I’ve only gotten 50 miles on it so far, so far so good. Replaced the saddle with a prologo nago eco pas (carbon rails) saddle today and even better

• stangman67
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Done 120 miles on the canyon in the past 8 days. Love putting the miles on it, really a great riding machine. My pioneer power meter reads about 10 percent lower than the Stages meter on my felt. That’s definitely a kick to the ego but I’ve been averaging 19-20 mph on pretty much every ride on the canyon so far so I’m pretty sure the pioneer just reads low.

Getting much faster and my legs are really feeling better each ride. A year and a half ago I weighed 250 and couldn’t even walk without being tired and/or sweating. I’m under 190 today and by far the best shape I’ve been in since my high school football playing days.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, that is a major accomplishment and definitely something to be proud of.

I keep checking this thread and hope to be posting a photo in it soon...
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    kj75h0r702zo.jpg
    5a047kdm44qh.jpg

Part of my son's new room decor for his 8th birthday
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Scandium Aluminium main frame, carbon forks and rear stays. Doesn’t ‘feel’ like its going to break, just I hear so many comments (mainly unfounded opinions) its hard to ignore.

I'm 6'2" 210lbs and never had any structural issues. Both carbon, and scandium frames. Even all aluminum ones. True that most manufacturers "limit" the maximun weight typically to 180lbs, but all components IMO are over designed. In my biz we call it a "factor of safety" up to 25% over the rated limit, to cover themselves, as they really can't predict all testing scenarios.

Unless you're a crazy rider, doing a lot of jumps and drops, you'll be fine! :smile:

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    My bike for serious riding was a Motobécane Grand Touring that I purchased in 1977. My nephew has it now. I still have the Warranty and Certification Card. Motobécane was purchased by Yamaha in 1981.
    89f7iv3xci1v.jpg

I had a few of these bikes years ago. I was in a "get rid of everything store" and saw 30-40 of them in boxes. I decided to buy several to sell on eBay. It was after his episode in the theater. Purchased them in Cedartown GA.

mtjozmcgq3zj.gif
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    Options
    My 1951 Raleigh 3 speed, "The All Steel Bicycle". It matches the hand-me-down bike I had when I was a kid, which, sadly, was stolen when I left it unlocked at the library. I love this one for its traditions, durability, the memories it evokes, and its straightforward, no nonsense looks.qebe3g9x10q1.jpg
    5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    Well, temptation bites again!

Placed an order for an Ultegra build Niner RLT 9 RDO.

My wife wants the BSB 9 RDO that the RLT is replacing. She is trying to get into cycling!
  • stangman67
    Options
    Looks to be a well apexes price and the price is not as outlandish as I was expecting being a niner. Should be a good gravel rig. Somedays I wish I had a nice light bike I would feel comfortable riding in the rain and much (something I refuse to do on purpose with the canyon)

• Upstatemax
    Options
    I rarely ride pure road. I hate sharing the road with most motorists now. Many simply don’t pay attention or refuse to give you any decency.

Like passing within inches or passing on blind turns/uphills...

I hit gravel roads and trails ASAP!

I’ll most likely put the Conti Grand Prix 4 Seasons on the RLT, it’s an awesome tire!

I’m waiting for Conti to release it in a tubless version, that would be the perfect tire for me.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    br3r11kujzo6.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    gfclolkq7j15.jpg

Halfway through a 185 mile day ride from OKC.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    So is it a pond or a creek...inquiring minds want to know
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0. Dura Ace mechanical / DT Swiss carbon wheels. The whole shebang. Should be under 15 pounds with pedals and mounts I hope
    stangman67 wrote: »
    She came today :)
    k0t7jvbq0kal.jpeg
    ygm6urlb6ork.jpeg

Damn is that nice!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    So is it a pond or a creek...inquiring minds want to know

Pond Creek is the name of a town in northern Oklahoma. Don't know why it got that name...
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    dmy4gvxpytlf.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • sundeios
    sundeios Posts: 12
    Options
    And thanks! Spend quite a bit of time in the saddle, so I like keeping decent bikes around. It’s the only workout I genuinely enjoy
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    Got the new bike in yesterday!

It’s awesome!

Spent a bunch of time setting the BSB up for the wife and then setting up the RLT for myself so I did not get much time on the new bike last night.

Got a decent little ride in tonight after work with the wife though! She likes to do a 15-18 mile loop and then stop at a Mexican restaurant for a bite and margaritas.

I’m definitely putting the Conti 4 Seasons on this bike and I hate the bar that came on it. I’m ordering my trusty Zipp SL70 Ergo bar this weekend.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Let’s see it!

• Upstatemax
    Options
    Right before a ride this morning:

hpilcq9fjgw7.jpeg

Should have the new bars by Wednesday and it will be perfect!