Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,048
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Is Judy coming Russ ? I'm asking because I want to know which manners to bring with me. :)

I'm guessing Russ would bring better manners too. :D

BOLD statement Rich :D
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,720
    Would kove ti go, but have a golf trip to pay for. Y'all have a great time!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,082
    Looks like PS Audio has some interesting things planned for Axpona:

"Axpona marks the World Premiere of PS Audio's AN speakers, based on work by our friend and mentor, the late Arnie Nudell, founder of Infinity Systems and Genesis Technologies. PS will show a state-of-the art system featuring DirectStream DAC and Memory Player, BHK Signature preamp and mono amps, P20 Power Plant regenerators, and the AN3 loudspeakers, the smallest of the AN line.

All AN speakers will feature built-in powered servo subwoofers, Air Motion Transformer midrange and tweeter drivers, and DSP to allow for maximum flexibility in use. The top model AN1 will be a serious contender for state-of-the-art, challenging the best loudspeakers made. As always with PS Audio products, the AN series will outperform products at several times their price."
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,347
    That’s gonna be sweet!!!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • verbverb Posts: 7,390
    Groupon appears to be offering discounts on Axpona tickets.
    93cdiyotpjay.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    So I'm in! Bringing a box of cigars for those that indulge! See you all there! :smile:

Oh, did I mention, the Mrs is accompanying me! Bought a couple of gold pass tickets! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,292
    verb wrote: »
    So I'm in! Bringing a box of cigars for those that indulge! See you all there! :smile:

Oh, did I mention, the Mrs is accompanying me! Bought a couple of gold pass tickets! :smile:

You like to live dangerously I see Mr. Powers. :) Looking forward to it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,062

Good. Sounds like my wife will have someone to talk to Saturday night.
    DSkip wrote: »

Wife ? I'm challenged counting past 2. Just so ya know, it's 1.50 for air at the Amoco station around the corner. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,165

Did you get married again?

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,062

Did you get married again?

No. The past few years have been a long, winding road with more orange barrels than I-35.
    Really getting excited about my first show! Looking forward to meeting all of you!
    Looking forward to meeting all of you!

That's your first mistake. :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    edited March 27

If Tony comes up to you with a couple other guys and try’s to kiss both cheeks and says “we need to take a ride”... pull your pants back up and run like hell...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Are you going John?
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    I wish....

If Tony comes up to you with a couple other guys and try’s to kiss both cheeks and says “we need to take a ride”... pull your pants back up and run like hell...

LMAO, I'm not near as bad as John portrays me to be.

Speaking of...what days are you guys going ? Sat....I might make it in the morning but I have a baby shower to go to from 2-5 in Hoffman estates which is down the road. Maybe we can hook up for dinner on Sat. I have Russ's number, few of you guys have mine. Text me with the plans for Sat. night.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,435

Speaking of...what days are you guys going ? Sat....I might make it in the morning but I have a baby shower to go to from 2-5 in Hoffman estates which is down the road. Maybe we can hook up for dinner on Sat. I have Russ's number, few of you guys have mine. Text me with the plans for Sat. night.

I'm one the other guys.... @gudnoyez is the other.....

Shut up John ...

lightman1 wrote: »

I'm one the other guys.... @gudnoyez is the other.....

I'm going Saturday.

If anyone asks I was never there

>:)

Like I said... if you see this crowd, run like hell is coming up fast behind you. Hopefully you can outrun them, otherwise you will be just another statistic at the top of the 6 o'clock news...

Like I said... if you see this crowd, run like hell is coming up fast behind you. Hopefully you can outrun them, otherwise you will be just another statistic at the top of the 6 o'clock news...

4 o'clock news bro, we start early here in Chicago. We have lots of murders to cover ya know.

Outrun us ?? Not even if your Usain Bolt....Ivan's a dead shot my man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,604
    i'll be there friday morning thru sunday afternoon.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    marvda1 wrote: »
    i'll be there friday morning thru sunday afternoon.

Nice
    Have a good time guys, and post lots of pictures... just no more of Tom, as I think we has seen enough of that already.

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,082
    Ideally I would like to photograph and write a brief review of all 185+ rooms. I'm just not sure if it is going to be possible though.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Just keep the reviews down to three words or less. Jesse is a pro at that. Maybe he can help.

I will be there late Thursday and leaving early Sunday.
    I want sushi
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,034
    You are marked safe, John. Tom will not be attending AXPONA this year.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    Nooooooo! Tom!
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,034
    I'm going to LSAF this year.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.