Best speaker wire

1111213141517»

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 32,454
    edited January 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These wireworld speaker cables are freaking me out. Detail is superb.

Placebo....lol.

Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,415
    Morning tony!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,454
    Mornin' Joe....got the coffee pumpin' ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,415
    Darn right!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,619
    tonyb wrote: »

Placebo....lol.

Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.

Only he hooks 'em to the wrong connections...

6i28985bfdfn.png

:|

• vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,976
    Is this the source of your freak-out? ->> WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    Den: Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Adcom GFP-750 * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio PP3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Study: Roon * ProJect Stream Box Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Studio: Roon * LG v30 phone * Dared MP-5 * DefTech SM45
    Beach: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * Schiit Yggdrasil * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 / First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
    Beach Den: Sonore microRendu * Dayens Menuetto * Fostex BK-12m Folded Horn / KEF LS50 / Dynaudio Audience 50 / Revel M22

• audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,284
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Is this the source of your freak-out? ->> WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables

Yes. My daughter and I were playing Rush Exit Stage Left last night with the lights out and I think during The Trees she said "Dad I think I heard something behind me...".
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,271
    Careful guys, you'll end up like Jesse and Ken.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,705
    We shouldn't have to be careful about pointing out the obvious. The issue should have been dealt with a long time ago.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

The cleaner was here and now Paul's and my post make no sense. :/

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• displaynamedisplayname Posts: 664
    edited May 2019

Placebo....lol.

Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Usher T-515 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,525

Placebo....lol.

Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.

Thanks for the comparison! Since I got my libtecs on eBay for less than $100 shipped, I think I’ll happily stick with them for awhile...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Martin Logan Grotto sub; Cambridge Azur 851A; Cambridge Azur 851D; Bryston BPD-1
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45; ACI Titan Subwoofer; Squeezebox Touch
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 664
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Placebo....lol.

Thanks for the comparison! Since I got my libtecs on eBay for less than $100 shipped, I think I’ll happily stick with them for awhile...
    I would 100% recommend that. The Libtecs on Ebay are probably one of the best deals in audio right now when it comes to bang for the buck.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Usher T-515 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,749
    F1nut wrote: »
    Is there now somebody coming through and cleaning up our mess?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    That was back in January when we still had a mod.

President of Club Polk

• HermitismHermitism Posts: 3,127
    What would it take, one email or phone call from someone at Polk to someone at Vanilla, and then one or two clicks by a Vanilla employee to give a member here the ability to clean up spam and delete unwanted/inappropriate posts/threads? I don't understand why that can't at least do that.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,578
    Hermitism wrote: »
    What would it take, one email or phone call from someone at Polk to someone at Vanilla, and then one or two clicks by a Vanilla employee to give a member here the ability to clean up spam and delete unwanted/inappropriate posts/threads? I don't understand why that can't at least do that.

and if they picked Bruce :D
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,271
    F1nut wrote: »

I don't really need help from a mod for my posts not to make sense :p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden