Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1141142144146147209

Comments

  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,720
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @kmeek what's in the Monoprice box?

    Why speaker cables and interconnects of course.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    edited March 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @kmeek what's in the Monoprice box?

    What's not in the Monoprice box is the better question....

    And there are multiple boxes!!! (you just see one)

    I don't know about you guys but their next day shipping service is almost as rediculous as Amazons. Instant gratification baby!!!! :D
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    I just traded my 2.3TL's for some Monoprice SDA's because they have a snazzy wireless interconnect cable and an Alexa-powered adjustable crossover. B)
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just traded my 2.3TL's for some Monoprice SDA's because they have a snazzy wireless interconnect cable and an Alexa-powered adjustable crossover. B)

    And are they the size of the Bose cubes?

    That my friend is a girlfriend/wife requested speaker upgrade!! :D
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    kmeek wrote: »

    And are they the size of the Bose cubes?

    That my friend is a girlfriend/wife requested speaker upgrade!! :D

    HAHAHAHA My ex-wife had about as much interest in audio as I do in knitting. My girlfriend lives about 3000 miles away and has a stereo worth more than most people's houses, yet she is almost never home to enjoy it. She likes it because it was "expensive and pretty". HAHAHA

    My new Monoprice SDA's are about the size of a box of POP-Tarts. The sound field is 40 feet wide, 10 feet high, and deeper than Junior Sample's overall pockets. :o
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    edited March 2018
    @Viking64, I don't know about you but I am sure a lot of us can attribute getting some of our smoking deals on speakers where the initial conversation with the seller starts with something like this.....

    "I love these speakers but my (insert significant other here) says they are (Insert Adjective here: too big, too tall, too loud, too ugly....) and need to get rid of them".

    I know as a single guy I would personally like to thank all of those significant others that convinced their significant other to sell the speakers we now lovingly have in our collections..... B)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    edited March 2018
    Picture of girlfriend's rack?
    Viking64 wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA My ex-wife had about as much interest in audio as I do in knitting. My girlfriend lives about 3000 miles away and has a stereo worth more than most people's houses, yet she is almost never home to enjoy it. She likes it because it was "expensive and pretty". HAHAHA

    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    kmeek wrote: »
    @Viking64, I don't know about you but I am sure a lot of us can attribute getting some of our smoking deals on speakers where the initial conversation with the seller starts with something like this.....

    "I love these speakers but my (insert significant other here) says they are (Insert Adjective here: too big, too tall, too loud, too ugly....) and need to get rid of them".

    I know as a single guy I would personally like to thank all of those significant others that convinced their significant other to sell the speakers we now lovingly have in our collections..... B)
    LOL

    I've never bought or sold any audio gear privately, except for a few items from members here. The whole time I was married, my "big boys" sat in storage. Those speakers lasted me 9 times as long as my marriage did, and I just got finished doing a full mod with Vr3 crossovers. So thankfully I didn't sell them to make 3 years of misery slightly less....miserable. :p
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Picture of girlfriend's rack?

    I actually mentioned it a few months back, saying it was a 10K rack. A 10K AUDIO rack. And I wasn't kidding. Still, that comment got deleted!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    But seriously, I want to see her
    audio
    rack.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I actually mentioned it a few months back, saying it was a 10K rack. A 10K AUDIO rack. And I wasn't kidding. Still, that comment got deleted!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    edited March 2018
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just traded my 2.3TL's for some Monoprice SDA's because they have a snazzy wireless interconnect cable and an Alexa-powered adjustable crossover. B)

    I have a Monoprice tube amp that'll run those SDA's real good! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    Viking64 wrote: »
    kmeek wrote: »

    And are they the size of the Bose cubes?

    That my friend is a girlfriend/wife requested speaker upgrade!! :D

    HAHAHAHA My ex-wife had about as much interest in audio as I do in knitting. My girlfriend lives about 3000 miles away and has a stereo worth more than most people's houses, yet she is almost never home to enjoy it. She likes it because it was "expensive and pretty". HAHAHA

    My new Monoprice SDA's are about the size of a box of POP-Tarts. The sound field is 40 feet wide, 10 feet high, and deeper than Junior Sample's overall pockets. :o

    You're divorced? I'm shocked! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    But his current girlfriend has a $10k rack. So I'd say he upgraded.
    verb wrote: »
    You're divorced? I'm shocked! :smiley:

    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    Clipdat wrote: »
    But his current girlfriend has a $10k rack. So I'd say he upgraded.
    verb wrote: »
    You're divorced? I'm shocked! :smiley:

    Yes but she's 3000 miles away. Must be a pretty big rack! :smiley:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    verb wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just traded my 2.3TL's for some Monoprice SDA's because they have a snazzy wireless interconnect cable and an Alexa-powered adjustable crossover. B)

    I have a Monoprice tube amp that'll run those SDA's real good! :smiley:

    Single-ended 500 watts or go home! :s



    :p
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    verb wrote: »
    You're divorced? I'm shocked! :smiley:
    I expected you to call me a "liar" for saying I wasn't into knitting. :p
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    You're divorced? I'm shocked! :smiley:
    I expected you to call me a "liar" for saying I wasn't into knitting. :p

    Hmmm. I don't know Jimmy! :smiley:
    rh466lt8c44d.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    Back on topic: Infinite Baffle, 25-Way, Mono Speaker. Full affiliation. 6 hundie bone ducats. Shipping by camel available at your cost from 90125.

    v406fx0udpbj.jpg

  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice butt plug on the far left there.

    "I'm going to wave my freak-flag high." -Jimi Hendrix (1967)
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice butt plug on the far left there.

    For his camel, no doubt! :smile:

    BTW - Where've you been? Could have used some relief after getting beat up after my recent thread! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    Is that a joke? I'm basically always on the forum except for when I'm sleeping.
    verb wrote: »
    BTW - Where've you been? Could have used some relief after getting beat up after my recent thread! :smile:

    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Is that a joke? I'm basically always on the forum except for when I'm sleeping.
    verb wrote: »
    BTW - Where've you been? Could have used some relief after getting beat up after my recent thread! :smile:

    Oops! That was meant for @Viking64 ! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    edited March 2018
    verb wrote: »
    Oops! That was meant for @Viking64 ! :smile:

    Which thread? Humming Equipment Rack? Rush MP3s? Fluid-Coupled Room Treatments? :p There are so many dumpy grumpies, I lose track of which one of us is the current whipping boy. HAHAHAHAHA
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,199
    Don't forget people having mini meltdowns over how I put the post I'm quoting below my response. As if a kitten gets killed every time I do it.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Which thread? Humming Equipment Rack? Rush MP3s? Fluid-Coupled Room Treatments? :p There are so many dumpy grumpies, I lose track of which one of us is the current whipping boy. HAHAHAHAHA

    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Don't forget people having mini meltdowns over how I put the post I'm quoting below my response. As if a kitten gets killed every time I do it.
    Feel the hate flow through you.

    2s8ietnhgq9p.jpg

  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,355
    That's my ex after me proclaiming my love for Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
  • verbverb Posts: 7,904
    Viking64 wrote: »
    That's my ex after me proclaiming my love for Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

    Your ex? Lordy! Even when she looks happy, ugh! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!