Showcase your setups

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Looks great! Nice job with the DIY cabinet completion, too.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Thank You guys
  • joecoulson
    Keeping it warm for @Clipdat as I feel there might be a post here from him soon.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Changed quite a lot since I started this thread 4 months ago. But here is the latest.

43prg4y5cvbr.jpeg

What size is your tv?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Guess again.
    Well played.
    -- evoking the famous story of "Silent Cal" Coolidge.
    Both his dry Yankee wit and his frugality with words became legendary. His wife, Grace Goodhue Coolidge, recounted that a young woman sitting next to Coolidge at a dinner party confided to him she had bet she could get at least three words of conversation from him. Without looking at her he quietly retorted, “You lose.”
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/presidents/calvin-coolidge/
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    The B&K AV5000 is a great match with the B&Ws imho.37d93dyiy4xf.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Willow wrote: »
    Changed quite a lot since I started this thread 4 months ago. But here is the latest.

43prg4y5cvbr.jpeg

What size is your tv?

It’s a Sony XBR 75”

Perfect size.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

43prg4y5cvbr.jpeg

What size is your tv?

It’s a Sony XBR 75”

Perfect size.

That's what she said! badapboom!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • joecoulson
    Whoa Victor! That’ll get you thirty days in solitary.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I thought he was playing solitaire..
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    Whoa Victor! That’ll get you thirty days in solitary.

:#
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2019
    What size is your tv?

It’s a Sony XBR 75”

Nice TV! That one or the Samsung 82" are on my radar to replace my SHARP 70" at some point. However, I don't feel a strong need as of yet. No rush for 4K.

Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • joecoulson
    Best time of year to get a deal. It was this time last year I got that one.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited January 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Guess again.
    Well played.
    -- evoking the famous story of "Silent Cal" Coolidge.

Both his dry Yankee wit and his frugality with words became legendary. His wife, Grace Goodhue Coolidge, recounted that a young woman sitting next to Coolidge at a dinner party confided to him she had bet she could get at least three words of conversation from him. Without looking at her he quietly retorted, “You lose.”
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/presidents/calvin-coolidge/[/quote]

Great story, Doc!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I’m out of town and the wife just called

Our HT is making a horrible buzzing noise

So no telling till I get home

Maybe getting some new digs
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    Lol -^
    Good way of looking at it. Or at least you better use that excuse.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Sounds to me like you need some new stuff.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited January 2019
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I’m out of town and the wife just called

Our HT is making a horrible buzzing noise

So no telling till I get home

Maybe getting some new digs

She's not watching The Swarm, is she?

:#

4q5mwpyj7c5k.png

• joecoulson
    NICE Steve and Zach, both very sharp looking setups and I know some of the sound each of you is getting :wink:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I bet those KEF's are smoooooth.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halo
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I bet those KEF's are smoooooth.

Hi Steve,

They are smooth. Based on things I heard about the Q100's, I thought they'd be tipped up or bright but, thankfully, they're very well balanced with gobs of detail. Tonal accuracy is quite good. I guess KEF worked hard on changing the reproduction between the previous model & the current model. I like them quite a bit!