What is your favorite Classic car?

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    e7d5b7u17167.gif

Viking64 wrote: »
    gqtpbvzlem6i.jpg

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    ssagfndog07h.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    Wrong thread Jimmy! Should be under the most "regrettable" classic cars ever made!

Reminds me of my college ride. Mine had an abundance of sheet metal repairs, with varying colors of primer. We caller her Spot! :smile:

The Ford Pinto!

:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQ-U-rnLdo
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Yep, they were renowned for that! Thank goodness my manual transmission blew up (not a drop of oil in it) in the middle of a snow storm and had to walk 5 miles back to the dorm! That was the end of Spot! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    g71gtm2af0vt.jpg

ca0nspiq1i6u.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Viking64 wrote: »
    gqtpbvzlem6i.jpg

Wrong thread Jimmy! Should be under the most "regrettable" classic cars ever made!

Reminds me of my college ride. Mine had an abundance of sheet metal repairs, with varying colors of primer. We caller her Spot! :smile:

The Ford Pinto!

xpqc6e96m5o8.png

One of my friends in high school would borrow his mothers new red Pinto station wagon 4-5speed & go to a steep hill across from high school & drive half way up hill & roll back & let loose. That Pinto took some abuse
    Randy/Maine
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2019
    Milito wrote: »
    g71gtm2af0vt.jpg

ca0nspiq1i6u.jpg

Both Photos are a work of art. I especially like the #3 on the back of the lower photo....that's where the #3 comes from in my moniker.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    F1nut wrote: »
    ssagfndog07h.jpg

Needs a few more winglets...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Both Photos are a work of art. I especially like the #3 on the back of the lower photo....that's where the #3 comes from in my moniker.

Tom

I thought your #3 came from The Intimidator
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    It did, John. The man. The one unfortunate event that died at the same time NASCAR did.

TBT...ain't been the same since. Same logo/#

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    611-TprzlZL._SX355_.jpg

RIP buddy. You will never be forgotten.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    afterburnt wrote: »
    This!cwy37rvtcv3e.jpg

The Hustler is a beautiful aircraft, but a classic car it ain't...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Legend goes that God wanted the best race car driver available for his team. He picked the best.

Tom
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @nooshinjohn that's the closest thing to a car that I like.
  • nooshinjohn
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @nooshinjohn that's the closest thing to a car that I like.

At least some one-hit wonder wont be jumping into the thread to ask if anything in this thread is for sale...…………………………………………………………………………...

• afterburnt
    Or maybe one of these with hydraulics? uiaol51lyixa.jpg
  • treitz3
    edited February 2019
    Let's keep a good thing going....

Title says it all brothers and sisters.....

PHOTOS REQUIRED on this thread. Cars is the topic!

Tom
  • treitz3
    gh47vh0cvwl2.jpeg

Freakin' NICE man. Rare and in solid, mint condition!

Tom
  • Milito
    edited February 2019
    w8wugvphi147.jpg
    hd1k1sy5y6jx.jpg
    in52f5q76zvi.jpg
    x7j54pj3hv6q.jpg
    x51sdnss2nn7.jpg
    158rhm1e159x.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    98p36a3ztys2.jpg
    zw3fx4c6xag6.jpg
    8bqnt00df6k2.jpg
    0limiz442pn9.jpg
    j2uk6aiobry9.jpg
    rocmj9h8agh2.jpg
    tc4fimgiwzzy.jpg
    0srucb8c2s0u.jpg
    sdlud14sis6n.jpg
    if5hhqjqrbcw.jpg
    iqkrbodtyow4.jpg
    i04blwifgox3.jpg
    pjq7ra271930.jpg
    70in9hxpu6dz.jpg
    hwygozgpmruw.jpg
    7tzhdzbdh6ye.jpg
    mrpa27v953fr.jpg
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    For me, my favorite has to have a personal connection.

1959 Chevrolet is the 1st car that I can remember Dad having back in the day. So when I found this guy, it really brought me home.

Resto modded, every time I think about this baby, now and during the restoration process, I go back in time and recall the wonderful memories as a kid! He's long gone, but thanks Dad! I love you!
    k91lwgfe1zuo.jpg
    acpfr6z6uxgg.jpg

I had a 1960 as my 1st car. It's still out there- I spotted it a few years ago
    when I was visiting my parents up north. Not my favorite, but still
    a car very different from most on the road.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    for some strange reason, I want one of these df4yg0v06hzz.jpg
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    With the possible exclusion of the Javelin, AMC built some of the ugliest cars known to man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    @steveinaz The AMX wasn't bad but the Javelin was kinda funny looking