Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,852
    Who are you hiding from?😎😎
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    The dark web. My name and the hotel details. I dunno. Maybe I need to lose the tin hat.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Definitely.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    I’ll be downtown that weekend, I’m gonna try to make it to one of those days
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Last year it was miserable cold rain all day. Then the hotel had several big convention type things going on besides AXPONA and it was packed all day Saturday. AXPONA is a big enough draw factor in 1 or 2 other things going on and it is a loooong walk in the rain from your parking spot. My walk was about 3 or 4 blocks. Going in I was lucky to get picked up by a shuttle bus running folks to the hotel, coming out I was not so lucky and it was pouring rain at that point.
  • joecoulson
    Just thought I would throw this out there. I will be driving up from ATL and if anyone has a need for me to bring anything up from this area for them , PM me. Otherwise bring on the wise cracks.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    That cold rain turned into snow, I remember it well, got stuck behind a snow plow with the left lane closed on the drive home. I also remember having to turn up the tunes to drown out Lightmans snoring.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,552
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »
    I'm the cable guy :D
    Was thinking about going to the Florida show, but hotel rates too high. I can spend 3 nights axpona for $400 less than 2 nights in Florida. May go to axpona.
    What's the temperature like in April?

Hey Marv it's 2019 they do have it indoors these days.
    lol

Got indoor toilets now too...!!!

If you've got a day or two to wander around and listen to gear it's not bad. Like the TonyB has said, unless you're willing to play "let's make a deal" on the last day there really aren't any "deals". I will go on Friday, maybe Saturday, usually not on Sunday and that's because of the "let's make a deal" situation! I didn't say this out loud but I think I've got enough stuff... :o

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    This would br a hoot! Not sure I could convince the boss tho.

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,852
    save up and come to lone star audio fest.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Some of the exhibitors do have deals. Basically, 10-20% off the MSRP only through the end of the show.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • deronb1
    About a five hour drive. Not terrible.
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2019
    deronb1 wrote: »

Ride with Kerry @kharp1 you'll get there in 2 hours.....
  • deronb1

Does he have a plane?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119

Does he have a plane?

Nope but like the Bandit, wanted in 40 states
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • deronb1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Does he have a plane?

Hmmmm....speeding to Chigago with a felon. Sounds like a plan! :)
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2019

Does he have a plane?

Well he also looks like a serial killer ..... so bro you gots to live life a little.... know what i mean?

Besides all that other stuff was dropped they never found the complaining witnesses

• deronb1

Does he have a plane?

Well he also looks like a serial killer ..... so bro you gots to live life a little.... know what i mean?

Besides all that other stuff was dropped they never found the complaining witnesses

That's the point!
  • pitdogg2

Does he have a plane?

That's the point!

Oh COME ON Derwood :D:D:D

LMAO
  • deronb1
    Ha! Derwood! That's a Bewitched thing
  • pitdogg2
    Ha! Derwood! That's a Bewitched thing

Yep hoped you found the humor ;)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    This Sunday is the last day to buy discounted tickets for anyone on the fence (myself included). Now that it's in Schaumburg instead of Rosemont, it's not as close to my family's house.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • joecoulson
    It would be a schaum if you couldn’t make it...
  • pitdogg2
    Yes I bought a ticket to Saturdays event last year and I plan on buying a ticket this years event for Saturday BUT I truly wonder how many of those folks ACTUALLY bought tickets that were going in and out of rooms ? That weekend was a busy one with several events going on at the same time at that hotel complex.

I don't need no stinkin tickets B)B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Yes I bought a ticket to Saturdays event last year and I plan on buying a ticket this years event for Saturday BUT I truly wonder how many of those folks ACTUALLY bought tickets that were going in and out of rooms ? That weekend was a busy one with several events going on at the same time at that hotel complex.

I don't need no stinkin tickets B)B)

IMO, you gotta "pay to play". Ticket prices go toward paying for all the staff you see running the show as well as other behind the scenes expenses that you don't see.

Audio shows are already a specialized niche thing, so let's do the right thing® and purchase tickets if we're planning on attending.

The last thing we want is for our forum to be directly or indirectly advocating sneaking into the show, instead of playing fair and paying for the privilege of being there.
  • pitdogg2

Clipdat wrote: »

The last thing we want is for our forum to be directly or indirectly advocating sneaking into the show, instead of playing fair and paying for the privilege of being there.

Drew a little light reading is involved.

I said plainly I was buying a ticket for the day I'm attending.
    I'm NOT advocating that anyone NOT buy a ticket or tickets for multiple days if you are going all days

I also mentioned that there was multiple large events going on at the hotel that same weekend BESIDES Axpona
    My comment was pointed towards the other thousands of folk there for those other events since you never must show proof anywhere that you paid for the event coming and going on the several floors of Axpona.

Maybe you just didn't get the joke that clearly was a rip off of the Blues Brothers movie

"We don't need no stinkin badges"

Pointed clearly at the others showing up on shuttle buses from other hotels to the other large EVENTS besides AXPONA at the hotel the same weekend.

Once AGAIN I was NEVER advocating that anyone from POLK AUDIO FORUM or ANYWHERE NOT BUY a ticket to attend the event.

I was simply making a statement from what i had seen and experienced my day at the event.

Jeesh dude do you ever turn that OCD off? Really man !

• joecoulson
    To bring levity in, the poor guy has been without bass in his system for a while now. He got it back within the last day or so. But i expect the Withdrawal symptoms to take some time to dissipate. Can any of you imagine not having bass? It’s enough to make a man lose it!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    joecoulson wrote: »
    To bring levity in, the poor guy has been without bass in his system for a while now. He got it back within the last day or so. But i expect the Withdrawal symptoms to take some time to dissipate. Can any of you imagine not having bass? It’s enough to make a man lose it!!

Some people go without bass and, instead, they listen for the "base" in their setups (no idea what my speaker bases are supposed to sound like - most people say they should be inert!). Maybe I missed something somewhere as I've never even seen a "base" control on a preamp or receiver. Still, people on other forums discuss "base" in regards to the sound quality of their setups. :p
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    edited January 2019
    I said plainly I was buying a ticket for the day I'm attending.
    I'm NOT advocating that anyone NOT buy a ticket or tickets for multiple days if you are going all days

I also mentioned that there was multiple large events going on at the hotel that same weekend BESIDES Axpona
    My comment was pointed towards the other thousands of folk there for those other events since you never must show proof anywhere that you paid for the event coming and going on the several floors of Axpona.

Maybe you just didn't get the joke that clearly was a rip off of the Blues Brothers movie

"We don't need no stinkin badges"

Pointed clearly at the others showing up on shuttle buses from other hotels to the other large EVENTS besides AXPONA at the hotel the same weekend.

Once AGAIN I was NEVER advocating that anyone from POLK AUDIO FORUM or ANYWHERE NOT BUY a ticket to attend the event.

I was simply making a statement from what i had seen and experienced my day at the event.

Jeesh dude do you ever turn that OCD off? Really man !

Thanks for the clarification, Ivan. I realize full well you said you were going to be purchasing a ticket. I wasn't attacking you personally, I was just stating my opinion on the matter. Your post could have been interpreted as suggesting or encouraging people not to purchase tickets. Just felt like throwing a little disclaimer out there and again sharing my personal opinion and point of view on the matter.

No need to get super defensive and turn into an armchair internet medical doctor, assigning an incorrect false diagnosis to someone you've never met and labeling them as "OCD".