Showcase your setups

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2018
    ^^Mustang II Cobra, a sheep in wolves clothing.

The drawing is still kind of cool with the 3 dimensional look.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Joey_V wrote: »
    A little late to the party.

Here’s our family room set up. Sonus Faber Olympica 3. Wife chose the Rotel Ra1592 integrated because of ease of use.

If I had my way, I’d have a monoblock set up in the corner.d84s5qh81bdf.jpeg
    82w0dvihe508.jpeg
    nz78sgltuu8u.jpeg

Dad, this sticker will look great on the side of those speakers.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Lol
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    qxb1buajwzdx.jpeg

This is loosely what mine looks like minus the Bose 301’s and picture Pink Floyd and movie soundtracks on the wall... and a few different electronics
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    la2vegas wrote: »
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I liked them about 6" off axis from my ears. I also liked them more when my ears were level with the woofer.

My ears sit a bit higher than most people when listening. I’m 6’ 3” and sit kinda high up in the wheelchair compared to an able bodied person sitting lower in a recliner or on a couch. ;)

I will keep adjusting as best I can to get great results.

These speakers look fantastic. The finish is smooth as glass. They had some smudges and spots on them when they got here but I used Über rinseless car wash, mixed with distilled water, applied with a Chemical Guys microfiber towel.

Wondering if any of the past owners put a coat of auto wax on these? @vcwatkins @kharp1 Perhaps the original owner Craig got them from on eBay?

I talked to Dave @daboyz and he just used a damp cloth.

I bought them used in South Carolina. Don't think the original owner did anything. I generally use a dry microfiber cloth. It's possible I used a bit of the Gibson guitar polish; not certain.

My preferred placement was a bit wider than usual (probably close to an equilateral triangle) and toed in to a few degrees outside of direct line (a few feet behind listener's noggin). I did not try adjusting up/down and never got around to adding weight.

Nice rig, enjoy!

That's a wonderful product, especially on the piano black found on the LSI lineup. m543ukmroi00.jpg

Hahaha I dont have my glasses on and I thought it said "Pimp Polish"!
  • CH46E
    edited November 2018
    gq0qrot4jgl4.jpg
    45owq1fype5r.jpg
    1205i9st2u9c.jpg
    vubysk6s8fni.jpg
    f08n6dgjafjm.jpg
    gfv9w88pumta.jpg

You can see a bit of change. All in the same room. I sure miss those JBL L80T.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited November 2018
    I will have to repost tomorrow. Getting two more monoblocks so I can bi-amp the 705’s. Super excited.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    CH46E wrote: »
    f08n6dgjafjm.jpg

This hurts my head... What little OCD I have is jamming an ice pick into my eyes for looking at that pic. The words "fire hazard", and "not to code" come to mind.
  • joecoulson
    @CH46E you make cabinets?
  • joecoulson
    Lol! That’s funny
  • CH46E
    joecoulson wrote: »
    @CH46E you make cabinets?

Not any worth while! Lol. I did put this one together. 5pvgvsk4aqsd.jpg

• CH46E
    @FestYboy , I do have a fire extinguisher near by!
  • CH46E
    @FestYboy , I do have a fire extinguisher near by!

Just one?

2, I had three but after a large bottle rocket veered into my neighbor's palm tree last 4th of July I'm down to 2.
  • CH46E
    WOW, anyone else watching the Rams and the Chiefs? What a game!
  • CH46E
    WOW, anyone else watching the Rams and the Chiefs? What a game!

A heck of a game. I'm not a Ram fan but my buddy offered me a ticket to the game but I came to Vegas instead.

I wish they were going to Vegas instead of the Raiders! Vegas is home but I never liked the Raiders.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Most points scored on a Monday Night game...ever. It was a blast! Mahomes was off a tad and that's one reason they lost. But the LA referees called some BS calls to help the Rams but the RAMS did fight like heck to win too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    Very nice.

Is that the sb4000 or 16"?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • joecoulson
    edited November 2018
    SB 16 Ultra
    Thing is a beast.
    And Thank You
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Great looking setup Joe.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Willow
    Milito wrote: »
    Updated pic with my new 900F and HSU VTF-2 MK5 sub. Nice improvement over the PSW505. Wife was not happy about the size of it, lol.

tkn64o0v985o.jpg

Do you not feel like you should toe those in just a tad? I feel you about the sub. I brought home the PB10 NSD and it's very big for a 10".
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    0dnn0j6z4nns.png

Just think how well this would sound IF you had two of the same tubes in it, instead of one RCA and one Chinese....

Oh wait does it even work? didn't you lose a screw or nut down inside of it?
  • joecoulson
    Updated pic with my new 900F and HSU VTF-2 MK5 sub. Nice improvement over the PSW505. Wife was not happy about the size of it, lol.

tkn64o0v985o.jpg

Looks great man. Bet it sounds great too.
  • Milito
    edited December 2018
    Willow I probably should, but don't have the room. A chair goes in the corner where the tree is now. Got to so a little re-centering on the wall decor, lol.

Thanks Joe. Yes the sound is getting better, but I still am looking for an amp to add to it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Willow
    Willow I probably should, but don't have the room. A chair goes in the corner where the tree is now. Got to so a little re-centering on the wall decor, lol.

Thanks Joe. Yes the sound is getting better, but I still am looking for an amp to add to it.

Cool beans. We can only do what we can only do. Looks nice and clean for sure. I will add that the lady in the right hand corner would drive me mad watching tv (I know she's there for the holidays) but I don't like anything in the screen's way.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2018
    ^^and pull the protective film off the speaker baffles, looks great otherwise.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Milito
    edited December 2018
    ^^and pull the protective film off the speaker baffles, looks great otherwise.

Thanks, there is no protective film on them. It's just light reflection on them as the room doesn't have a lot of light and I had the overhead light on as you can see the reflection on the TV screen.