Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

I picked up a 3 day pass for this years AXPONA show. Anyone else going? If so what day and we can plan dinner. Last year trying to find a dinner place that was close was a bit crazy so maybe if we go a town over we will have better luck. Although @DSkip wouldn't mind Giordanos for 3 days strait :)
Looks like Audio Thesis will be room 1410
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,525
    You beat me to the thread! I was going to make it on January 1st! ;)

I'm flying in early on Thursday morning for setup and staying through Sunday evening. I have a room booked at the Renaissance. A few other local bay area guys will also be flying out for the show.

To say that I'm excited for this show would be an understatement.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    Sweet!!! I took Friday off work but if you or skip need help, I can take Thursday as well. I work 5 min from the place so even if I took 1/2 day on Thursday, I can be there to help at noon. Last year Saturday was the bigger day for folks coming out to the show. My wife so far has to work Saturday and she is bummed. She had a good time with everyone last year.

For those who have not been, a 2 day pass you will not see it all unless you don't go into every room or spend any time in every room. It is that big.

We tried to get into a local burger place and Friday and Saturday both had almost a 2 hour wait. I think Skip had Giordanos for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 or 4 days strait LOL
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    erniejade wrote: »
    For those who have not been, a 2 day pass you will not see it all unless you don't go into every room or spend any time in every room. It is that big.

My goal is to take a photo and post a writeup/review of each room. At 185+ rooms, is it possible?!
  • erniejade
    DSkip wrote: »
    I regret nothing.
    it is good stuff I will admit that! I think Saturday no one complained about it that's for sure.

• erniejade
    On a 3 day, it might be but you might not be able to stay in each room for too long and you might not get a chair in the sweet spot. Friday and Sunday will be your best bet to boogie through. Saturday was crazy busy.

Almost forgot, if folks want a 3 day pass, you can grab them for $40. They have a gold pass thing that gives you access to a private room with refreshments for $98 but I do not think the refreshments are booze so I passed on it. If anyone had a gold pass last year and can say if it was booze, please speak now! I spent a bit on adult refreshments. I think the wife and I started around noon though...… LOL
  • Clipdat
    Yeah, and they are expecting a bigger turnout this year vs. last. I have a feeling Saturday is going to be a bit crazy, as in very difficult to get any seat time in some rooms.

The show I attended out here was only ~23 rooms IIRC, and even so there were some that were pretty crowded. Is there a certain expectation and/or etiquette in terms of how much time one should spend in a room? I ended up staying for a few 20+ minute sessions in a few rooms, but they were otherwise empty so I figured no big deal. But not a good idea to bogart the sweet spot in a busy room for 20+ mins, right?
  • erniejade
    Some folks would stay in the sweet spot until they got a feel for the system they were listening to. Some rooms folks kind of rotated on the spot. Some rooms it was fine to talk in, some not so much. You have to feel it out room by room.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I’ll be there! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited December 2018
    If youse guys don't want to be fitted for new cement shoes, I would suggest reaching out to Tonyb and at least offer to buy him a round or two, and don't skimp on the cannoli's. (I heard that's what they call "protection" these days.) :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    I'm good for Saturday.
    Tony who?
  • nooshinjohn
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm good for Saturday.
    Tony who?

Some shmuck I know that runs a "concrete business".
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    We ran around with Tonyb last year the guy wouldn't shudup :D

In all seriousness I hope he tags along again fun times
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2018
    deleted...

• erniejade
    @Thorton You coming this year also?
  • verb
    erniejade wrote: »
    @Thorton You coming this year also?

And @GlennDog ?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited December 2018
    What are the dates, and is it at the same place as last year?
    http://www.axpona.com/
    Nevermind found it I might come up Saturday and stay overnight this time. Dont care if I see all the rooms it was fun just hanging out with everyone.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    This newbie is in however I will only have Friday and Saturday all day at the event. Will arrive late Thursday and leave early Sunday.
    Really looking forward to meeting all you weirdos.
  • joecoulson
    Staying at the Wyndham Garden which looks to be right across the lake from the event. And looks to be walking paths.
  • joecoulson
    edited December 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by joecoulson on
  • nooshinjohn
    I’m pretty sure taking Tony for a long walk off Navy Pier would be illegal in all 50 states.

• verb
    deleted...

Aw come on brother! You gotta go! :smile:
  • pitdogg2
    verb wrote: »
    deleted...

Aw come on brother! You gotta go! :smile:

No I'm sure that was a response to something I posted about Tony that I "edited". We were making fun at Tony's expense B)....

But this place can take things wrong and I didn't want a time out.
  • nooshinjohn

Or your very own size 11 cement shoes... :p

• pitdogg2

Naaaa i wear size 9 lol
  • erniejade

Naaaa i wear size 9 lol

Think tony has a size 5.5.
  • joecoulson
    So is the record show good for picking up decent vinyl or is it just bleh?
  • erniejade
    I did not go into the sale area for too long outside of looking for a person. There was a lot of stuff but, I did not actually look at anything inside that room.
  • nooshinjohn
    I find most of these shows to be a waste of time on vinyl... not that there isn’t good stuff there, but with a captive audience, it tends to be way overpriced.

• pitdogg2
    joecoulson wrote: »
    So is the record show good for picking up decent vinyl or is it just bleh?
    Lots of stuff in the room Joe. I'm not into vinyl but the big names are there like music direct and others. You had better sit aside a good hour+ to browse.