Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,665
    CGTIII wrote: »
    10As in Colombus, OH. Cheap? Pickup only.
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/54195977

Uh... that’s an Adcom GFA-555 II...
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,484
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,803
    Appear to be RTA 12s for $50. Seller hasn't responded. I could facilitate in the Atlanta or Birmingham Metro areas. No affiliation.
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/485634861/

Did anyone get these?!

• CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 662
    edited June 2018
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/54195977

Uh... that’s an Adcom GFA-555 II...

Oops! Again wish I could edit for more than an hour. Here's the right link, I hope...
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/54200414
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
    edited June 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Appear to be RTA 12s for $50. Seller hasn't responded. I could facilitate in the Atlanta or Birmingham Metro areas. No affiliation.

Did anyone get these?! [12s for $50 near Birmingham, AL]

I'll be near these this weekend if anyone wants me to check on them.

Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.

You need to grab them if you can, that price is insane. I wonder what it would take to polkie express them up my way...
    edited June 2018

You need to grab them if you can, that price is insane. I wonder what it would take to polkie express them up my way...

With a busy weekend ahead already, I don't want to take time or space unless they have a likely destination...
    Someone would need to expect that by the time it arrived to them (even by careful Polkie Express) a driver (or four) might be bad, cap broken or compressed, crossover failing, who knows...

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    I can get to the bottom of NC in 7 or so hrs but that about my limit for a day trip... If they could get to NC unscathed, I can safely say they'd stay that way.

But I digress: my point really was that it's an impossible deal (even if there's "no room" for them).
    edited June 2018
    If you want that day trip, I can check 'em out this weekend and meet you with them in Cherokee, NC some weekend soon. :-)

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,956
    If you want that day trip, I can check 'em out this weekend and meet you with them in Cherokee, NC some weekend soon. :-)

At a boy @CGTIII, polkies helping each other out.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 637
    Beat Polk (Monitor 5,7,or 10) probably just good for parts or total junk (you decide)

$25 north Jersey

https://cnj.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-speakers-polk-jensens/6625438256.html
  • verbverb Posts: 8,878
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    delkal wrote: »
    Beat Polk (Monitor 5,7,or 10) probably just good for parts or total junk (you decide)

$25 north Jersey

https://cnj.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-speakers-polk-jensens/6625438256.html

Those are 5s

Enabler!!!! If this goes down, I wouldn't be able to grab them till September... Working 7 days a week till then, but I'll front you the cash and some extra to hold them/your troubles.

Then again they could be trashed, but maybe not.
    Trying to contact the seller again then.

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for the front and extra offer. No extra needed. I'll let you know if/when I get them.
    Karma already perhaps as I picked up an Adcom 545 MkII in excellent condition for $100 today. :wink:
    Seller of the RTA 12s didn't respond with when we could meet this weekend or today. I'll try again weekend after next when nearby again.

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,956
    Thank you for the front and extra offer. No extra needed. I'll let you know if/when I get them.
    Karma already perhaps as I picked up an Adcom 545 MkII in excellent condition for $100 today. :wink:
    Seller of the RTA 12s didn't respond with when we could meet this weekend or today. I'll try again weekend after next when nearby again.

Oddly enough you and I bought the exact amp for the same price. Although I bought mine yesterday afternoon. :)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,484
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,665
    Clipdat wrote: »

Something does NOT look right about those pics... some kind of weird filter maybe?
    Micah
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,532
    Good price on them.
    Color setting set to monochrome?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    edited June 2018
    Ok, So I just picked these up off of Offerup. Sad thing is the guy that had them does house clean out and recovery (so either abandoned properties or tenants that move out and leave everything behind to be cleaned up). Apparently he picked them up out of an abandoned house he was paid to clean out!!!!!! Why am I not so lucky!!!!!

Well he got them for free but he was asking $400 for them. The lowest he would go without telling me to walk was $360.00. So I bought them........

Cabinets are dry and need some TLC with the Oak veneer in a couple of places peeling back. Cloth covers and side panels look decent and the drivers are in great shape. Didn't have the interconnect cable (so that was my sticking point to get him to go down in price).

Here are some pics....

Ok Now just a pair of CRS's then I'm done!!! I swear!! ;)

7qowj4tic3va.jpg

9hziolcdikpm.jpg

z2acnl0bpg71.jpg

73wyfqkas5r8.jpg

Anyone have any SL3000 tweets laying around you want to sell??

Left tweet out on the 3.1's. Pulled a 2500 out of my parts 8TL temporarily to check if was the tweeter, loose wiring or crossover. The 2500 is working so it is the tweeter. Just need to find one replacement SL3000?? Thanks
    Allow me to be the first to say: you suck ;)

I can't find a pair of 3.1s 'round here to save my life
    Allow me to be the first to say: you suck ;)

I can't find a pair of 3.1s 'round here to save my life

You need to take up a part time hobbie of cleaning out abandoned houses like the guy I bought them from when he found them free!!!
    That's the guy that really sucks!! :p
  • verbverb Posts: 8,878
    verb wrote: »

So tomorrow I'm going to take a look at these (above). Good price?

He also has a pair on minty CRS's for sale (blade/blade IC) for 3 hundie. Seems high.
    What do you guys think?

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/pair-of-polk-audio-sda/6625939762.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    edited June 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    too high

Yup, 80 would be more appropriate for the JRs and 120 max for the CRS.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,532
    edited July 2018
    subkron wrote: »

I'd def. get the RDO194 Monitor 10's! That's a great set for 150.00! Then again, I just went back and read the description. It looks like the seller is hiding the swelling with the sales manual and doesn't provide a picture of the swelling.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.