Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,947
    I find most of these shows to be a waste of time on vinyl... not that there isn’t good stuff there, but with a captive audience, it tends to be way overpriced.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,088
    joecoulson wrote: »
    So is the record show good for picking up decent vinyl or is it just bleh?
    Lots of stuff in the room Joe. I'm not into vinyl but the big names are there like music direct and others. You had better sit aside a good hour+ to browse.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,391
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    We ran around with Tonyb last year the guy wouldn't shudup :D

In all seriousness I hope he tags along again fun times

Cough....cough, um....who was the one wandering away from the group like a kid in a candy store ?

Where's Ivan ?

I dunno, Not my turn to watch him.

Oh, there he is, looking up skirts pretending to be interested in audio.

Got to get you one of those ropes the kindergarten teachers put on the kids when walking them outside. :)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • verbverb Posts: 4,472
    verb wrote: »
    deleted...

Aw come on brother! You gotta go! :smile:

No I'm sure that was a response to something I posted about Tony that I "edited". We were making fun at Tony's expense B)....

But this place can take things wrong and I didn't want a time out.

Naw Dogg. It was a plea to get John to join us! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,947
    You knuckle draggers don’t need me tagging along. I am such a chick magnet that you guys wouldn’t have a chance with the ladies if I was there. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,033
    I plan on being there on Saturday.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,006
    edited December 2018
    Had a blast last year with you heathens.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,229
    You knuckle draggers don’t need me tagging along. I am such a chick magnet that you guys wouldn’t have a chance with the ladies if I was there. ;)

Women.... at an audio show???

1k8jruskmz7l.jpg
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    edited December 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    We ran around with Tonyb last year the guy wouldn't shudup :D

In all seriousness I hope he tags along again fun times

Cough....cough, um....who was the one wandering away from the group like a kid in a candy store ?

Where's Ivan ?

I dunno, Not my turn to watch him.

Oh, there he is, looking up skirts pretending to be interested in audio.

Got to get you one of those ropes the kindergarten teachers put on the kids when walking them outside. :)

Guilty as charged :D
    there was SOoo much candy

Good take all the pressure off Russ and I
    edited December 2018
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,720
    I might be in town for my daughter’s Emma birthday party
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,635
    verb wrote: »
    erniejade wrote: »
    @Thorton You coming this year also?

And @GlennDog ?

I'd love to . . . I cannot commit 'til 30 days out, depending on mode of transport
    Long, short ... this is bc my busy season has a short window. So when it's busy I have to get all over it

Plane, train or automobile?

Knowing you and your recent buying habits, we'll need a 3500 GMC with extra towing capacity to drag all that swag back to the "D" B)

Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,459
    I’m bringing my truck Dave :p
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I’m bringing my truck Dave :p

Hey Joe (sounds like a Hendrix jam) . . . R U in Mich? If so, zip?
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,138

I’m definitely going to try and make it again. It was a blast last year meeting everyone. Hopefully the same crew can make it again plus some new additions.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    Thorton wrote: »

I’m definitely going to try and make it again. It was a blast last year meeting everyone. Hopefully the same crew can make it again plus some new additions.

We will need a bigger table for sure......
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,747
    Hmmm...I might have to join in the festivities myself.

Definitely don't want to miss LSAF but I've also never been to AXPONA...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,229
    @msg I believe this venue is within driving distance for you. Have Subaru, will travel?
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Will there be any deals to be had here or just experiences?
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
    Not really Joe, except maybe on the last day when they'd rather sell stuff discounted than have to pack it up again and move it.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    tonyb wrote: »
    Not really Joe, except maybe on the last day when they'd rather sell stuff discounted than have to pack it up again and move it.

Well there is the vendor area Tony that does sell items at a bit less than retail depending on what you're looking for Joe. Not really gear per say but cables, interconnects, music and such
    Don't know if I'd call what that area offered "a deal". They were still priced pretty high.

Gear though, last day of the show is best to play lets make a deal.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    Cables is exactly what I'm interested in - if there are deals to be had..

You'd find better deals on the used markets Joe.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    Understood.

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,266
    edited January 19
    I'm the cable guy :D
    Was thinking about going to the Florida show, but hotel rates too high. I can spend 3 nights axpona for $400 less than 2 nights in Florida. May go to axpona.
    What's the temperature like in April?
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,226
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Was thinking about going to the Florida show, but hotel rates too high. I can spend 3 nights axpona for $400 less than 2 nights in Florida. May go to axpona.

Arctic for your TX folks :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,266
    Ya, it's cold as heii today with the wind blowing hard.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables

Hey Marv it's 2019 they do have it indoors these days.
    lol
    Ya, it's cold as heii today with the wind blowing hard.

April in the midwest is ... Hit or miss. SERIOUSLY

Could be anything . . , hot, cold, windy, snow, ice, rain, etc

But AX is indoors!
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1