Group-buy-2019-dreadnought-avel-lindberg-1000va-isolation-transformers

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2018
    This thread needs more ****:

edu6vl5ygxvy.jpg

zgdnt9562933.jpg

Edit: Apparently I need to get more creative in my misspelling of the word "pa-horn"
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I dunno if we had 25 people that would be awesome :D:D

Yes Jay we need more nudies :pB)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Nerds spell it: pron...
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    More pictures of Dreadnought's would maybe help.

But lets not muddy it up with a bunch of banter of all kinds of other stuff.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Nice to see yet another group buy moving forward. For anyone on the fence about it this is a major step forward for these fine old speakers.
    I consider my dreadnaught and Larry's case from the last group buy quite possibly my best upgrade ever for my 1.2tl's. The removal of ground noise that I didn't know was there is noticeable from the very second the dreadnaught is plugged in.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I don’t need one, but when has that ever been a prerequisite for an audio related purchase?

I wold like to be in for one, if possible.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I don’t need one, but when has that ever been a prerequisite for an audio related purchase?

I wold like to be IN for one, if possible.

Consider yourself in for one then. As you know the more we order the cheaper it gets for all.
  • pitdogg2
    OK here we go updated list as of 12/27/2018

1. Erniejade

2. pitdogg2

3. La2vegas

4. Gerres26

5. Indyhawg

6. StainOsteel2

7. audioluvr

8. Verb

9. vcwatkins

10. BC6

11. Lightman1

12. BlueBirdMusic

13. daddyjt

ALL BELOW ARE POSSIBLE

14. gudnoyez

15. honestaquarian

16. monepolk

17. GlennDog

You guys on the fence if its going to make a difference or not @vcwatkins will have some pricing next week.

• Ah screw it I'm in. :D

This is going even faster than the last one. When you include all of us fence sitters, we are almost at 20 in less than a week!
    So imaging what will happen by January. Nobody thought this could possibly come close to the last one, but it's looking to me like it might be..........................

@pitdogg2 apparently you missed this post from three days ago
  • So with @daddyjt joining that makes it 14 official
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Are these for SDA only? I'd really like a lower noise floor. But not sure this is the answer for the RTA12.

Thanks
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited December 2018
    Yes that is correct. The dreadnought is a larger isolation transformer which is placed inline in the crossfieed cable that connects Polk SDA loudspeakers to one another. The RTA’s are predecessors to the SDA’s and do not have a crossfeed cable connecting them like the SD’A’s do. So the dreadnought has no place to go.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    OK here we go updated list as of 12/27/2018

1. Erniejade

2. pitdogg2

3. La2vegas

4. Gerres26

5. Indyhawg

6. StainOsteel2

7. audioluvr

8. Verb

9. vcwatkins

10. BC6

11. Lightman1

12. BlueBirdMusic

13. daddyjt

14. honestaquarian

ALL BELOW ARE POSSIBLE

15. gudnoyez

16. monepolk

17. GlennDog

You guys on the fence if its going to make a difference or not @vcwatkins will have some pricing next week.

Updated but yes Carlton I was more just double checking.

Great addition @vcwatkins
    Thanks much appreciated

Pitdogg2

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited December 2018
    I bought two 1000VA transformers on the last buy. I sold one of them and am using one currently. I sort of regret selling that second one. I would be in for buying another if the price is low enough (enough people). Count me in on the "possible" group. I hope this works out for everyone that does not have one currently.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    vxp0obd0de5y.jpg

Spot to the left of the stand is ready for the Dreadknot case.......
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Or a 2nd sub... that sub to the right already has dual 12's though....
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited December 2018
    Ernie, is that a CSiA 6 Bing used as a TV riser?
  • erniejade
    Tv is mounted to the wall. Just happens to not have much space between the bottom of the TV and the top of the speaker. Saved me from needing to do an in wall wire kit.

I had rti12 ( sold recently) , still have the FXI a4's up stairs not being used. I should put the 4's up for sale soon. pfa01f4v0f3k.jpg
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    Are there any SDA limitations for using the Dreadnought? Any version of SDA that wouldn't benefit from it? Having @westmassguy upgrade the 4 X/O's in my 2a's this winter and since I'm already down that rabbit hole might as well explore another one if it makes as much SQ difference as seems to be the consensus here. If my 2a's qualify as candidates, guess you better put me down for 1. Thanks
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    ThomasD wrote: »
    Are there any SDA limitations for using the Dreadnought? Any version of SDA that wouldn't benefit from it? Having @westmassguy upgrade the 4 X/O's in my 2a's this winter and since I'm already down that rabbit hole might as well explore another one if it makes as much SQ difference as seems to be the consensus here. If my 2a's qualify as candidates, guess you better put me down for 1. Thanks

Your SDA2's are Blade/blade and therefore not a candidate. But lets be real here. Sooner or later like everyone of us here that had a B/b SDA eventually you will have a pin/blade model that CAN use it. There will probably not be another group buy in the future. A few bought more than one last go around and ended up selling a spare. So you will be able to sell it in the future if you ever have to need to. A few people this time are buying another without a need for one because they know it's very unlikely that there will be another go around. We need at least 10 folks for the company to even consider a special run to make them we had that the first day.
    Like myself 3 yrs ago who didn't have a pin/blade model that could use it, I now do and wish I had bought one 3 yrs. ago when they had 25 folks and got much better pricing because of the fact they had 25 folks buying. There was at the time price breaks at 20 I believe was about $15 cheaper.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

Thomas, I would have quoted you on an 800VA Dreadnaught if it applied to your 2As.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • ThomasD
    @westmassguy Dave, should have realized you would have suggested it.

@pitdogg2 You are correct in the possible eventuality of acquiring a larger pin/blade model should one become available up here. Don't know about selling it later if not needed with shipping to/from AK being prohibitive for many things, but......... Keep me in as a 'possible' please. Has a 'critical point of no return' date to decide been chosen yet?
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • pitdogg2
    @westmassguy Dave, should have realized you would have suggested it.

@pitdogg2 You are correct in the possible eventuality of acquiring a larger pin/blade model should one become available up here. Don't know about selling it later if not needed with shipping to/from AK being prohibitive for many things, but......... Keep me in as a 'possible' please. Has a 'critical point of no return' date to decide been chosen yet?

We are looking at doing this in the next few weeks. We will have our quote next week as to prices so we will probably move pretty soon after that.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    OK here we go updated list as of 12/3p/2018

1. Erniejade

2. pitdogg2

3. La2vegas

4. Gerres26

5. Indyhawg

6. StainOsteel2

7. audioluvr

8. Verb

9. vcwatkins

10. BC6

11. Lightman1

12. BlueBirdMusic

13. daddyjt

14. honestaquarian

ALL BELOW ARE POSSIBLE

15. gudnoyez

16. monepolk

17. GlennDog

18. ThomasD

19. Headrott

If all you guys on the fence and one more would commit I'm fairly certain with 20 it would be very favorable pricing.

Thanks all
  • ThomasD
    Silly question but where am I missing the ‘watch this thread’ button? So I don’t miss updates.
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    bookmark it. star at top right on the page.
  • erniejade
    On the top of the page, there is a star. Click on it and it should change colors. That means you are subscribed to the thread.
  • ThomasD

erniejade wrote: »
    On the top of the page, there is a star. Click on it and it should change colors. That means you are subscribed to the thread.

Duh..... somehow missed that.
    Thanks.
  • Late to the party and really tired of the ground loop noise. I'm currently not connected. My SDA SRS 1.2tl's would benefit greatly, so I'm told.
    I've had all the other major mods done, Crossover, new tweets, Dynamat, Speakon interconnect, etc.
    If it's not too late count me in.
    Eric