Pathmark
    Service Merchandise
    Alexanders
    Rickels
    Bradlees
    Channel Lumber

Sears is just the next one on the list
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    OleBoot wrote: »
    I don't post much here about hifi as my stuff is garbage compared to most...
    So long as it's not Bose and Kraco… you are good. :p

It's mostly Hello Kitty.

Then you are welcome to hang out and talk audio. Jesse still uses a Hello Kitty microphone setup for Karaoke nights in his man cave.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mantis wrote: »
    falls to the waste side.
    If you don't know a phrase, it's probably a good idea not to use it. :p
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    My twenty-somethings have likely never entered a Sears on their own, and probably never will. I used to buy a lot of their products, but haven't bought anything there in years. There was a really nice mall near me that opened in the mid-80s and slowly died in the new millennium. It has since been flattened.
  • mdaudioguy
    BTW, growing up, we only had a Sears catalog store in town through to the early 80s before the mall opened and Sears was (and still is) an anchor. Kind of like a walk-in Amazon in hard copy, and your stuff got delivered to the store.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    falls to the waste side.
    If you don't know a phrase, it's probably a good idea not to use it. :p

Aww, c'mon. You know what they say, Ways not, want not.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Aww, c'mon. You know what they say, Ways not, want not.

Hey! Whose wayside are you on, anyway?!?!?! :p

Hmmm....make that "who's" just for the fun of it. HAHAHA
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    I don't post much here about hifi as my stuff is garbage compared to most...
    So long as it's not Bose and Kraco… you are good. :p

It's mostly Hello Kitty.

Then you are welcome to hang out and talk audio. Jesse still uses a Hello Kitty microphone setup for Karaoke nights in his man cave.

I'll post something meaningful one day, but health problems in the past couple of years and retiring on a small fixed income have been keeping me from furthering this hobby. I have quite a few things in the closet - an MF integrated, a few pairs of assorted Kef speakers, a pair of Monitor 10's in pieces, a 1990 NAD home theater system, a little Cambridge integrated which was one of the last Stan Curtis designs, a Manticore Mantra turntable and other stuff. If somebody cures my excruciating back pain, I'll start putting things together.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I don't like any of you forkwits here.
  • lightman1
    Except Cathy....
  • nooshinjohn
    Target has a decent shot of pulling through, though I have had some concerns over the years about them, especially after the failure of their signature stores, Dayton’s.

I found some pics recently of my sister and I with Santa Clause on the top floor of their store in downtown St. Paul.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I found some pics recently of my sister
    OMG, so did I! :p

The college pics?! Me too!
  • nooshinjohn

You can have all you like, my sister so ugly, she could derail a freight train by looking at it from a thousand yards out.

• mdaudioguy

You can have all you like, my sister so ugly, she could derail a freight train by looking at it from a thousand yards out.

Oh, maybe I can resistor!
  • nooshinjohn
    That’s what they thought about Medusa too, until they decapitated her. Proceed with caution.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Oh, maybe I can resistor!

Doubt it she's a man eater...
  • nooshinjohn
    For those thinks I am wrong to bag on my sister... what else can I do for a woman that ignored her mother for 35 years, even as she was dying, and withheld a grand daughter from her? Nothing but contempt for her...

• lightman1
    For those thinks I am wrong to bag on my sister... what else can I do for a woman that ignored her mother for 35 years, even as she was dying, and withheld a grand daughter from her? Nothing but contempt for her...

I'd hit it.....
    Twice on Sunday morning.....
  • nooshinjohn
    I won’t ask how,.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited October 2018
    I won’t ask how,.

With 6.6 liters what else?
    I believe he calls it his "boom truck" whatever that is... o:)o:)
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think the retail business (businesses -- K-Mart, too) are finished.
    The parade passed them by, two decades ago (at least).

meanwhile, a reminder of happier times.

http://www.wishbookweb.com/the-catalogs/

33tos6c89q5d.png

Brings back some happy memories.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647
    ... with Santa Clause on the top floor of their store in downtown St. Paul.
    Did you type that just to give @Viking64 something to do?

:|

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Sears was great but not sure if any of you had the store Service Merchandise in your neighborhood growing up, but their electronics Dept was the Bomb!!
    Then after you ordered, you would wait at the end of the carousel rollers to get your “widget”
    Happy memories.
  • mhardy6647
    Service Merchandise was one of a number of weird catalog stores with (ostensibly) limited membership, big catalogs, name brands, good prices, and weird models for customers. You didn't pick up your merchandise, you picked it out, then waited - as per the description above - for it to come to you.

In Baltimore, there was one called W. Bell & Company. There was also a similar store called "Best", with a huge catalog. There were others, too, I am pretty sure.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Todays no different Doc. You pick out your stuff and wait for it to be delivered.....by Amazon.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    tonyb wrote: »
    Todays no different Doc. You pick out your stuff and wait for it to be delivered.....by Amazon.

So true
    I do miss showrooms though. Nothing in the middle anymore. Either stupid high end where you almost need a ticket to enter the showroom (electronics) or big box which is the worst way to showcase that type of gear.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but it's JUST a store, plenty have come and gone and they should have been allowed to die a loooong time ago. That's just life, adapt or die. Just ask Woolworths, Kennedys, Zayres.

Stop living in the past wishing for the good old days which weren't that good and focus on the future. Otherwise, you will end up just as useless and irrelevant as the above stores.

LOL! Irrelevant...whatever.

No, dear, I'm not living in the past wishing for the good ole days.

I was, quite literally, in a Sears the weekend before last getting parts for my Craftsman lawn tractor and I picked up a new attachment for my Craftsman weedwhacker.

Not having Sears is seriously going to suck.

I can only hope that the website still survives. Kmart can go the way of the dodo for all I care. Hated that place. Sears, though, it's going to get much harder to source repair parts and product info/manuals if Sears goes completely solvent. I won't be able to easily repair my equipment without access to the Sears parts department. That's a significant cost change for me if I have to start replacing stuff that's broken because I can't get a repair part for it anymore.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Sears didn't MAKE anything they just had their name on it ... So finding parts for your SEARS stuff won;t be hard... once you figure out who the REAL MANUFACTURER is.

https://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/lmfaq/lmwmmwbn.htm
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |