Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 7,933
    LOL! Television crew heading to your house! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    I still don't think he's at that "level" yet. On one of the episodes I watched, the lady had bags of vacuum dust/debris that she had saved from the "good times" in her life.

That is some loony tunes ****. Tony you better not be saving your vacuum bags!
    verb wrote: »

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,351
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It's only hording if there's no longer walkways, and you have piles of stuff that could topple over and kill you at any moment.

Tony is still at the respectable "collector" level. :)
    Reminds me of my workshop (aka storage room) in the basement. They make reality shows about us Tony! :smile:

I'm on the verge of renting a storage locker... :s

I need to SELL some things!!!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    I have a weakness for CD players, hint hint.
    Tony M wrote: »

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    :D :D
    I thought about calling 2 men and a truck to help me empty it and then re-organize it in a better way. I was supposed to start selling things off this year but haven't done it yet. :(
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,720
    I thought about calling 2 men and a truck to help me empty it and then re-organize it in a better way. I was supposed to start selling things off this year but haven't done it yet. :(

You still have time it's only March. Why torment yourself with deadlines, concentrate on the important things in life. Like buying more speakers.
    edited March 2018
    I
    la2vegas wrote: »

You still have time it's only March. Why torment yourself with deadlines, concentrate on the important things in life. Like buying more speakers.

I need you for a therapist and to speak to my wife to explain some things around here. :D B)
    edited March 2018
    I can help with therapy sessions, but with regards to wife issues you're on your own. I got my hands full explaining things to mine. :#
    I have a weakness for CD players, hint hint.

Us Polkies have a lot in common! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,610
    I can help with therapy sessions,

Say's the candy store owner across the street from the elementary school
    Yeah...Hmmmm....NO, just sayin' ;)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    I'll bet she KNOWS you like POLK speakers just like mine knows I do too.

My Polk speaker collection doesn't come close to yours. You could almost open a POLK speaker museum. B)

My Polk speaker collection doesn't come close to yours. You could almost open a POLK speaker museum. B)

By the way I stopped listing them in my profile several pairs ago.

On a not so related topic I'm supposed to buy some ebony lsi7's and an Lsic for 80 bucks tomorrow morning.
    I like your style! ;) B) The Polk collection GROWS some more. I hope you like them in person.

I don't have room for them BUT for that price, I'd squeeze them in somewhere for sure! :D

On a not so related topic I'm supposed to buy some ebony lsi7's and an Lsic for 80 bucks tomorrow morning.

Wow! Dude you got the smokin deal radar on ! :smile:
    He's finding them because he's looking for them. That's the way I felt was the reason I found so many deals. I was out there making rounds and after Craigs List was started, and I got my first PC, I was looking in a whole nother way. I saw a pr. of Cerwin Vegas listed tonight near me that needed re-foaming. But they're a 10" model and a lot of guys throughout my selling days wanted 12" woofers in their speakers. So I held off tonight. :s
    Yep. I use CL and SearchTempest. EBay for laughs most of the time. That’s how I located the SRS2’s, using SearchTempest.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    It's only hording if there's no longer walkways, and you have piles of stuff that could topple over and kill you at any moment.

Tony is still at the respectable "collector" level. :)
    Reminds me of my workshop (aka storage room) in the basement. They make reality shows about us Tony! :smile:

Collectors unite!!! I hope I am still in the respectable range... Lol! Here is some of my projects I still need to get to......

h4uzw7lu7g90.jpg

Whomever got those SR2's for a hundred got a smoking deal. Thought my set for $200 was good. Ohio why are you so far away???? :)
    Nice stash @kmeek ! Quit teasin and get all that crap off and post better pics! :smile:
    Nice stash @kmeek ! Quit teasin and get all that crap off and post better pics! :smile:

Sorry about that @verb. Hope you like this one better? ;) wy4jprhaadla.jpg
    Just pokin ya! Way cool! I’m jealous!
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,548
    kmeek wrote: »

Placement is horrible..... LOL!
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    I've got two sets of Larry's rings, Dynamat and nice Aluminum binding post plates from VR3 I want to get installed on the big boys before putting them back in service. I just can't catch a break from work travel.... :#

Placement is horrible..... LOL!

Yea I was wondering why the imaging sucked?? Lol!!
    I've got two sets of Larry's rings, Dynamat and nice Aluminum binding post plates from VR3 I want to get installed on the big boys before putting them back in service. I just can't catch a break from work travel.... :#

My problem too!
  • xjghostxjghost Posts: 938
    Selling my 12's. http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/181355/monitor-12s/p1?new=1 Thinking about selling my SDA 3.1's too. I have a set of rings for the 3.1's some dyna mat and post to make a new interconnect. Life changes like getting married mean I need to get rid of some of my projects. I'm in South Carolina. I' dont come here too often any more so email is best. glennf at fulmerls dot coom
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • 250GTLusso250GTLusso Registered User Posts: 162
    @kmeek , looks like you have a cherry pair of SDA-SRS 2.3(TL?)s and SDA-SRS 2s! If you got those SDA-SRS 2s for $200, I hope you ran like you stole them, because you did! Wow, nice score.
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).

Wow! Dude you got the smokin deal radar on ! :smile:

Loaded up and on my way. The seller was a real nice guy who was into vintage speakers as well, although none were Polks. He let me have them for 60 bucks for the trio.
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 718
    Would this be a project worth considering? Look like 2Bs with no bases or side panels. No reference to interconnect so may be missing.
    Listing has been up awhile so may be an opportunity to pick up for a buck fiddy and have some $$ for repairs and upgrades.
    Room is 18 x 10 with 8 foot ceilings so thinking these might be the best model of SDAs to get my feet wet.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers-sda-2/6490365747.html
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

Garage / Workshop rig : Plinius 9100 ; Monitor 7 Series 2 ; Teac TN300 TT

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
    It's only teenage wasteland
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Would this be a project worth considering? Look like 2Bs with no bases or side panels. No reference to interconnect so may be missing.
    Listing has been up awhile so may be an opportunity to pick up for a buck fiddy and have some $$ for repairs and upgrades.
    Room is 18 x 10 with 8 foot ceilings so thinking these might be the best model of SDAs to get my feet wet.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers-sda-2/6490365747.html

For sure! New bases are easy to make, and the other mods are well documented here on CP!