My personal experience: Acoustic Zen Sartori speaker wires

124»

Comments

• befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    edited December 2016
    Redned. while i can somewhat see your intent. But I assume that given to a perspective of common sense they're are a very few that would still disagree that some measure of performance enhancement can be achieved in the use of quality cable.But however with regards to the extravagant cost high-end manufactures expect for their TOTL offerings its likely the debate would still naturally continue from a cost to performance standpoint
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited December 2016
    Hey B-rock....Nelson Pass was a two-bit hack who couldn't design a single pole switch. Plagiarized most of his work anyways.

:o
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited December 2016
    :* Come say that to my face Russ!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    heiney9 wrote: »
    :* Come say that to my face Russ!

Back In Indiana, chump. Flag pole...3 o'clock...
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    i can't stop staring at your random gif @lightman1
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited December 2016
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Well, this thread certainly got sanitized today. B)

Yes, as did the entire forum. ;)

trek-spock-planning-crp_zpsfmrr7ohv.jpg

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • lightman1
    Open for business!
  • Joey_V

trek-spock-planning-crp_zpsfmrr7ohv.jpg

What you mean?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Something to keep in mind is that synchronicity on a system is paramount. For some systems the TOTL may not be the best fit for that particular system. I certainly understand the desire to know if the TOTL is within ones means, especially if that persons components are in the TOTL neighborhood, however, for many others there can be great improvement to a system by looking for the deals in the sweet spot of their product line. Thankfully, the cable makers have made provisions for all of us. For those that disavow cable significance there are cables made for you as well.

Glad to see some sanity back, for a moment at least, in this thread. Peace and good tunes to all.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Something to keep in mind is that synchronicity on a system is paramount.

"Synchronicity". ??? LOL

I do like that better than the yuppie word; Synergy. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    I use the satori cables in 2 out of my 4 systems. The pro 4 cables and Mit cables work well on the others. It's nice to have choices.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    DSkip wrote: »
    The Police must be catching up to him.

I see what you did there... ;)
  • kharp1
    They'll never take me alive!

You will know...synchronicity
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Joey_V wrote: »

What you mean?

samuel-l-jackson-banned.gif
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Joey_V
    Dang. I guess the boom was lowered.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    This forum has always been good to me. I have learned more in the last ten years than the previous forty. There was an opportunity a few years back to demo the LsiM 703's at my house and I liked them a lot. Now finally they are in my living room system and the wife is happy because of the smaller size compared to the previous M10 or M70's I had in there. Also because of this forum I was able to demo some pretty expensive MIT speaker cables and interconnects. Did I notice a difference over the Monster cables? Not really. But I did buy the grey MIT Shotgun cables when they came up for sale used at a great price. (Thanks Jesse for the idea!). I was banned for thirty days for a political link right before the election. Still here. Most of us here get along great. Thank you to everyone here. Thanks for the review Joey. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Nice to see a cable thread all cleaned up. Great review Joey! I have been looking to try out some AQ's. I was also looking at the AZ's but now after hearing the comments from Skip I may try some Equinox's or Eclipse's.

There's so many cables out there it's hard to find a place to jump in. :|
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2016
    gce wrote: »
    Nice to see a cable thread all cleaned up. Great review Joey! I have been looking to try out some AQ's. I was also looking at the AZ's but now after hearing the comments from Skip I may try some Equinox's or Eclipse's.

There's so many cables out there it's hard to find a place to jump in. :|

It's tough to know which is which. I just heard aq on a system similar to mine and it sounds like how I feel it should progress towards with each component upgrade.

WW has a following on audioaficionado where their bossman runs the show and has their totl gear.

Shunyata has a following too.

AQ as well.

I have no regrets with the wel. After hearing the AZ, I am even more impressed with the wel much moreso than before. I like the AQ philosophy and their explanations for their cables
  • kharp1
    gce wrote: »
    I have no regrets with the wel. After hearing the AZ, I am even more impressed with the wel much moreso than before. I like the AQ philosophy and their explanations for their cables

Sometimes it's nice to do further testing to confirm what you initially felt and and reaffirm your decision to go with that particular product.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited February 2019
    @rae673 You literally joined to post this rambling comment?!? Please go somewhere else if all you want to do is stir up trouble. If you to actually engage and talk audio then stick around, this is a great forum.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    @rae673 You literally joined to post this rambling comment?!? Please go somewhere else if all you want to do is stir up trouble. If you to actually engage and talk audio then stick around, this is a great forum.

I think it’s pretty clear what @rae673 wants. He or she wants someone to buy him or her a latte (from Starbucks no less). :p
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    rae673 wrote: »
    Halo, sorry you and your Starbucks buddy don't have any reading comprehension skills. Not a forum I'll visit again,. Try this one. When it comes to knowledge! Better to keep your mouth shut when your ignorant, then open it and prove it!

WOW there's a draft....
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    rae673 wrote: »
    when your ignorant

Oh, the irony.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    His post has disappeared.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Did I miss something?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    It seemed like they were here just to cause trouble.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Did I miss something?

Nope!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk