What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice looking setup! And the office chair with wheels so you can work on the computer, then go back to your listening position! :smile: Well thought out!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Setup looks good @mlistens03
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    DSkip wrote: »
    Are there Doritos bags and Mountain Dew cansunder the bed? I see no issues with your setup and nothing to laugh at. I have clients who spend good money who don’t have a setup as clean as yours.

I had some M&M's briefly last week... ;) whenever I do eat stuff up here, I don't leave the trash behind after my friend had cockroaches. Those things freak me out.
    I guess I thought the entertaining part would be the turntable in a lower shelf. Seems that isn't disliked in the least however. :)
    verb wrote: »
    Nice looking setup! And the office chair with wheels so you can work on the computer, then go back to your listening position! :smile: Well thought out!

That was the original idea! But the rack was a bit tall, so I have a little folding table that I should just about the perfect height, and a long USB cable. :)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Agree with Skip on that .... you want these on your SDA’s.
    y2tuvagzxvz0.jpeg

Show off...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited April 2019
    It has been nearly a decade since the project began and every time I look at them, they still bring a huge smile.... and the granite makes them look as spectacular today as they did when they were new.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Rebuilt the stereo the other day. don't laugh... ;)
    c30ruwft5zxb.jpg
    Lol, so far I actually really like it. It doesn't look particularly great, but it will be better. It's useful for doing school, etc. I use a little folding table in front of where my chair is at while using the computer. The keyboard and mouse are wireless, but I need a USB Bluetooth adaptor for it to work. But once I get one, I'll stash them away in a drawer or something when they aren't in use.
    KEFs are sounding better than ever, finally got them really tuned in, and found where they sound best in the room.

Before anyone asks, yes, I have been using the turntable. I realized that since the top is broken, I can put it in a lower shelf. There's probably some kind of acoustic drawback to this, but oh well. ;)
    Thoughts? :)

I don't see a reason to laugh....not one bit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Guaranteed it sounds better than my room/setup.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Good job, it looks great, enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    If that rack was made out of cinder blocks and pine 1X12's, a lot of us would've chuckled for nostalgic sake. Maybe even 2X12s were used for shelving too.

I'm sure a few of us built cinder block racks back before they even made stereo racks separately.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I tuned my basement rig on to warm up the Cary! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • audioluvr
    edited April 2019
    Just got my Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's back from the factory. I bought a 1.5 m pair of XLR's and had them make a pair of 1.0m XLR's and a pair of 0.5m pair of RCA IC's out of them. All installed and testing them out. Noticeable difference between them and the monoprice IC's for sure. Jamming out to Juno Reactor (Thanks Dave...) It's really freaking me out.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Guaranteed it sounds better than my room/setup.

Really? Those PMCs are pretty great speakers, plus you got good stuff behind them.
    Willow wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Rebuilt the stereo the other day. don't laugh... ;)
    c30ruwft5zxb.jpg
    Lol, so far I actually really like it. It doesn't look particularly great, but it will be better. It's useful for doing school, etc. I use a little folding table in front of where my chair is at while using the computer. The keyboard and mouse are wireless, but I need a USB Bluetooth adaptor for it to work. But once I get one, I'll stash them away in a drawer or something when they aren't in use.
    KEFs are sounding better than ever, finally got them really tuned in, and found where they sound best in the room.

Before anyone asks, yes, I have been using the turntable. I realized that since the top is broken, I can put it in a lower shelf. There's probably some kind of acoustic drawback to this, but oh well. ;)
    Thoughts? :)

I don't see a reason to laugh....not one bit.

I thought he told your table in a lower shelf would be A cause laughter, but I guess not! :)
    Tony M wrote: »
    If that rack was made out of cinder blocks and pine 1X12's, a lot of us would've chuckled for nostalgic sake. Maybe even 2X12s were used for shelving too.

I'm sure a few of us built cinder block racks back before they even made stereo racks separately.

I had that for a while, but it looked really bad, and I found the Salamander and went for it. :)

Remember, without y'all I'd be listening to a HTIB right now, so you guys are a big reason for how sweet my stereo is. :)
    Thanks!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Just got my Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's back from the factory. I bought a 1.5 m pair of XLR's and had them make a pair of 1.0m XLR's and a pair of 0.5m pair of RCA IC's out of them. All installed and testing them out. Noticeable difference between them and the monoprice IC's for sure. Jamming out to Juno Reactor (Thanks Dave...) It's really freaking me out.

What does WW charge for re-termination? . . . and is it extra for XLR? TIA
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • audioluvr
    edited April 2019
    uj2ck0oz12b2.jpg
    They charged me $200 for this. I sent one case and got back 2 and 2 cool bumper stickers!
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s a pretty decent deal
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I added 3 more of these yesterday for a total of 5 now. With only 2 plugged in the change was barely if it all noticeable. But now with all 5 plugged in there is an unmistakable improvement on all sources.

evpz7n2csxuc.jpg
  • audioluvr
    Instructions say to place then near the source of noise. I noticed it went berserk when I plugged it in the same outlet as my fridge when it was running. Not sure if that did anything for my sound but it made the kitchen look like a disco at night (until I covered up the light with aluminum foil tape).
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Yes on a couple of my lines they will go "beserk" to. But on my 3 dedicated circuits all 3 harvesters blink very slowly. On non dedicated lines near the rig they do blink furiously. Another thing I used them for is to find which one of my 120 legs has more noise than the other. Originally I was using the noisier of the 2 legs for my rig's power so I switched legs to the quieter one which helped a bit more. Every little bit helps.
  • audioluvr
    Another thing I used them for is to find which one of my 120 legs has more noise than the other.

Good idea!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Hooked a Pangea AC-14SE up to my PS Audio DAC. Hearing a little more clarity and detail.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Turned the rig on for the first time in 2 weeks. No point in listening when your ears are plugged from a sinus infection.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Turned the rig on for the first time in 2 weeks. No point in listening when your ears are plugged from a sinus infection.

What?

>:)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Hooked up SVS SoundPath speaker cables.

rrl2celrca0l.jpg

8jeoro04c7j9.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    Got myself to less that an hour's work to complete the Dreadnaught upgrade for my SDA's... I need to install the terminal plate for the left channel and I will be good to go.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Couldn't sleep so I just stayed with it and got it done.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922

I guess it might depend on whether one listens to music or sound.
    I mean, Beethoven was essentially deaf in his old age, but that didn't seem to stop him :p
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    edited April 2019
    Changed the speaker cables from AZ Satori to Audioquest Oaks and added some basic Signal Cable silver resolutions RCA's to the mix. Improved transparency and bass
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Did you do them both at the same time @dhart86 ?
    Otherwise how do you know the AQs were better than the Satoris?
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Did you do them both at the same time @dhart86 ?
    Otherwise how do you know the AQs were better than the Satoris?

I had been using the Satori(s) previously but swapped the AQ(s) for assessment. I wasn't impressed w/ the supposed upgrade so I then put in the Silver resolution interconnects. At that point the synergy in the rig peaked. To make sure the improvement wasn't just due to the interconnect swap, I left them in and then tried the combo with the Satori(s). With the Satori(s) installed, the rig sounded better than the original set-up, but not as good as with the AQ's
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)