What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I just rolled a new-to-me Transparent Audio Premium 110 ohm cable between my NSD Supremo and PSA PWTransport. . . so far more detail :)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    I finally hooked up one of these in my office rig to compliment the Quad 12L Actives. Now I just need to find a reasonably priced preamp to replace the aging Pioneer SC-1222. 2715267_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Installed a Emo XPA200 that @afterburnt gave me. Too long for my rack so I had to put it on a thick cutting board. Looks nice, built nice... Been warming up for an hour or so, tine to listen.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Congrats Cody...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist
    Congrats Cody...

Thanks... ;)

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    This was a few days ago, but I picked up a new rack from Marvin and got everything moved over.
    h4a9wu9h7s76.jpg
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    This is one of my mc1201's from earlier today. The meter was unevenly lit so today was the day I decided to find out why. Turns out there's 8 original incandescent bulbs behind the 5''x10'' meter and several of them were burnt out. Led replacements ordered and now the waiting starts.
    yldmwwwydff3.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Jeez, do you use an engine hoist to move that thing around?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^hmmm now that's not a bad idea. I'll have to look for a spot to mount a hook. Thankfully I did not have to lift it today but I dread the day that it does have to happen.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Love the Mac gear! Now I have to search for your complete setup pic! Somewhere here in CP. Somewhere. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • codycatalist
    Installed a Emo XPA200 that @afterburnt gave me. Too long for my rack so I had to put it on a thick cutting board. Looks nice, built nice... Been warming up for an hour or so, time to listen.

I do like how the Emo looks however it just doesn't mesh well with my set up. Something is just missing, weight, heft to the sound and presence isn't up to par with the GFA545. I am trying to give myself a couple days with it but might just throw the Adcom back in and see how the Emo likes the ERA D5s.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    People get mad for saying things about Emotiva gear like that, but this has been the finding of quite a few that have tried it. It may fare better with the Era's, but it is my suspicion you will find the same conclusion. The Sunfire 5/200 is similar in terms of lacking weight/heft...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I have found that to get any real soul from Emotiva, you have to get into the XPR series.

I went through UPAs and XPAs out the wazoo before finally springing for the XPR-5 and finally got what I wanted from the Emotiva.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I have found that to get any real soul from Emotiva, you have to get into the XPR series.

I went through UPAs and XPAs out the wazoo before finally springing for the XPR-5 and finally got what I wanted from the Emotiva.

The XPR and their current DR amps are where Emotiva shines. I also feel the Regular Gen3 amps are much warmer and a step up compared to the older generations.
    Also for a cheap 2 channel amp that performs. The X-300 is a great little amp.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited March 2019
    The meter was unevenly lit so today was the day I decided to find out why. Turns out there's 8 original incandescent bulbs behind the 5''x10'' meter and several of them were burnt out. Led replacements ordered and now the waiting starts.

Today I had a similar experience, but with a less desirable outcome . . .
    Meters on the pre were not illuminating. Owners manual says the festoon bulbs may need to be replaced occasionally. After discovering the local Battery n' Bulb store charges like $16 each, I ordered a few online. Received them today and after a ton of PITA stuff, discovered that both "light boxes" require replacement. Turns out owners manual is older/out-of-date. Newer light boxes have LEDs in 'em now ...

Anyone need some 12V 1.2W 6x24mm lamps?

Also, ordered a NOS Mullard 5AR4 for the PS B) to replace the lame Sovtek
    Post edited by GlennDog on
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • codycatalist
    People get mad for saying things about Emotiva gear like that, but this has been the finding of quite a few that have tried it. It may fare better with the Era's, but it is my suspicion you will find the same conclusion. The Sunfire 5/200 is similar in terms of lacking weight/heft...

I have heard some bashing on them but I don't feel it's a bad amplifier, just not a good mix with my equipment and sound preferences. I am sure they would sound good with certain speakers. The Era's are bass heavy already so they help fill in the gap from the amplifier. Granted this is a simple HT set up but it helped with the power hungry bookies.

• motorstereo

Today I had a similar experience, but with a less desirable outcome . . .
    Meters on the pre were not illuminating. Owners manual says the festoon bulbs may need to be replaced occasionally. After discovering the local Battery n' Bulb store charges like $16 each, I ordered a few online. Received them today and after a ton of PITA stuff, discovered that both "light boxes" require replacement. Turns out owners manual is older/out-of-date. Newer light boxes have LEDs in 'em now ...

Anyone need some 12V 1.2W 6x24mm lamps?

Also, ordered a NOS Mullard 5AR4 for the PS B) to replace the lame Sovtek[/quote]

Ouch those are expensive!! I had pretty much the same experience. Mine are 8918's. Audio Classic has originals at $9.00 each and an ebay seller had 12 for $40. Needing a total of 28 bulbs this didn't seem the way to go. After lots of searching I was able to find led equivalents for $6 for 10 for the panel bulbs and $20 for 15 of the meter bulbs. I've done the 12 panel bulbs and they came out great. Hopefully the meter bulbs look just as nice.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    joecoulson wrote: »
    qbkly9bfhxwb.jpeg

Very cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Thanks Steve
    They are SO much more powerful than the Linns - meaning at lower volumes they kick the bass out much harder. Have not tried ear bleeding levels yet as I wanted all to settle in.
    Not sure if you can tell, but I also installed a fan above the new Marantz to cool it during reference movie levels - stays cool!
  • joecoulson
    Acoustic Zens now connected to the new PS A M700’s
    @Mikey081057 these need to be next on your list (the mono’s)

kepl85mc349y.jpeg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Any audible improvement over the old ones, Joe?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Got my cables. But have to wait to hook them up.

p8waek87k6kb.jpeg

Got the A1 cause they meaty
    FWIW, Joe...your meat doesn't need steak sauce. Wait...that sounds weird.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    To be fair Tom, with the new amps and these, it’s going to have to be a swap later with the type 4’s going back in to make a accurate assessment
    Which I will do in a couple weeks.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2019
    To be fair Tom, with the new amps and these, it’s going to have to be a swap later with the type 4’s going back in to make a accurate assessment
    Which I will do in a couple weeks.

Joe,

I did the same thing after I bought the Type 4's to pit them against the Signal Cable Ultra speaker cables. The difference wasn't immediate but, when I swapped back the SC Ultra cables back in, the Type 4's sounded better to my ears, with/on my gear, in my listening environment.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10