What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 6,018
    Agree with Skip on that .... you want these on your SDA’s.
    y2tuvagzxvz0.jpeg

John you can never sell those. With all that history, personal and all, behind them, it's almost like one of your kids! Twins in fact! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 368
    Spent the past couple of days listening to the new to me Triton Reference speakers. They seem to be still breaking in but so far I like what I hear. Everything I liked about the Triton Ones these do better. They appear to need a little more on the volume knob. With the Ones I would hang out around the 9-10 o'clock setting but Reference are more in the realm of 10-11 o'clock.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 4B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65-Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Yamaha CX-A5100
    Amp: Parasound A21, A31, A51
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB13 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Rocket 88, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR75X940D
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,888
    New amp in the system today, MastersounD Dueventi! I was hesitant moving to 20 watts, afraid I was loose impact. It didn't even take a full song to remove that fear

I'm told the fear is unwarranted. However . . . that's my fear, as well ...
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 205
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 206
    GlennDog wrote: »
    New amp in the system today, MastersounD Dueventi! I was hesitant moving to 20 watts, afraid I was loose impact. It didn't even take a full song to remove that fear

I'm told the fear is unwarranted. However . . . that's my fear, as well ...
    It's obviously system and room dependent. I'm in a fairly small room (sitting about 10 feet away and speakers near the front wall), and my speakers are 90db efficiency with a horn top end. On paper it works. In reality it works even better than I'd expected.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,145
    Waaaahahahaaaaa!!! :p

Looks fantastic, but when you ask us not to laugh.... well that just happens to be the first thing I do.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • halohalo Posts: 4,987
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Rebuilt the stereo the other day. don't laugh... ;)
    Lol, so far I actually really like it. It doesn't look particularly great, but it will be better. It's useful for doing school, etc. I use a little folding table in front of where my chair is at while using the computer. The keyboard and mouse are wireless, but I need a USB Bluetooth adaptor for it to work. But once I get one, I'll stash them away in a drawer or something when they aren't in use.
    KEFs are sounding better than ever, finally got them really tuned in, and found where they sound best in the room.

Before anyone asks, yes, I have been using the turntable. I realized that since the top is broken, I can put it in a lower shelf. There's probably some kind of acoustic drawback to this, but oh well. ;)
    Thoughts? :)

Glad you're liking the KEF's more and more (I feel the same way).

As long as it sounds good to you, then that's all that really matters. Kick back, relax, and enjoy!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,515
    edited April 7
    Waaaahahahaaaaa!!! :p

Looks fantastic, but when you ask us not to laugh.... well that just happens to be the first thing I do.

:/

Lol, I was really expecting it.
    (Also, that part was really a joke, know it looks pretty dumb lol :D )
    Micah
    If you're reading this, I've put up devices for a week; maybe more. I'll talk you guys later!
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Nice looking setup! And the office chair with wheels so you can work on the computer, then go back to your listening position! :smile: Well thought out!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,024
    Setup looks good @mlistens03
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,661
    Are there Doritos bags and Mountain Dew cansunder the bed? I see no issues with your setup and nothing to laugh at. I have clients who spend good money who don’t have a setup as clean as yours.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    DSkip wrote: »
    Are there Doritos bags and Mountain Dew cansunder the bed? I see no issues with your setup and nothing to laugh at. I have clients who spend good money who don’t have a setup as clean as yours.

I had some M&M's briefly last week... ;) whenever I do eat stuff up here, I don't leave the trash behind after my friend had cockroaches. Those things freak me out.
    I guess I thought the entertaining part would be the turntable in a lower shelf. Seems that isn't disliked in the least however. :)
    verb wrote: »
    Nice looking setup! And the office chair with wheels so you can work on the computer, then go back to your listening position! :smile: Well thought out!

That was the original idea! But the rack was a bit tall, so I have a little folding table that I should just about the perfect height, and a long USB cable. :)
    Micah
    If you're reading this, I've put up devices for a week; maybe more. I'll talk you guys later!
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,128
    Agree with Skip on that .... you want these on your SDA’s.
    y2tuvagzxvz0.jpeg

Show off...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    800 Va Dreadnought- Speaker Interconnect
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,145
    edited April 8
    It has been nearly a decade since the project began and every time I look at them, they still bring a huge smile.... and the granite makes them look as spectacular today as they did when they were new.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,429
    c30ruwft5zxb.jpg
    Lol, so far I actually really like it. It doesn't look particularly great, but it will be better. It's useful for doing school, etc. I use a little folding table in front of where my chair is at while using the computer. The keyboard and mouse are wireless, but I need a USB Bluetooth adaptor for it to work. But once I get one, I'll stash them away in a drawer or something when they aren't in use.
    KEFs are sounding better than ever, finally got them really tuned in, and found where they sound best in the room.

Before anyone asks, yes, I have been using the turntable. I realized that since the top is broken, I can put it in a lower shelf. There's probably some kind of acoustic drawback to this, but oh well. ;)

I don't see a reason to laugh....not one bit.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,416
    Guaranteed it sounds better than my room/setup.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,277
    Good job, it looks great, enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,723
    If that rack was made out of cinder blocks and pine 1X12's, a lot of us would've chuckled for nostalgic sake. Maybe even 2X12s were used for shelving too.

I'm sure a few of us built cinder block racks back before they even made stereo racks separately.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    I tuned my basement rig on to warm up the Cary! :smile:
    edited April 8
    Just got my Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's back from the factory. I bought a 1.5 m pair of XLR's and had them make a pair of 1.0m XLR's and a pair of 0.5m pair of RCA IC's out of them. All installed and testing them out. Noticeable difference between them and the monoprice IC's for sure. Jamming out to Juno Reactor (Thanks Dave...) It's really freaking me out.
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Guaranteed it sounds better than my room/setup.

Really? Those PMCs are pretty great speakers, plus you got good stuff behind them.
    Willow wrote: »
    c30ruwft5zxb.jpg

I don't see a reason to laugh....not one bit.

I thought he told your table in a lower shelf would be A cause laughter, but I guess not! :)
    Tony M wrote: »
    If that rack was made out of cinder blocks and pine 1X12's, a lot of us would've chuckled for nostalgic sake. Maybe even 2X12s were used for shelving too.

I'm sure a few of us built cinder block racks back before they even made stereo racks separately.

I had that for a while, but it looked really bad, and I found the Salamander and went for it. :)

Remember, without y'all I'd be listening to a HTIB right now, so you guys are a big reason for how sweet my stereo is. :)
    Thanks!
    Micah
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,888
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Just got my Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's back from the factory. I bought a 1.5 m pair of XLR's and had them make a pair of 1.0m XLR's and a pair of 0.5m pair of RCA IC's out of them. All installed and testing them out. Noticeable difference between them and the monoprice IC's for sure. Jamming out to Juno Reactor (Thanks Dave...) It's really freaking me out.

What does WW charge for re-termination? . . . and is it extra for XLR? TIA
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 205
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
    edited April 8
    uj2ck0oz12b2.jpg
    They charged me $200 for this. I sent one case and got back 2 and 2 cool bumper stickers!
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,552
    That’s a pretty decent deal
    SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

POWER - PS AUDIO M700, LINN LK240, MARANTZ SR5013

PRE/DACS - PS AUDIO STELLAR GAIN, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXN V2

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

MISC- OKKI NOKKI RCM, HARMONY ELITE, SONY 75XBR900E
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,151
    I added 3 more of these yesterday for a total of 5 now. With only 2 plugged in the change was barely if it all noticeable. But now with all 5 plugged in there is an unmistakable improvement on all sources.

evpz7n2csxuc.jpg
    Instructions say to place then near the source of noise. I noticed it went berserk when I plugged it in the same outlet as my fridge when it was running. Not sure if that did anything for my sound but it made the kitchen look like a disco at night (until I covered up the light with aluminum foil tape).
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,151
    Yes on a couple of my lines they will go "beserk" to. But on my 3 dedicated circuits all 3 harvesters blink very slowly. On non dedicated lines near the rig they do blink furiously. Another thing I used them for is to find which one of my 120 legs has more noise than the other. Originally I was using the noisier of the 2 legs for my rig's power so I switched legs to the quieter one which helped a bit more. Every little bit helps.
    Another thing I used them for is to find which one of my 120 legs has more noise than the other.

Good idea!
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,182
    Hooked a Pangea AC-14SE up to my PS Audio DAC. Hearing a little more clarity and detail.