Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    You need the cable. Duh!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    edited July 2018
    Buy the amps and get the very large speakers for free lol... These are a rare sight in my area....I'm still holding out for 3.1's however......

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ele/d/adcom-stereo-system-polk/6653268028.html
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    xschop wrote: »
    Buy the amps and get the very large speakers for free lol... These are a rare sight in my area....I'm still holding out for 3.1's however......

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ele/d/adcom-stereo-system-polk/6653268028.html

Are those SDA SRS1.2tl speakers?

The tweeters look like RD0198s.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474

Are those SDA SRS1.2tl speakers?

The tweeters look like RD0198s.

Yup.

Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    xschop wrote: »

Hope that person didn't hook the sda cables up with the mono blocks
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    [/quote] Hope that person didn't hook the sda cables up with the mono blocks[/quote]

That info would be a great negotiation tool.

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    But, but...I've already got some SDA-2Bs in storage! Also noticed a pair of ADS L1290/2 for sale :#
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,164
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    RTi12s claimed flawless with CSiA6 asking $500. Demo offered. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/ele/d/polk-audio-rti12-stereo-home/6656043339.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    These look promising. 1C's for two clams. No affiliation.
    https://maine.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-sda-1c/6652249218.html
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    CGTIII wrote: »
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/ele/d/polk-audio-rti12-stereo-home/6656043339.html

Oh common! Why can't they be closer!?!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »

I feel for ya. Really, I do. :'( Maybe one day though.

I had to drive 5 miles to get mine. What a long trip! :'(

Mine are now 50 ft. away. Got em last spring I believe with a CSi5 center ( you can just see the side end of it behind the top closer to the door, and a PSW505 sub for 300 or 350. But the tweeter resisters need replacing. Some mids had that white coil crust which cleaned up great thanks to advice from this forum. Other than that, not a scratch or nick on either of them. The tall grills had a couple of breaks but are now fixed.

I liked the price a lot !!! when I saw them on my local Craig's list. A 70+ young man was moving and downsizing. Yea.. :)B)
    g783yt44my8m.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    edited July 2018
    more SRS 2's - blade blade, great deal. not mine. very tempted. don't need them though... curious if the drivers are the real polk replacements or if they're something else...
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/53042767
    qrfkzgqr2bp4.jpg

Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    They don't look like Polk mid-woofers to me.
  • Tony M
    They don't look like originals to me. :#

And the cabinets look extremely dirty or moldy. :s
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    JayMX wrote: »
    more SRS 2's - blade blade, great deal. not mine. very tempted. don't need them though... curious if the drivers are the real polk replacements or if they're something else...
    qrfkzgqr2bp4.jpg

Those do not appear to be Polk drivers. IF they are, they'er the wrong drivers period.

The correct drivers are 4x MW6509
  • JayMX
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    qrfkzgqr2bp4.jpg

Those do not appear to be Polk drivers. IF they are, they'er the wrong drivers period.

The correct drivers are 4x MW6509

Received this from the seller:
    “No the drivers were not from Polk unfortunately. GRS 6PR-8 6-1/2" Poly Cone Rubber Surround Woofer. When I bought them originally the original mids were blown.”
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • JayMX
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ....and then the price dropped significantly.

Yup. He also confirmed that he doesn’t have the interconnect. I think I will back away slowly... :#:#
  • pitdogg2
    They're two nice 15" passive radiators....
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited July 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

I feel for ya. Really, I do. :'( Maybe one day though.

I had to drive 5 miles to get mine. What a long trip! :'(

Shut up Tony.... :s

Why ya gotta be so mean!
  • Tony M
    I hope one day you get the chance to purchase a set for 1/2 what I paid and you only have to drive 1 mile to get them. :)B):p
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Looks like there are a few pair of SDAs hiding in these pictures...

Not sure if any of you Florida Polkies know of this place...

https://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/d/back-to-old-schoolsale/6649742073.html
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    scubalab wrote: »
    Looks like there are a few pair of SDAs hiding in these pictures...

Not sure if any of you Florida Polkies know of this place...

https://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/d/back-to-old-schoolsale/6649742073.html

I don’t know where that is, but I wanna go! But according to my mom, Vero Beach is 4 hours away.
  • pitdogg2
    you have a license go get some "milk" Micah.....
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    you have a license go get some "milk" Micah.....

I only have a permit :disappointed:
    And my parents would kill me. And I couldn’t pay for gas.
    So basically, I would get a ticket, then get in huge trouble, and then be in debt for gas. As much as it would be awesome, I don’t think it’s worth it. :confused:
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    qrfkzgqr2bp4.jpg
    They're two nice 15" passive radiators....

Good point @pitdogg2. Considering they're Frankenpolks, not the most sought after SRS, would cost quite a bit to get back to stock or more to upgrade...those SW-150's are a steal at the current $250 price. I have way more than that invested in all the upgrades for my 1.2tl's.

Tell me, would you pay $125 for a replacement PR if yours was unrepairable? Guaranteed, you'd make your money back if someone needs it. Potentially, even more. Heck, I'd pay $250 for 1 SW-150 if one of mine was blown. I've made 4 major moves in the past 10 years, so I have 2 saved for a rainy day (one is not perfect).

I'm not into cannibalizing a perfectly good set of speakers but perhaps someone can get them into the CP family for a rainy day. I'm not near the seller...otherwise I'd buy into this insurance plan :) . Folks, these are unobtainium!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬