Comments

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Hermitism wrote: »
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    You have no idea how much that really looks like me :smile:
    It is you!
    5onenlnn44o6.jpg

Once I thought about I guessed it was computer wizardry.
    Very cool
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Tony M wrote: »
    Just think about this...why are there a million churches, synagogues, mosques and other places of worship. A billion people think something is going on spiritually.

Sadly, the short answer to that question = $$$$$

WWJD? Well.....not that. :|
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Places of worship have bills to pay, maintenance costs and most importantly people to help with their spiritual journeys. ;)o:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Hermit you have quite the talent! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited October 2018
    8i49lyrbn7qs.jpg
    @westmassguy
    Happy Halloween, Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon!
  • verb
    No wonder Dave needs surgery! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    verb wrote: »
    Fear not Jimmy! Your pug puppy has been found! Thank goodness! :smile:
    agnggglt73yb.png

see crack does kill
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I had one house where randomly the lights in my bathroom would flicker. I kid you not I was able to tell it when to start and stop...MULTIPLE times. Tis crazy, that being said I don't get too caught up in supernatural stuff.

My wife had an experience at the good ol haunted Gadsden Hotel. We were staying there a night for a party in town with family. I slept like a baby and so did my daughter however my wife said she was woken up by someone saying "Hello". When she came to she couldn't move and the noise got louder, she said she tried to say my name to wake me up but nothing came out.

I chalk it up to being paranoid and having a very realistic dream. Who knows.

5smx5bc4qev6.jpg

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    When she came to she couldn't move and the noise got louder, she said she tried to say my name to wake me up but nothing came out.

That sounds very much like "sleep paralysis", which is relatively common.
  • Hermitism
    Viking64 wrote: »
    When she came to she couldn't move and the noise got louder, she said she tried to say my name to wake me up but nothing came out.

Or Bill Cosby was staying at the hotel at the same time.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    8i49lyrbn7qs.jpg
    @westmassguy
    Happy Halloween, Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon!

I never looked better.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Hermitism
    I never looked better.
    HEY! You're back! Hope you are feeling better, or healing quickly!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Viking64 wrote: »

I actually mentioned that to her as well. Explained that if she wakes up during the wrong cycle of sleep where the paralysis happens naturally to keep us from acting out our dreams that she would experience not being able to move etc...she is stuck on the fact is was a ghost...she is borderline obsessed with the idea that there are ghosts. I don't NOT believe it but I also don't quite feel Hollywood's interpretation is correct.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verb
    I never looked better.
    HEY! You're back! Hope you are feeling better, or healing quickly!
    Just got home today.

Good to hear! How'd the head re-attach procedure go? :smile:
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    To keep the stories going, I worked at a restaurant in downtown Tucson, the building was only from the 1930's, the rest of the complex was from the 1880's. The indoor dining divided into 4 rooms, I'd seen a man in the corner of the front room to the right of the wait station many times, so had several co-workers. Never felt a bad feeling, he just was there and if you looked right at him, he faded quickly.

On a slow Sunday morning, two nice ladies came in and I tried to put them in the center room to make it easier for my hungover a$$. One of them said, no, I like this room better going to the haunted room, she walked in looking down and moves straight to the corner and says "this is where he stands isn't it?" looking right at me...Whoa, lady B) , her friend says "she does this all the time, don't freak out". It was a little late for that hehe! She then tells me "he means no harm, there is something in the ground in that area that he covets", it could be a ring or something else lost long ago, it brings him so peace just to be near it...now I'm sweaty and feel sorry for the presence.

They had a nice lunch and I thanked them for letting me know the mystery.
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • Tony M
    edited October 2018
    I saw the "Airlie girl Ghost" back in 86'. My boss was bringing me home from a late night at work at Wrightsville Bch. . It was dark. Airlie Rd. connects straight to Wrightsville Ave. at the Oleander / Military Cutoff Rd. so we always took that route most of the time. My vehicle must've been broke down for him to have been driving me home.

Well coming up to Oleander on Airlie Rd. there is a Church on the right. It's across the street from Airlie Gardens Estate. There used to be a very rich family living on the estate that's on an inlet. I think there is a girl that was seen every once in a while who wears an old white Victorian gown and bonnet and is seen standing off a bit on the side of the road. I have a book now that tells the story of the strange things that happen around Wilmington and maybe further South. It's been a while since I've seen my book but I might look for it this fall/winter.

We were about to come up on Oleander and I see this girl dressed in that old gown on my side of the road. My boss just drives up to the light that was about 100 ft. or less from passing her. As we're slowing down, I ask him "did you see that girl?". What girl? he asked back to me. The girl in the gown right behind us. I look in the side mirror thinking I'd see the white gown...nothing. I then turn around and again, nothing. I know what I saw. She was there. I can't remember her face or hair color anymore, but I remember that it was a she and the white Victorian gown and bonnet.

My boss who was driving NEVER saw her. How could he NOT see her. She was about 10' off the side of the road. :o

I found this little book about strange things that happen around the area, and also the ghost/s that inhabit the USS North Carolina Battleship that is harbored across from downtown Wilmington... "25 years after my experience". To see that others have seen her is reassuring I'm not alone with that supernatural experience of seeing a possible ghost on Arlie Rd. across from Arlie Gardens. B)
  • Tony M
    edited October 2018
    There used to be these HUGE BOOMS that happened quite often. Maybe one or two a year. HUGE booms! only one though. The sound is like a HUGE bomb blowing up. About 3 or 4 times louder than a fireworks lone BOOMER BOMB they light off during finales for the most part. The whole area can hear them for sure!

They are named the SENECA BOOMS. After the Seneca Indians I believe.

Nobody knows where it comes from except maybe from downtown around the Cape Fear River area.

I haven't heard them in quite a long time now. Some have thought hey might have come from the fault line that's under us. Years ago, I was laying in bed and the house started to move back and forth. My mirrored glass bi-fold closet door was trying to open and close a few times. Truly scary!

I think after that earth movement happened, I haven't heard any more BOOMS or I've been sleeping and haven't heard them.

https://rense.com//general13/mysterybooms.htm
  • Hermitism
    CRAP! I was going to make some more of these this year but never found the time. I might have some leftovers from a Russ project that could count towards a Halloween costume.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    I love a woman with a good sense of humor, and she's not this one - or is it a put up job?

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    This is going to be great. Thank you for this