What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    Good thing he's got about 20 days till Axpona, lol
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Burn-in schmurn-in. Play that music.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I looked over at my Pre and the volume was on 25... not 24 or 26.... I knew something sounded odd.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited March 2019
    Did a frequency sweep in my listening room. It drops SIGNIFICANTLY at 43 hz. Not fun.

SDA 2Bs (recapped) - Adcom GFA-545 (recapped)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,189
    audioluvr wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Perhaps, one day, you will realize MOSFETS aren't all they are cracked up to be..

Ha! Tell that to Nelson Pass...

Eh, he may like them but I do not. I like to turn on the rig and enjoy the music. Waiting up to three days for optimum sound is not my idea of what a rig should do for your listening enjoyment. We have a lot of lightning storms where I live and when I had my Odyssey Stratos, it took right at about 3 days for everything to come back into fruition...with everything getting WORSE on day two. So, if I had 2 lightning storms 3 days apart?

F that. That was the reason I got rid of it, even though it was a really nice sounding amplifier after 3 days.

Turn it on and enjoy the high fidelity music immediately is where I like to be.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Ah. We almost never get lightning so I guess I'm spoiled.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    Asked Jim McShane some questions & then sent him some $$

Listen & learn time upcoming.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 857
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Perhaps, one day, you will realize MOSFETS aren't all they are cracked up to be..

Ha! Tell that to Nelson Pass...

Eh, he may like them but I do not. I like to turn on the rig and enjoy the music. Waiting up to three days for optimum sound is not my idea of what a rig should do for your listening enjoyment. We have a lot of lightning storms where I live and when I had my Odyssey Stratos, it took right at about 3 days for everything to come back into fruition...with everything getting WORSE on day two. So, if I had 2 lightning storms 3 days apart?

F that. That was the reason I got rid of it, even though it was a really nice sounding amplifier after 3 days.

Turn it on and enjoy the high fidelity music immediately is where I like to be.

Tom

Tom, what are you running now?? Sorry if it's in your sig, I'm on my phone and can't see it....just curious
  • treitz3
    Hello, Gerres26. No, it's not in my signature. I am currently running a Musical Fidelity A3cr and am extremely happy with its sonic signature, linear frequency and finesse with a power punch that'll scare you at times. No issues turning it on and spinning some music with optimum sound immediately.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 857
    I hear you, I ran a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated for a while before moving to some other gear. Sounded great and still might have been my biggest bang for buck purchase in this hobby. I'm a couple combinations past the MF, I've gotten different sound...maybe not "better", just different.

Danny
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Did a frequency sweep in my listening room. It drops SIGNIFICANTLY at 43 hz. Not fun.

Do you have an idea why? That's a major frequency area to have a lack of.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    i4v22e69imm5.jpg
    These got booted out of the home theater and they had to go SOMEWHERE.

The "music hose" is an excellent sounding cable imo. So where did they end up going?

@motorstereo You are absolutely right and they're in the bedroom two channel system now.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I know I read a review that said the mono blocks sounded better separated then on top of each other, however this entire set up with half of the equipment on that rack that was on the left was very irritating to me because I do appreciate symmetry. So the trade-off is everything is all clumped together and the record player is now lower than ideal. But it still sounds really good and the biggest thing is I have my symmetry back.
    Plus the Niagara actually looks pretty slick sitting there

7sb9ug03vw38.jpeg
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Tony M wrote: »

Do you have an idea why? That's a major frequency area to have a lack of.

My assumption? Small room, overloaded with bass causing horrible standing waves and lack of room absorption. :)

Just a guess though.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Looks good, Joe. I've seen a number of setups with the TT placed in front of the TV like how you have it. Let us know how it works out in practice. It looks low in the photos, but maybe it's a different experience in the room.

Love that subtle backlight glow behind the TV.
  • joecoulson
    Thank You Drew. Listened to it last night and even with all that wiring back there, I have not gotten an increase in noise or phono feedback with this setup.
    The sound is better over all as the speakers have the distance between them and from the side walls as recommended. Am I losing some stereophonics with the M700’s on top of each other? Not sure but much better too to bottom sound with this setup.
    That light behind the tv is a very cool modular light bar setup from LIFX and can change to all colors and even display movement.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Put a Schiit Mani in. Have a lot of burning in to do. Trying some Morrow Audio cables too. So far so good.
    299vuee9as2f.jpeg
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • treitz3
    Man, I hope you break the balls toward the camera!!!

Tom
  • joecoulson
    That’s what she said?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    edited March 2019
    Great **** advice

Hmm, even that's edited, but maybe it's better that way

Now it's not edited, haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    JPete wrote: »
    Put a Schiit Mani in. Have a lot of burning in to do. Trying some Morrow Audio cables too. So far so good.
    299vuee9as2f.jpeg
    I like it... and the pool table is even equipped for oil wrestling!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Man, I hope you break the balls toward the camera!!!

Tom

I don’t actually... thought about it, but there’s a fireplace with big glass doors on the other side. Guess the time will come one way or another.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited March 2019
    I replaced the rather fumpy looking 5V4GA HV rectifier that's been in the "Simple 2A3" (JELabs via AK's Redboy) amplifier for the past year or so with an altogether much more shapely and pulchritudinous 5V4G.

Just because.

B)

46535478345_cca2d4b3b4_h.jpgDSC_4226 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I replaced the rather fumpy looking 5V4GA HV rectifier that's been in the "Simple 2A3" (JELabs via AK's Redboy) amplifier for the past year or so with an altogether much more shapely and pulchritudinous 5V4G.

Just because.

B)

You've got some good looking AQ Diamondback cables there Mark!!

(is this a good example of Bangorrhea?) :p
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    Wel, wel wel.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Wel, wel wel.....

Whaaaaaaa???

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    halo wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Just because.

B)

You've got some good looking AQ Diamondback cables there Mark!!

(is this a good example of Bangorrhea?) :p

Well played!!! :)

They -- ahem -- might be part of the great Polk Audio Forums Cable Demo 2019. I haven't looked them up, but it's entirely possible that they're worth more than all the stuff upstairs put together (for all I know). :)

I did get tired of all y'all makin' fun of the dump-find Monster cables that I used to use on that amp years back :)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2019
    031pv1nja1u9.jpg
    These will be used to connect from my preamp to the amplifiers... I should have them in a week or so.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Just enjoying it. It’s been on since Thursday night, so it is at optimum operation.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    I swapped out my old stand for a new $29 Walmart special. Everything looks much better, but now I've picked up a massive buzz in the Quad 12L active speakers. I've tried different interconnects, plugging the power into different conditioners/strips/the wall, and I've tried different power cables with no improvement. For now it's back to the LSIm 703s until I can figure this out.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W